• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh If you could pick five old Pokémon for the Galar Pokédex...

The Mareep line would be pretty nice, especially after I've seen so much fanart of Mareep and Wooloo together. The Skiddo line would also be pretty neat. It would be nice to see more of the farm animal based Pokemon in the games, especially when Mudsdale was already featured. Plus, I'd be tempted to try raising a Skiddo again. I tried to do that in my X team, but I decided to go with something else, so I may try again sometime down the road.

The Rockruff line would also be nice. Seeing Rockruff or Lyncanroc in the Wild Area would be pretty neat. The Skrelp line would be nice since it's one of my favorite sixth generation Pokemon. The Meinfoo line would also be cool. It's a pretty good Fighting type Pokemon and I could see it fitting within the Galar region quite nicely.

1. Froakie line
  2. Mawile
  3. Gible line
  4. Timburr line
  5. Bagon line
If anyone wants to take a look, someone did a poll on reddit to see what pokemon are the most appreciated by fans:

Last edited:
I have chosen my faves from each gen:
Scyther line
Misdreavus line
Absol (obviously)
Budew line
Larvesta line
Honedge line
Sandygast line
Wait a minute... you asked for FIVE Pokémon? And less half are cross-gen.... oh well.

1. Froakie line
  2. Chimchar line
  3. Larvesta line
  4. Gible line
  5. Drilbur line
I’m assuming I don’t have to put Ditto in my five since it is in the Galar Dex for breeding and the Honedge line since it could be argued it fits the Galar theme. ;) Has to be a sure bet.

Since Eevee is likely in it I can omit Glaceon, but these are my favorites in no particular order:

• Volcarona line
  • Gastrodon line
  • Sandslash line
  • Girafarig
  • Ribombee line

Eevee's probably there so I'll ignore Umbreon so:

1. Buizel
  2. Shinx
  3. Blaziken
  4. Decidueye
  5. Ninetails

All right if I'm picking 5 then it would no doubt be these (with me having no idea of what old mons have already been confirmed since I'm trying to go about things as blindly as I can this gen)

Male Nidoran line (I was so upset that you face one in Gen 7 on their version of the nugget bridge but then can't catch one yourself in game???)

Litwick line
Milotic
Scyther/Scizor
Larvesta/Volcarona

These are easily some of my favorites, and ones that mean the most to me.

Actually this brings up a question, if a pokemon that had an alolan form is in the dex, wouldn't their alolan form be in the game as well? Since it's a different form rather than a separate pokemon.
No. Because Alolan forms are Alolan.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom