• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If you could re-introduce two things that were from previous games, what are they?

Re: If you could re-introduce two things that were from previous games, what are they

This is hard for me since its only two features so I think I'd have to pick

1. Pokemon following you - such a great yet simple feature which should have no reason not to be included in every game.

2. Pokemon World Tournament - As much as I love customization I think this is more important to me. It seriously added so much extra play time for me and it was a great challenge. I have mentioned before though in another thread that I would like the PWT to become a top 16 tournament that is the final battle and once you win that you can face the Elite Four/Champ post game.

Re: If you could re-introduce two things that were from previous games, what are they

Definitely following pokemon and trainer customization, though if I had to make a choice between following pokes and keeping secret bases, I'd choose the latter.

Character customization and secret bases! ORAS could have really been amazing if it had character customization because now online battles are really boring.

Character customization. I can see why they didn't include it for ORAS, but if they don't keep it in future main series games I'm going to march across the ocean to Japan straight to the Pokemon Headquarters and demand that they add it back in.

I would like following Pokemon, but I think it would be too much of a strain on the 3DS hardware to have a Pokemon following you, (especially the bigger ones) with all the other 3D models and sprites on the screen. But who knows, I could be wrong.

I'd like more sequels. GSC and BW2 continued the storyline of RBY and BW respectively and it made for much more immersive games.

There are many things I want returned in the series. One of them is gym leader rematches - I really like how both HG/SS and BW2 handled this. Plus I like seeing how their teams have grown (i.e. which Pokemon were added). The other is seasons. Seeing the land change is a nice and very welcomed sight. There are complaints that a season is too long (each a month), and I can understand that. I wouldn't mind GF shortening the seasons to maybe 2 weeks, but I also wouldn't mind if they kept each a month. Imo these two should come back and stay.

I was disappointed that gym leader rematches weren't available in ORAS. They should make that standard in every game. And I loved it in hg/ss when your Pokémon followed you. That should make a return, but have it be optional.

Pokémon Walking and Vs Seeker!

I miss the Vs Seeker sooo much!! but id want it to include rematches with the gym leaders

Pokémon Walking with the option of deciding if u want them to follow you and allowing you choose the pokemon in the party that's following instead of it being just the 1st one

First off; PC storage. God I hate it if my inventory overflows with stuff I probably never use but the hoarder I am, I can't throw it away or sell it (if possible).
Second: Revisiting old regions though since every new region in the games is pretty much islandish, it proofs to be a bit difficult to implement. Oh, and of course the restricted space on a Cardridge though I believe, if there are like 64 gigs SD-cards, there surely could be enough space on a cartridge to fit in more than just one region.

Following pokemon (a thing only in HG/SS) and costumization (appeared in X/Y, gone right in the next game).

Pokémon following you and Battle Frontier. :)

Battle Frontier and evolutions of previous gen pokemon.

Apricorn Balls, actually. It occurred to me while catching pokémon on Alpha Sapphire lately that after a certain point, only Ultra Balls really cut the mustard, unless it's either night-time or you happen to be after a Water-type. It would be nice to have some variety back. I miss Heavy Balls and Fast Balls especially

I feel like the Battle Frontier, is the biggest thing to me. I really feel like the Battle Maison is just a total chore to gain BP with. I actually dread needing a move tutored or a BP item being crucial to my strategy, because it's just the standard "fight this guy, now fight this guy, now fight this girl, look you've fought 20 people let's have you fight a boss, now fight this guy..." over and over and over again. The frontier however had things to mix it up, Your Pokemon fight by themselves, you use rental Pokemon, Semi-random effects happen for each of the battles, strategically plan how to spend points to maximise you battle efficiency. Bringing it back would make getting BP fun again. And I know some people are going to bring up "But the Maison gives you BP after every battle, and but the Maison let's you quit partway and not lose progress". But it wouldn't be that hard to make the frontier work like that too.

The second thing I'm kinda torn about; it's either following Pokemon, or customisation. I feel like customisation is a bigger thing for me though. It let your game be more personal, and let online battles feel like your battling unique people, rather than whether you're battling a boy or a girl.

Following Pokémon.

Past PC's as NPC's. I need Kris and Leaf getting some respect. Kris getting replaced by Lyra, Leaf getting scrapped from the original Red and Green... Shameful. Both girls need way more love.

Include all the past PC's into a PWT.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom