• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If you ran the Pokemon anime...

Well, above anything else, I would make sure that the anime follows mechanics from the games, at least to a level where it makes sense, instead of pulling off random stuff, which maybe confusing and outright questionable at best (Looking at you, Thunder Armor o_O:rolleyes:).

Well, above anything else, I would make sure that the anime follows mechanics from the games, at least to a level where it makes sense, instead of pulling off random stuff, which maybe confusing and outright questionable at best (Looking at you, Thunder Armor o_O:rolleyes:).

300px-Pok%C3%A9monBreak_Poster.png

Thunder Armor was simply before it's time. If it was a decade or so later it would be a rare case of TCG promotion via a mechanic.

But things like that are what make the anime fun!

And for me I would have Ash age and become one of the best trainers in Kalos and have a harem by Kalos.

But things like that are what make the anime fun!
Agreed - it makes you like some Pokemon and some moves more because they look cool e.g. I love Munchlax because of the anime. It gives you a surprise when the anime doesn't follow the games. I like it like that however one thing I don't like is when a Pokemon that is at a 4x disadvantage because of type wins - it not only shows trainer incompetence but a lack of awareness (by the writers') of the type system - it might as well not exist lol.

1. I would keep Ash as the main protagonist, because right now, he's basically so intimately associated with the anime so suddenly changing into another protagonist would mean that it would sort of be another anime to me.
2. I would let Ash develop more, and not suddenly forget everything about battling strategies, type matches or everything between regions. His performances wouldn't be as random as I feel that they are today. I would make sure that there were other beginner trainers around him, but having him suddenly forget things he knew a couple of episodes ago just because he is in a new region is a pretty strange choice from the script writers.
3. I would add more character development in general. Typically when a character develops today, there is one or maybe two key scenes in the anime where they undergo some sort of major change or gets a new insight, and that's it. Examples of character development that could have been handled better include Serena and Paul.
4. I would increase the continuity between regions, having more recurring characters, and fewer characters that are important for one episode and one episode only.
5. I would have longer arcs.
6. Team Rocket wouldn't be in every episode (sometimes it feels like thay are just shoehorned in), but when they occurred they would be more competent and pose a greater threat. They would stop being so obsessed with Pikachu of all pokémon.

If I had the control of the Pokemon anime, I would:

* Make Ash absent in some episodes to make room for other characters' development.

* Rather than have TRio focus on the repetitive goal of getting Pikachu, make their goals instead focused on taking domination over other villainous teams

* Make the show 60% action and 40% humor to make it enjoyable for various audiences

* Find ways to make older characters (i.e Tracey) relevant and interesting in the anime

* Make Wobbuffet actually used

Last edited:
Include mini-series like "The Origins of the Champion" and include background stories for regional champions, and the E4 and the like.
I would love that so much! We don't meet many E4 members and it would be cool to do so and learn about their past. I would also say that we should have episodes to catch up with Ash's previous companions. I'm sure everyone would love that.

If I took over for the rest of sun and Moon. Barry would definitely reappear. If the tournament is new than having a formalized requirement to enter would be difficult. Barry being the impatient guy he is would love to enter a tournament without doing a badge quest. It's too perfect.

Last edited:
1. It'd definietly do an series of side story episodes which would involve 4 trainers whom acidentially do small things that in unexpectable way help Ash with defeating villians i.e destroying their transport, sabotaging their facilities etc.
2. Change certain episodes of the anime so that mentioned above side stories would make sense.
3. Some of the characters (not just Ash)
would be absent in certain episodes.
4. Less fillers- and those normal fillers would be more unique- like some fillers from SM but even more.
5. Using more game characters than the anime uses as of today.
6. There'd certainly be an episode about a pokemon hunter who uses money gained from selling Pokemon for GOOD purposes (which would drive Ash insane).
7. More room for reccuring characters and their development(I didnt watch every single episode but i mean guys like Ritchie, Casey etc.).
8. Movies would have way more connections with the main series and TRio in the movies would have a bigger role.
9. I'd rewrite N's characters completely- not neceseralilly like he was in the games but somewhere close. He'd definietly meet trainers mentioned in my point 1.
10. More connections beetwen the regions and things happening within them.
11. Villians would be developed and humanized (not all of them through).
12. Pokemon would have bigger role, more decelopment and their adventures without humans- I've got Arceus movie, OS17 and some other episodes in mind.

Last edited:
  • More continuity nods. Moments like Ash fishing with the Misty Lure in DP and him and Brock mentioning Misty to Dawn is a good example.
  • Gym leaders have a bigger role in the main plot.
  • Rival has a bigger role.
  • More backstory for Gym leaders and Rivals. Paul really needed more backstory in my opinion.
  • Episodes that focus on characters other than Ash, his friends and the TRio.
  • Bring back Ash's snark, even if a little.
  • Female companion has a goal that impacts the main plot.
  • Deeper plotlines.
  • Perfect balance of action, story and comedy.
  • Only have Ash lose to Trainers his level or above.
  • Finally explain what a Pokemon Master is.
  • More Pokeball variations.
  • More meaningful dialogue.
  • More memorable English Dub Themes.
  • The best battles possible! The final battles at the end of each saga will always be epic!

I know I have said I would keep Ash around, but at this point, I have changed my mind about him. I don't want to do the Endless Journey for my Fanfic series anymore. Ash just is stale for me. There's also the fact that age will be an issue,

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom