• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh If you could pick five old Pokémon for the Galar Pokédex...

They might also introduce a new bovine just like they introduced a new sheep.

As for what I would like to see survive the Galar checking station?

Pancham
Houndour
Noibat
Tyrunt
Litleo (lion king's about to come out FFS)

As much as I'd want something like Alolan Ninetails in, it wouldn't make sense lore wise. I suppose they could have simply made an "Alolan safari area" where special exotics are transported in. There are many more I'd like to have seen, (like Snivy or Sandile) so just 5 is so limiting...

Pancham
Houndour
Noibat
Tyrunt

As much as I'd want something like Alolan Ninetails in, it wouldn't make sense lore wise. I suppose they could have simply made an "Alolan safari area" where special exotics are transported in. There are many more I'd like to have seen, (like Snivy or Sandile) so just 5 is so limiting...
Well some good news, Pangoro's already confirmed in

Pancham
Houndour
Noibat
Tyrunt

Noibat's also confirmed!

Since there's regular Ninetales in, though, I doubt Alolan Ninetales made the cut. =/

I still think we need more contex of Alolan forms and if their transferable. Sure they are different models, but they count as the same pokemon in the dex, just another form, not unlike certain form changes

Lillipup (looks like a terrier)
Poochyena (wolves)
Pachirisu (squirrels)
Kricketot (moustache)
Bunnelby (rabbits)

I especially want to see Kricketot in here, because I feel like it just suits Galar so well.

I still think we need more contex of Alolan forms and if their transferable. Sure they are different models, but they count as the same pokemon in the dex, just another form, not unlike certain form changes
Well, if a bunch of pokemon were cut for the sake of time, it wouldn't make sense for them to work on the models for forms unobtainable in the game. And if they did... then you can imagine a lot of people gonna be pissed that Alolan forms got in for no good reason but their favorite pokemon didn't.

Well, if a bunch of pokemon were cut for the sake of time, it wouldn't make sense for them to work on the models for forms unobtainable in the game. And if they did... then you can imagine a lot of people gonna be pissed that Alolan forms got in for no good reason but their favorite pokemon didn't.
People would already be pissed pokemon like Goldeen get to stay. Besides even LGPE got to keep alolan forms despite having just the 151

People would already be pissed pokemon like Goldeen get to stay. Besides even LGPE got to keep alolan forms despite having just the 151
LGPE also had mega evolutions and didn't update animations, to my knowledge, and it's quite different to be mad at a pokemon that actually appears in the game versus several pokemon making the cut that don't even appear in the game despite that being the criteria for pokemon to be transferrable. There are 18 Alolan forms. That's 18 pokemon that they would have to work on the animations for that wouldn't even technically be available in Sword or Shield. Goldeen at least appears in the wild. The read that would happen here is basically "That's time spent animating 18 pokemon that could have been spent on pokemon that actually appear in the game."

I love regional variants, but if they're going to cut pokemon, then don't waste time on Alola's unless they appear in Galar. Because it just wouldn't be fair.

LGPE also had mega evolutions and didn't update animations, to my knowledge, and it's quite different to be mad at a pokemon that actually appears in the game versus several pokemon making the cut that don't even appear in the game despite that being the criteria for pokemon to be transferrable. There are 18 Alolan forms. That's 18 pokemon that they would have to work on the animations for that wouldn't even technically be available in Sword or Shield. Goldeen at least appears in the wild. The read that would happen here is basically "That's time spent animating 18 pokemon that could have been spent on pokemon that actually appear in the game."

I love regional variants, but if they're going to cut pokemon, then don't waste time on Alola's unless they appear in Galar. Because it just wouldn't be fair.
I feel that's something they'd do though. Doesn't help that we already 3 pokemon that have alolan form confirmed in the game. Being Raichu, Vulpix, and Dugtrio. Not even sure all 18 forms will be included either.

Squirtle
Suicune
Mudkip
Spheal
Piplup

Yes, I love the water-type, hence my pro-water bias.

And in regards to LGPE, Meltan and Melmetal were not in the original game (BRYG), but were introduced in LGPE.

Excadrill
empoleon
zoroark
lycanroc
and this is just a wish, zeraora.

Just ones I find fun to use or just nice in general, but which haven't been shown yet. It's very hard to pick, though. Some like Carbink, Klefki, Shellos/Gastrodon, Skrelp/Dragalge and many more are among my favorites, as well (special mention to the Florges-line; coolest fairy around). But if I had to choose:
  • Tynamo/Eelektrik/Eelektross
  • Druddigon
  • Larvesta/Volcarona
  • Crabrawler/Crabominable
  • Oranguru (should definitely be in!)
Some may be oddballs, but I like some oddballs. It's just really sad that we even have to consider picking favourites and hope that they're in... I'm glad that Pokémon the likes of Toxapex, Goomy and some others have been revealed as of yet.

EDIT: A sixth option would be Binacle/Barbaracle, obviously.

1. Gible
  2. Shroomish
  3. Drilbur
  4. Zubat
  5. Starly (or Fletchling)
Not sure if we'll get Zubat (since it's already been in every game so far) or Gible (because I don't think they'll include every pseudo) but I have hope for the other three.

Honestly, now that Pokémon are limited in these games, I hope Pokémon which we see in almost every game are kept out, like Zubat, Magikarp... but knowing Kanto favouritism...

Honestly, now that Pokémon are limited in these games, I hope Pokémon which we see in almost every game are kept out, like Zubat, Magikarp... but knowing Kanto favouritism...
Kanto-favoritism seems to be lacking this time around, which is a good thing.

I just hope running across the same old zubat/caterpie/ratatta isn’t a thing in these games.
I'm fine with them if they're 1 out of a large potential encounters.

Anyway, I hope the dex has at least 600 entries, to be fair.

If it helps any... woobat has been spotted and therefor might take zubat's place in these games. >.> Much to my displeasure because if I had to pick an annoying bat, I'd choose zubat any day. Major hate for the winged cottonball.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom