• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If you could re-introduce two things that were from previous games, what are they?

Re: If you could re-introduce two things that were from previous games, what are they

Visit to a previous region I would like to visit Johto and Kanto in future generations post games. Or Hoenn in the next XY game.

Challange mode, but in the begging of the game this time.

Re: If you could re-introduce two things that were from previous games, what are they

VS Seeker: While I'm glad that the Trainer Match Call function in ORAS (or whatever that is) did substitute it to a degree, nothing can replace the VS Seeker. It made grinding and gaining fast cash easy, especially if you could get several Trainers with one use (I abused that poor thing back in Platinum, but it was so worth the extra running around). That made it very worthwhile.

World Tournament: That was a really fun feature. I rather liked challenging past Gym Leaders/Champions in that little gimmick. Plus it was a very easy way of racking up BP early on without need to wait for a post-game area like the Battle Frontier or Battle Maison. Heck, even the consolation prizes, shards, made it still worthwhile.

Challenge Mode should be standard for the series at this point, to be honest.

I'd also like to see trainer customization continue to be a thing... only with more variety this time. Like Battle Revolution, XYs system was a bit underwhelming.

Challenge Mode: Made BW2 the most fun I've had going through a story. Should be available for all games from the beginning in the future.

Join Ave: Having your own personal customizable bazaar is pretty cool. Should be even easier to implement thanks to the better wifi abilities we have now.

Join Ave: Having your own personal customizable bazaar is pretty cool. Should be even easier to implement thanks to the better wifi abilities we have now.
Actually, yes, that was cool too. It was sorta like playing SimCity/SimTower in a Pokémon game!

Pokeathlon. Best sidequest introduced to date, had an amazing amount of depth, and its sense of reward when finding the winning mix for pokemon honestly is superior to the feels you get when winning the league. I need more damn it.
Maybe we should have EV Training incorporated into Pokathlon for the Shinnoh remakes! Y'know, like if you place third or higher in a certain match then you'll have 4~12 EVs added to the corresponding stats.

I would definitely bring back customization. As much as I ADORE ORAS, I was sad when they cut out customization. I really liked that I could change my character's appearance and give her clothes that I liked, as I think the female characters' designs are getting weird (What's the deal with ridiculously short shorts?! I hate those! Why?!).

I also really liked the Underground feature, where you could look for rare items whenever you wanted.

There are just so many to choose from. It wouldn't do it justice to only pick two.

But I guess I'd say some of the fan favorites such as re-matching. This applies to basic trainers, Gym Leaders and Rivals. And none of that unnecessarily convoluted crap like: the rematch can only happen on a certain day, at a certain time, in a specific place after completing "_______," or XY's pathetic watered-down version.

Also, a Battle Frontier with as much depth as Emerald's. That would null every complaint about lack of post game content. So far, the previous games have been lacking in that regard. It's as if GameFreak is scared to be successful again, since they don't repeat their more praised features.

Only two? Game Freak is very bad about taking stuff out that I like, so this is quite the brutal decision. If I had to, though...

1. Probably the PWT. I like the callbacks to previous regions, and I generally find it more consistent and fun then the Battle Frontier. I would be open to the Battle Frontier as well, however.

2. Customization. As trite as it was, it was a nice little touch that I miss going into ORAS. I imagine they'll re-implement it in Z/Gen VII, but we're dealing with Game Freak here.

VS seeker, and having character customization in all of the future games. I'm sorry Game Freak but you guys don't do very well with designing one vanilla protagonist appearance for each gender. Some are pretty decent but in most cases their counterpart is godawful. I have terrible fashion sense and yet I can still make a better dressed protagonist than you even with Kalos' quite limited options.

Customization. Keep it, for God's sake! It was so nice to not look like every player on the planet. Oh, and Game Freak, if this happens, give some better options for girls other than boring dresses, bland t-shirts, and skirts, otherwise I'm playing as the male character again. Give us female Pyroar t-shirts, an awesome Pokemon hat, anything! Just not dresses. Not all girls like that. Do that, and I'll be one happy camper. =)

As much as I love walking Pokemon and would love for it to come back, I would imagine it would be difficult to impliment with so many available. Still, I can dream and would love to see it back one day. Hey, they could also make it optional if you don't want a Pokemon to follow you, but who would not want that? =D

Walking Pokemon and character customization.

That's it. Go home. ​[drops mic]

I think this is basically unanimous, but I wholly agree- customization (including a wider range of skin tones etc in the future) and walking pokemon. Pokemon-amie is supposed to fill the walking niche, but it can be done better! Imagine if you could choose your walking pokemon (like you can choose who's up in amie), and then when you turned to talk to the pokemon, amie opened (optionally?)! You could have your walking pokemon be whoever you wanted, not just your first slot! I want my murkrow on my shoulder, but that doesn't mean I always want him out first in battle. Think about it, game freak.

Secret Bases and Character Customization.

- Character Customization: The "well, fashion is associated with France" excuse of making it exclusive to Kalos is complete bull. Why? Because the fashion industry is world-wide in real life and not exclusive to France. And like what was brought up earlier, I'm also sick and tired of my PC looking like every other PC on the damn planet.

- Secret Bases: It's like camping in the wilderness with your own little hideout. And I like camping.

Customization. Keep it, for God's sake! It was so nice to not look like every player on the planet. Oh, and Game Freak, if this happens, give some better options for girls other than boring dresses, bland t-shirts, and skirts, otherwise I'm playing as the male character again. Give us female Pyroar t-shirts, an awesome Pokemon hat, anything! Just not dresses. Not all girls like that. Do that, and I'll be one happy camper. =)

As much as I love walking Pokemon and would love for it to come back, I would imagine it would be difficult to impliment with so many available. Still, I can dream and would love to see it back one day. Hey, they could also make it optional if you don't want a Pokemon to follow you, but who would not want that? =D

I find the first part of this odd as the male character has less clothing items. Granted, dresses, but that tab doesn't account for much. What's really telling is the designs/sound effects when one is finished changing. The female character has several possible results for several themes. The guys have three-one for the specific default outfit, one for wearing the bamboo sprig hat, and one for EVERYTHING ELSE-because there wasn't any variety beyond "have more colors of this generic clothing." What really got to me about the guys clothes was that the only way you saw what socks you had on were to wear "Short Cargo Pants" which were a lame excuse for shorts. The end result was socks basically being a complete waste of money. Those came in like two or three colors, one of which was purple, everything else was pants which was either jeans, chinos, or slacks.

Also have to question the decision to not let people go without socks and have sandals/flip flops what with how beachy Cyllage clothes tried to be (and failed because guys usually aren't wearing pants in the summer).

Also we haven't gotten to name our rival since the Unova sequels. This bothers me greatly.

Character customisation and the gym leader cafe.

Because I wanna re-battle strong trainers, and I wanna dress in a pink frilly dress and knee-high socks whilst doing so ^_^

(What's the deal with ridiculously short shorts?! I hate those! Why?!).

Fan service sells.

Walking Pokemon you can talk with and that battle searcher device so you can rebattle most Trainers.

PWT was great, especially battling old gym leaders and champions, so I'd reintroduce that but with updated teams, like give all the gym leaders a pokemon that can mega evolve
And from HgSs I loved walking pokemon and Pokeathlon, but if I had to choose between the two, than Pokeathlon

I would add all this list:

Character customisation
weather! (rain, snow, sun, cloudy depending the day!)
day/night pokemon
poke nav

Following Pokemon and customization

^THIS

Cause both of these make your Pokémon journey seem more 'real', as you can make the character look like yourself and your Pokémon is actually with you. Customization also makes online battling a lot more fun, as everyone looks different and it feels more like you're battling real people.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom