• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh If you could pick five old Pokémon for the Galar Pokédex...

WatcherMark

Reaction score
With the announcement that only Pokémon present in Galar's regional dex will be usable in Sword and Shield, I was wondering which five people would include if given the chance. Obviously choosing a certain Pokémon will also covers it's evolutions and Alola Forms.

Here's my choices in no particular order:

1 - Eevee
2 - Aipom
3 - Swinub
4 - Goomy
5 - Chimchar

Talonflame line? want to see the bird.
Aegislash line.
both are more then 5, thats problematic...

no particular order and omitting legendaries, and omitting ones already confirmed as of right now.
I want/hope
  1. Amphoras
  2. Swampert
  3. Girafrig
  4. Alolan Marowak
  5. Dragonite

I want whimiscott on here too but not enough room. haha.

I like this as an exercise. I know it won’t be a positive to a lot of people on the forums, but finding out which old Pokémon will be in each new game will be part of the hype going forward. Also, I assume lines count as 1 Pokémon?

1. Chandelure line
  2. Heracross
  3. Aegislash line
  4. Mamoswine line
  5. Escavalier line

If I wasn’t pretty confident that UBs aren’t getting in, Xurkitree would have been on the list.

I basically just want the Blitzle line. It has been neglected since it's BW home region games... It's not fair! For the others, I'd just like Pokémon on similar situations (neglected for the past 2+ gens) to get some attention.

There are frankly far too many Pokemon I like that most likely wouldn't make the cut, and I'm sure once I make a list I'll remember even more species I like. I do not expect any of the older starters (except Kanto's cause of LGPE) or legendaries to make a return appearance this gen, so I'll be (sadly) omitting those. But so far my list is,
  1. Electabuzz
  2. Pansear / Pansage / Panpour lines
  3. Oranguru
  4. Koffing
  5. Slugma (Or alternately Magmar)

Two of them would be the Mareep and Cottonee lines, but that’s mostly because I want a Little Bo Peep trainer with the former two + Wooloo. I also want the Meltan line in there because only having them in Let’s Go is a huge waste since the lack of modern mechanics (abilities and held items) prevents them from reaching their full potential. Then comes the Wailmer line mostly because of Dynamax Wailord, but also for my wishlist pick of an Ice/Fairy regional variant based on narwhals. Lastly, I’m gonna cheat and count the Tao Trio from Unova as one evolutionary line (since they started out as one Pokémon to begin with).

I basically just want the Blitzle line. It has been neglected since it's BW home region games... It's not fair! For the others, I'd just like Pokémon on similar situations (neglected for the past 2+ gens) to get some attention.
The same is true for Glameow. Platinum did not have it appear in the wild. They even change the model between XY and SM, but useless since it's nowhere to be found (beside ORAS mirage thing). Therefore I want to see
  1. Blitzle
  2. Glameow
  3. Deerling
  4. Shinx
  5. Cherubi

The same is true for Glameow. Platinum did not have it appear in the wild. They even change the model between XY and SM, but useless since it's nowhere to be found (beside ORAS mirage thing). Therefore I want to see
  1. Blitzle
  2. Glameow
  3. Deerling
  4. Shinx
  5. Cherubi
That's pretty bad about Glameow. And I forgot Deerling existed even though I loved its concept in BW. Maybe it can come back in these games, but only if they bring back all its forms. Maybe make them more weather-related instead of seasons?

That's pretty bad about Glameow. And I forgot Deerling existed even though I loved its concept in BW. Maybe it can come back in these games, but only if they bring back all its forms. Maybe make them more weather-related instead of seasons?
im hoping so too. like for rainy times it could be spring, sunny summer snowy winter. i dont know about autumn. not sure they have a breezy time or not.

Shinx Line. If I could just choose one it would be the Shinx line. The Shinx line is well loved by fans, and what it's only been in like Sinnoh and Kalos. And in Kalos you can only get it because Luxio is in the Friend Safari. It needs to be in Swsh.

Others I would do
Glameow
Deerling
Dewgong
Noibat

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom