• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

If you were a Gym Leader...

What's your specialty?

• Normal

• Fire

• Water

• Electric

• Grass

• Ice

• Fighting

• Poison

• Ground

• Flying

• Psychic

• Bug

• Rock

• Ghost

• Dragon

• Dark

• Steel

• Fairy

Results are only viewable after voting.
Pokemon Researcher
Reaction score
Even though I like the Electric and Ice types more, I think I would fit a Flying Gym more aesthetically, because I love the idea of flying and souring free.

My gym would be outdoors, where the challenger must face trainers along the way in small clearings in the middle of a dense forest. The final trainer gives them a ride up to the top of a tabletop mountain, where I will be waiting. The tabletop mountain stands high above the thick forest, living the skies wide and open for an intense battle.

I would have some combination of Talonflame, Vivillon, Pidgeot, Braviary, Honchkrow, and my ace being a Noivern.

Reaction score
I would use pokemon that could make a combo of using spikes, spider web, toxic spikes and use the move Sky Drop to make the oponent get one more time speed reduced and damaged by spikes or poisoned if they healed.

Tanaka the Forbidden One
Reaction score
Another one, but for a fighting type.

He would be around the 3rd gym, and relevancy is that you find out he was an admin for the ET.

His gym would be based on Boxing and Professional Wrestling, with pokemon such as Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Riolu

The first 3 battles are single battles, then you enter a ring, facing 2 more people in a double battle before battling the gym leader

Trainer 1:
Hitmonchan - 21

Trainer 2:
Hitmonlee - 21

Trainer 3:
Hitmontop - 21

Trainers 4/5:

Pignite - 23
Riolu - 23

Monferno - 23
Meinfou - 23

The gym leader has full IVs in attack, and will use an X Attack at the start

Gym Leader - Kingston

Lucario - 26
Machamp - 28
Hawlucha - 31 (Main Pokemon)

He will make sure you can use traded mons up to 40 and gives you Dynamic Punch

Next time you encounter him is after the 5th gym, talking to some grunts, then walking off before they battle you.

The next encounter is before the 8th gym, and you battle him before challenging the boss

His Team is

Lucario (M) - 67
Machamp - 68
Poliwrath - 68
Meinshau - 68
Snorlax 71
Hawlucha - 75

Once defeated he walks off

The final encounter story-wise is before you fight the legendary, you are challenged by the Boss and another admin before he appears and teams up with you.

Post game his team is the same as his admin team but different moves and levels

Reaction score
use Whiscash in a water gym again and make it have Fake Out in the games.
("Cat" fish motive)