• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Obsolete: If you could revive one finished/cancelled TV show for one last season...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Arnold. I would have loved to see how The Jungle Movie would've turned out - it would have given the series a proper ending. Practically none of Nickelodeon's cartoons have proper endings - As Told by Ginger and Avatar: The Last Airbender are the only ones I can think of that did. (I do hope that when the time finally comes for SpongeBob to end that it gets a proper ending.)

...what would you pick and why?

I'd really love another season of Frasier, following the titular character in his new life and catching up with his Seattle family. I love the show so much, and I have great faith that an extra season wouldn't dilute how much I love it. I think another season would be like catching up with the gang for me.
I've just finished my nth re-run of the entire series, and my god do I still want a little follow up on Fraiser. Oh man.

Invader ZIM, Samurai Jack, Courage the Cowardly Dog, and TOWER PREP. *A single tear rolls down my cheek....

Flashpoint, Spectacular Spider-man or Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

TEEN TITANS.
I'm not a fan of the new one. Teen Titans ended after Terra mysteriously came back.

Stargate Atlantis. It could have had a sixth season, and the movie never got made.
Oh dear Primus, THIS. There was so much they could do with the show and we got nothing, not even the promised movie. I would love to have an actual ending to this show, some closure and ignore the "ending" we were handed. But no, it isn't to be, it would seem.

Oh and add Stargate Universe to the list. That ending was just awful. :disgust:

Young Justice: The Light arc needs a good conclusion, also Darksied.
Teen Titans: Not that much of a fan of Go!, plus it has its own loose ends that the Move didn't tie up
Madoka Magica: Even though i didn't watch it and don;t know if it is actually cancelled, I know that Rebellion brought some loose ends I also want to see tied up

Young Justice might be the priority

I think Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes would get my vote. That series has to easily be the greatest piece of Marvel animation I've seen.

Ideally, I'd also like Futurama and The Simpsons to trade places.

Madoka Magica: Even though i didn't watch it and don;t know if it is actually cancelled, I know that Rebellion brought some loose ends I also want to see tied up
Personally, I thought everything was so perfectly tied up by the TV series that Rebellion was unnecessary. It is worth noting though that Gen Urobuchi's original ending was vetoed by Akiyuki Shinbo for the sole purpose of the movie having an ending that they could build sequels on, so I'd say that the chances of a follow-up are pretty likely.

Anime is included right?

Hikaru no Go. I will make Sai get chance to back alive and becoming a human, 10-20 years older than Hikaru and Akira. He lost his memory as Sai but remember he loves Go and he will battle again with the ex-meijin in near future...

I'd say Cowboy Bebop (being not only my favorite anime ever but my favorite show ever period) but the ending was so well done adding on another season would just ruin that. Even if I would like to see Faye and Jet continue their adventures (what a mismatched pair that is... and I don't say Spike because Spike is definitely dead)

But since I won't be going with that... I'll probably go with the Justice League cartoon from my childhood. It was so good, and it did have a nice run but another season would have been cool (although not sure how you top Darkseid)

I think Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes would get my vote. That series has to easily be the greatest piece of Marvel animation I've seen.
I had almost forgotten about this show but yes, bring it back PLEASE. I've been watching Avengers Assemble on Disney XD and while it's quite good, it lacks.... something that EMH had. EMH was the closest thing I had to a freaking soap opera; I had to tune in and see what was going on with every episode. I'd love it if that show was revived for one last go-round.

Teen Titans and Young Justice, I don't think I'll die in peace without their conclusions.

Almost Human It was well written in my opinion and it was in the top 50 for ratings, and you could do so much with John Kennex and Dorian's interaction.

I watched it a lot when I was a kid, so I've always wanted more Relic hunter episodes. I mean, the main actress is still alive :p

The show could even be updated with new technology. Story arcs are optional, it's for kids anyway.

Probably Tower Prep. It was another show that was canceled/didn't get a second season because the cartoon network executives noticed more girls were watching it compared to guys >.>
Stupid reason to cancel a show, it had a nice plot in my opinion and all.
Oh, and one last thing of Drake and Josh, maybe with them being in college? I mean, they really didn't give the series an ending either.

Probably Tower Prep. It was another show that was canceled/didn't get a second season because the cartoon network executives noticed more girls were watching it compared to guys >.>
Stupid reason to cancel a show, it had a nice plot in my opinion and all.
But Cartoon Network hated uteri in general at that point so it didn't really matter. I can't help but think that this was one of the reasons CN killed Transformers: Animated; the human go-between in that show was a girl and that got a lot of girls watching the show. This was mentioned at BotCon 2008 and we Transfans loved it. CN on the other hand did not.

I'd love another season of Seven Days, if only to see Frank and Olga hook up at last.

I'd like for Samurai Jack to be revived, It would just be a dream come true. But, it wouldn't be the same without Mako. Prehaps Teen Titans too.

I'm very much Inclined to agree with you about Cowboy Bebop.

I think I'll agree about Teen Titans and Young Justice. Even if technically those shows can't really have a proper conclusion I still think they should've gotten a season that allowed it to rest in peace better. Though arguebly I guess you can kind of see the last teen titans episode as a bittersweet ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom