• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If you had to come up with an evolution subplot for Goh's Grookey, what would it be?

PaperSplash

Pika, Pikachu! Kachu!
Reaction score
I know many of us are dreading the very idea of it happening, but let's say it was a given. What would be the best case scenario in that case? Here's what I came up with:

Grookey evolves into Thwackey and causes even more mischief. Because it's not as young or cute anymore, people around it don't tolerate it as much and start to call Goh out for it. Goh doesn't see understand what's wrong at first, but after getting advice from Ash and Chloe, he decides to start disciplining it whenever it gets into trouble. However, because of Goh spoiling it too much as a Grookey, this leads to conflict between him and Thwackey. Eventually, Goh finds an old shed in Cerise Park that Thwackey immediately takes a liking to; it allows Thwackey to play with its drumsticks without disrupting the public. (Hopefully) much later, it builds a drum out of wood it found in the shed, and during a battle in that episode, it evolves into Rillaboom.

"Grookey does anything." You fools. /j If you mean "does anything", then let your imagination run wild.

It's a side mission where Grookey goes to some bar to find a wise sage. At the bar, Mewtwo, played by Abbe Lane, sings "Fish and Chips". This song has no bearing on the plot.

Grookey encounters a wise sage. He's a Machamp or something, idk. He's played by Lin Manuel Miranda or some other celebrity in the English Dub.

Cue "Eye of the Tiger" training montage, during which Grookey goes through all of the stages of evolution.

This takes up the whole episode. And a whole lot of money.

I'm gonna be the only one to take this thread seriously...

Raboot was teenage defiance and Drizzile was teenage depression, so Thwackey could be about trying out different things and have different experiences to find your place in the world, trying different roles and jobs in Cerise Park. Also it could be about Teenage independence, since it's the Pokemon that has clinged the most to Go it could want to do more things on its own.

I'm gonna be the only one to take this thread seriously...

Raboot was teenage defiance and Drizzile was teenage depression, so Thwackey could be about trying out different things and have different experiences to find your place in the world, trying different roles and jobs in Cerise Park. Also it could be about Teenage independence, since it's the Pokemon that has clinged the most to Go it could want to do more things on its own.
Nah, they'll bring it up for an episode and then forget about it.

Thwackey could be about trying out different things and have different experiences to find your place in the world, trying different roles and jobs in Cerise Park.
This subplot will probably won’t happen due to the one reason that they won’t focus more than one episode on it pre or post evolution.

My prediction is, Go in a dream is back in the Rillaboom family and is quarrelling with his new sibling that's now a Thwackey, to his surprise. When he wakes up, Grookey has disappeared. They spent the entire episode looking for it and in the end, they find a Thwackey in a random cave in the research dome.

This subplot will probably won’t happen due to the one reason that they won’t focus more than one episode on it pre or post evolution.

My prediction is, Go in a dream is back in the Rillaboom family and is quarrelling with his new sibling that's now a Thwackey, to his surprise. When he wakes up, Grookey has disappeared. They spent the entire episode looking for it and in the end, they find a Thwackey in a random cave in the research dome.
This is the most realistic prediction. Unfortunately.

Go catches a Toxel and they form a band, it evolves into Thwacky and they break up, then get back together as Rillaboom and Toxtricity

This only takes three episodes, but between each of them is 40+ episodes of neither of them interacting in any way, shape, or form

Go catches a Toxel and they form a band, it evolves into Thwacky and they break up, then get back together as Rillaboom and Toxtricity

This only takes three episodes, but between each of them is 40+ episodes of neither of them interacting in any way, shape, or form
Speaking of Toxel, I am flabbergasted that the writers haven't cashed in Toxtricity's popularity

There was an opportunity but they completely threw it in the garbage bin

They could've given Toxel to Chloe, a baby Pokemon that she could've raised and eventually given it some sort of development that could've led to it's evolution.

But instead she gets an Eevee, a Pokemon that has already been owned by at least 3 other female companies and has had its fare of spotlight since it's debut in gen 1.

That's my problem with Pokemon Journeys. I didn't mind the 'all regions' aspect to it, if they tried to at least give Galar some priority since it's a new region with new pokemon. But instead they keep giving focus to Pokemon that we've already seen before.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom