1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If your account is currently registered using an @aol.com, @comcast.net or @verizon.net email address, you should change this to another email address. These providers have been rejecting all emails from @bulbagarden.net email addresses, preventing user registrations, and thread/conversation notifications. If you have been impacted by this issue and are currently having trouble logging into your account, please contact us via the link at the bottom right hand of the forum home, and we'll try to sort things out for you as soon as possible.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want to talk to fellow Pokémon fans in real time? Join the discussions on our public Discord server!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hello, everyone. We've made a few edits to the rules effective immediately, so please re-read the rules thread. Thanks in advance.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey everyone, a new segment called Bulbacast Behind the Scenes just started. Watch the first episode here.
    Dismiss Notice

If you were a Gym Leader...

Discussion in 'Pokémon Video Games' started by Incinerawr, Apr 5, 2018.

Voter count: 30
?

What's your specialty?

1. Normal

2. Fire

3. Water

4. Electric

5. Grass

6. Ice

7. Fighting

8. Poison

9. Ground

10. Flying

11. Psychic

12. Bug

13. Rock

14. Ghost

15. Dragon

16. Dark

17. Steel

18. Fairy

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Incinerawr

Incinerawr Good kitty~

Blog Posts:
    Silly Vaan. Sky pirates are for Final Fantasy!

2. pokemoll

pokemoll そんじゃ あばよ!

Blog Posts:
    a grass-type gym! unsure what region it'd be situated in, but the idea of a gym hidden deep in a forest as opposed to being in a city/town would be ideal - all worn-out and rustic looking, probably covered in ivy. probably appearing quite early in the game (grass isn't versatile enough as a type to appear too late imo) so maybe the third/fourth gym or so. since the gym's so early i probably wouldn't have too much a role, maybe helping them through the forest to get to the gym in the first place or something similar. as for my team... a lurantis, a leafeon, and an ivysaur, with leafeon being the ace.

TechSkylander1518 likes this.
  3. Leighton

Leighton the Outcast

Blog Posts:
    That’s actually a dope idea tbh.

4. Leighton

Leighton the Outcast

Blog Posts:
    I have always been partial to owning a Dark Gym, probably because it’s my favorite type. It’s, as mentioned beforehand, never been done before and thus has a ton of potential. I think, however, that I personally cannot find an outstandingly original idea for one. The obvious choice would be a haunted house / delapitated manor but that screams “Ghost Gym” to me. I’ve never come up with an idea that would really make it a creative masterpiece. Umbreon would 100% be on the team, however.

I think that a Grass Gym would be an amazing fit for me, however. I’m a HUGE environmentalist and the idea of preserving rare and endangered species would be an awesome concept that I would love to incorporate into my gym. Some variation of botanical gardens would be a lovely setting. Amazon, as a company, is nearing the completion of their newest project; huge glass spheres filled with endangered plant species. It’s located in my home city of Seattle and I’m so excited to tour it upon completion. That would be the concept I’d use for my gym.

Challengers would have to progress through different spheres that contain different environments. Plants grow everywhere, so there would be different types of ecosystems in each dome. One would house a forest, another a desert, another a canyon, a rainforest, and so forth. Inside each dome would be trainers that would have to be challenged and defeated before moving on. The domes would also double as a refuge for endangered Pokémon species that are protected so that they can reproduce. It would be a conservation effort as well as a Gym.

I would be located at the final and largest dome, of course, and would have a variety of grass pokémon that could be interchanged depending on the challenger’s level. If I had to pick six, however, I would probably choose:

1. Sceptile / Venusaur (Mega)
    2. Leafeon
    3. Treveant
    4. Ludicolo
    5. Torterra
    6. Breloom

#24 Leighton, Apr 11, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2018 at 6:52 PM
    TechSkylander1518 and Glass Joe like this.
  5. Guzma

Guzma Destruction in human form

Blog Posts:
    I'd obviously go with a Bug-type gym, which surprises no one. The gym theme would probably be a giant glass dome/insectarium that has robotic "butterflies" flying around and "spider threads" that are actually bungee cords. You grab onto a bungee cord from below and get tugged up to the next floor; sometimes you end up right in front of a trainer who will battle you.

My team would, of course, be Golisopod, Scizor, Volcarona, Galvantula, Scolipede and Yanmega.

EggPawn and TechSkylander1518 like this.
  6. EggPawn

EggPawn Member

Blog Posts:
    I'd definitely go with a Ghost gym, as many of my favourite Pokémon share this type and it's the most common to show up in my teams.

My gym could be set up inside the catacombs of an old town. The hallways and chambers would be pitch black with only the light of a helpful Litwick guiding your way. Channelers and Hex Maniacs would emerge creepily from the darkness in front of you, sending out the likes of Yamask, Cofagrigus and the Gastly line. As you progress, you would descend further and further below the surface and the music/sound design would become more ominous.

Perhaps you wouldn't even know it was the gym at first. There could be rumours heard throughout the town that people have been getting lost underground, possibly eaten by the monstrous "EggPawn" or whatever name I'd use. Once finding and battling me, you'd learn that the whole creepy populace was in on it all along!

It would likely be the 7th gym, as I'd want it to be challenging but not necessarily the final bout. My roster would consist of:

Alolan Marowak
    Gourgeist
    Mismagius
    Decidueye
    Froslass
    Chandelure

Dieter and TechSkylander1518 like this.
  7. dashing_stunning

dashing_stunning New Member

Blog Posts:
    I have always wanted to be a Psychic type gym leader, even though there is a lot of types I also like.
    My gym would be in a desert and it would look a bit surreal, like a mirage. On the outside, it would look like a colorful sultan's palace. Or maybe a palace with arabian and indian influences, but obviously, colorful, trippy and mysterious. Inside it will be a labirynth of staircases but not dark - bright white, silver, gold. The endless stairs would lead to the room where I would wait, trainers there would be dressed in white clothes and would be called my "pages" (even if they weren't). I would be dressed in some pretty quirky clothes myself. I would unleash these Pokemon on my opponent: Mega Medicham (my ace and the creature my palace was inspired from), Metagross, Gardevoir, Mr. Mime, Malamar, Oranguru.
    Personality-wise, I don't think I'd be a very friendly gym leader. I'd try to fight the villainous team on my own terms, without the help of MC (and I'd fail because that's how story goes usually).

After being defeated, I guess I'd be the only jerk in Pokemon universe not to bestow a TM upon a player. i'd just offer some words of wisdom in a form of "You'll start losing the day you think you won" and that will surely make a player uncomfortable.

TechSkylander1518 and Pilup99 like this.