• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh If you could pick five old Pokémon for the Galar Pokédex...

Actually this brings up a question, if a pokemon that had an alolan form is in the dex, wouldn't their alolan form be in the game as well? Since it's a different form rather than a separate pokemon.
It's a different form that would also need "animation updates" so I think there is a good chance that they would be banned from transfer as well if their form isn't for whatever reason available in Galar natively.

Which makes me wanna add Alolan Exeggutor to my list now. I love that thing. =/

It's a different form that would also need "animation updates" so I think there is a good chance that they would be banned from transfer as well if their form isn't for whatever reason available in Galar natively.

Which makes me wanna add Alolan Exeggutor to my list now. I love that thing. =/
They may also include some normal forms and some alola forms. For example, Cubone will evolve in alola marowak while Pikachu in normal Raichu; Grimer and Muk will be available in their Alola form while Rattata and Raticate in their normal forms considering the probable absence of yangoos.
Some of both Kanto and Alola forms will just be cut off.
About alola exeggutor...if I have to be honest, Its chances to pass the borders are really low. The climate in Galar does not seem so hot to justify its huge neck, even if It would have been fun to see that giant thing walking in the wild area, letterally causing frame rate drops every step It takes.
But hey, we are speaking about gen 1 pokemon, their chances are always higher than anyone else. Imagine how Qwilfish is feeling right now...

They may also include some normal forms and some alola forms. For example, Cubone will evolve in alola marowak while Pikachu in normal Raichu; Grimer and Muk will be available in their Alola form while Rattata and Raticate in their normal forms considering the probable absence of yangoos.
Some of both Kanto and Alola forms will just be cut off.
About alola exeggutor...if I have to be honest, Its chances to pass the borders are really low. The climate in Galar does not seem so hot to justify its huge neck, even if It would have been fun to see that giant thing walking in the wild area, letterally causing frame rate drops every step It takes.
But hey, we are speaking about gen 1 pokemon, their chances are always higher than anyone else. Imagine how Qwilfish is feeling right now...
Yeeeeeah, I have no doubts about Alolan Exeggutor being cut from Galar, to be honest. Out of all the Alolan forms, that one is really the most tied to the climate. It's just a shame because Alolan Exeggutor is the best tree ever. Maybe if I just...

Yeeeeeah, I have no doubts about Alolan Exeggutor being cut from Galar, to be honest. Out of all the Alolan forms, that one is really the most tied to the climate. It's just a shame because Alolan Exeggutor is the best tree ever. Maybe if I just...
LOL
That would have been the smartest choice ever...

Are we sure Vanilluxe line will actually be in the games?

I mean...I want to meet the genius that decided that the best environment for three ice cones was a lake. Try to put an ice cube into a glass of water (even cold water, ignoring the fact that that lake cannot be that cold, considering there was rain two minutes before) and watch the result.
A cool thing to do was to make the lake frozen during hail...but I admit that's too much to ask, considering the actual situation. But then why put ice in water? Don't they know they are supposed to melt in like 10 minutes?

Last edited:

View attachment 120452

I mean...I want to meet the genius that decided that the best environment for three ice cones was a lake. Try to put an ice cube into a glass of water (even cold water, ignoring the fact that that lake cannot be that cold, considering there was rain two minutes before) and watch the result.
A cool thing to do was to make the lake frozen during hail...but I admit that's too much to ask, considering the actual situation. But then why put ice in water? Don't they know they are supposed to melt in like 10 minutes?
Because James Turner, that's why :p

View attachment 120452

They seem to be floating above the lake rather than swimming in it. Also, a few of Vanilluxe’s Pokédex entries mentions swallowing water to make snow clouds inside their bodies for attacking foes.

They seem to be floating above the lake rather than swimming in it. Also, a few of Vanilluxe’s Pokédex entries mentions swallowing water to make snow clouds inside their bodies for attacking foes.
Vanilliite is in the water. The pokedex mentions that they live in cold mountains, the fact that they swallow water doesn't mean they live in lakes...

Vanilliite is in the water. The pokedex mentions that they live in cold mountains, the fact that they swallow water doesn't mean they live in lakes...
Then maybe it’s like that kid brother who tries to mimic their big bro; Vanillite is trying to evolve as quickly as possible. :LOL:

But yeah, their placement is definitely odd. It’s like they took the final stage’s Pokédex entry and decided to apply it to its previous stages without thinking about how much sense it’d make for them as a whole.

Last edited:
Hmm...I'd say Riolu, Shinx, Deino, Budew, Snorunt and their respective lines, among many others.
The Riolu, Deino, Budew, and Snorunt lines are all confirmed to be in!

I’m hoping for Sableye, Honedge (I mean, come on, it’s a Sword...still they didn’t put Lunatone and Solrock in Sun and Moon so...), Nincada, Pumpkaboo, and Bagon.

You guys think Tauros and Milktank are already in? Cause of the country side areas and I'm fairly sure Milo is a farmboy, and when there's farms, there's Tauros and Milktank

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom