• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If you had to give Goh a team of 6, what would it be?

Goh has a ton of Pokemon for his goal of Catching Them all, but if he were to have a main team of 6, what would it be?

Here‘s my team

Cinderace-Gmax Cinderace
Inteleon
Scizor
Beedrill
Flygon
Raichu
Replace Beedrill with Aerodactyl. It got a nice debut that should have been built upon.

If I wrote the series:
  • Cinderace-Starter
  • Golurk-Powerhouse
  • Scizor-More agile powerhouse, shows his affinity for Bug types.
  • Turtwig-Something cute to carry around, could evolve to Grotle near the end.
  • Smeargle-With moves fitted for catching like False Swipe, Block, etc.
  • Toxtricity-Could promote eggs as well as Gen 8.
Only with Pokemon he already has:
  • Cinderace-Starter
  • Golurk-Powerhouse
  • Scizor-More agile powerhouse, shows his affinity for Bug types.
  • Arctozolt-Unusual Gen 8 promotion
  • Alcremie-Gen 8 promotion, could attract Pokemon with its fragance.
  • Absol-Contrasts well with the rest of the team.
  • Suicune-Useful transportation.

Scorbunny -> Raboot -> Cinderace
Sobble -> Drizzle -> Inteleon
Grookey -> Thwackey -> Rillaboom
Corvisquire -> Corviknight
Faliks
Egg -> Toxel -> Toxtricity (Amped Form)

Hm I guess
  • Cinderace
  • Inteleon
  • Grookey
  • Scizor
  • Flygon
  • Arctozolt

Cinderace, Inteleon and Grookey are his starters so they've gotta stay. Scizor suits him well and is a recurrent member nowadays. Flygon is his flier and serves as a counterpart to Dragonite. Same thing with Arctozolt and Dracovish.

Cinerace
Inteleon
Grookey
Scizor
Farfetch'd
Raichu

I know I could have gone for Flygon, but I want the Farfetch'd - Sirfetch'd rivalry back. I'd still say that their rivalry could still work, especially if Goh gave Farfetch'd a Leek and taught it a Flying move to make it more powerful.
Basically I want Sirfetch'd to appear more and to get on-screen training past its evolution.

My ideal version of Goh's team would be this:
  • Cinderace
  • Flygon
  • Raichu
  • Sirfetch'd
  • Greedent
  • Alcremie
Cinderace is still Goh's main partner. Flygon is the muscle. Raichu because I love her personality and want to see more of her. Sirfetch'd because in my version of Journeys Ash wouldn't catch it (I mean, what's the point if the poor thing is just gonna live in Lucario's shadow?) as well as some Galar rep, plus I still want to keep it around in some capacity. Greedent and Alcremie are also there for the Galar rep, the former because I feel like it's one of Goh's better defined Pokemon and the latter would be the designated cute and marketable shouldermon. Grookey and Sobble would go to Ash and Chloe respectively instead.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom