• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

If you had to give Goh a team of 6, what would it be?

Rainbow-Rain

LEADER OF THE INTELEON DEFENSE SQUAD
Reaction score
Cinderace
Inteleon
Grookey
Flygon
Scizor
Raichu (Was about to put Dewgong here but my bias towards Raichu and my hatred of type overlap overrided my choices)

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
In all fairness, Have any of Goh's Pokemon actually done enough to warrant being in a team apart from Cinderace?
They haven’t. If we forget the fact that Cinderace is his starter, I think it could be removed as well.

Kurolegacy

Reaction score
They haven’t. If we forget the fact that Cinderace is his starter, I think it could be removed as well.
At this point I think the writers have already forgotten the fact that Cinderace is his starter given how little it appears to do things.

Silktree

Not Dead
Reaction score
Goh has a ton of Pokemon for his goal of Catching Them all, but if he were to have a main team of 6, what would it be?

Here‘s my team

Cinderace-Gmax Cinderace
Inteleon
Scizor
Beedrill
Flygon
Raichu
Replace Beedrill with Aerodactyl. It got a nice debut that should have been built upon.

Nicolas721

Reaction score
If I wrote the series:
  • Cinderace-Starter
  • Golurk-Powerhouse
  • Scizor-More agile powerhouse, shows his affinity for Bug types.
  • Turtwig-Something cute to carry around, could evolve to Grotle near the end.
  • Smeargle-With moves fitted for catching like False Swipe, Block, etc.
  • Toxtricity-Could promote eggs as well as Gen 8.
Only with Pokemon he already has:
  • Cinderace-Starter
  • Golurk-Powerhouse
  • Scizor-More agile powerhouse, shows his affinity for Bug types.
  • Arctozolt-Unusual Gen 8 promotion
  • Alcremie-Gen 8 promotion, could attract Pokemon with its fragance.
  • Absol-Contrasts well with the rest of the team.
  • Suicune-Useful transportation.

ilteren

Reaction score
Scorbunny -> Raboot -> Cinderace
Sobble -> Drizzle -> Inteleon
Grookey -> Thwackey -> Rillaboom
Corvisquire -> Corviknight
Faliks
Egg -> Toxel -> Toxtricity (Amped Form)

R1ke

D U C K
Reaction score
Hm I guess
  • Cinderace
  • Inteleon
  • Grookey
  • Scizor
  • Flygon
  • Arctozolt

Cinderace, Inteleon and Grookey are his starters so they've gotta stay. Scizor suits him well and is a recurrent member nowadays. Flygon is his flier and serves as a counterpart to Dragonite. Same thing with Arctozolt and Dracovish.

Blob

Reaction score
Cinerace
Inteleon
Grookey
Scizor
Farfetch'd
Raichu

I know I could have gone for Flygon, but I want the Farfetch'd - Sirfetch'd rivalry back. I'd still say that their rivalry could still work, especially if Goh gave Farfetch'd a Leek and taught it a Flying move to make it more powerful.
Basically I want Sirfetch'd to appear more and to get on-screen training past its evolution.

Ghost Diplocaulus

Detroit SMAAAASH! Eevee style.
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
My ideal version of Goh's team would be this:
  • Cinderace
  • Flygon
  • Raichu
  • Sirfetch'd
  • Greedent
  • Alcremie
Cinderace is still Goh's main partner. Flygon is the muscle. Raichu because I love her personality and want to see more of her. Sirfetch'd because in my version of Journeys Ash wouldn't catch it (I mean, what's the point if the poor thing is just gonna live in Lucario's shadow?) as well as some Galar rep, plus I still want to keep it around in some capacity. Greedent and Alcremie are also there for the Galar rep, the former because I feel like it's one of Goh's better defined Pokemon and the latter would be the designated cute and marketable shouldermon. Grookey and Sobble would go to Ash and Chloe respectively instead.

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.