• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If You Were a Pokemon...

Cinnabar

東京喰種
Retired Staff
Reaction score
...what kind would you best like to be?

Suppose you were actually a pokemon and could be any of them up to your choice, which one would you choose? You and your trainer are going to set out on a grand journey to become masters and between the both of you, form an unbreakable bond with each other. What kind of person would you like your trainer to be, would they be someone automatically familiar with your type, or would they need to work with you to learn more to become accustomed to your level of power?

I thought this idea would be a nice addition to post, it's fun after all to describe yourself in a different character, just have fun with it!

What Pokemon: Hmmm... Tough choice. Deino (as long as I don't evolve), Wynaut/Wobuffet, and Milotic are off the top of my head.
What kind of trainer: Although I wouldn't be fond of battling if I were a Pokemon and wouldn't want a trainer, anyone who isn't extremely competitive would be fine.

9cfaa9d6996fa84a.png
More seriously... I think reincarnating as Gastly would be an afterlife I'd be perfectly happy with.
Being able to spend an eternity playing pranks on other people an Pokemon, having access to the whatever-place-it-is-that-dead-go-in-the-Pokemon-World and thus knowing that none of my friends will ever truly die as far as I am concerned, and mot importantly, being able to turn invisible and incorporeal, as well as fly and levitate? It'd be simplt great!

As for trainer... I don't know. Problem here is... they die and can't train anymore.
That said, if I were to have a trainer, it would have to be someone who travels much around. They'd need to be kind and understanding... and of course, brave enough to have a ghost around at all times.

I'd want to reincarnate as a Gengar. Why? Because you can hide in shadows for whenever you don't feel like making contact. That's one helluva useful ability to have for someone who needs to find some alone time at times. Plus, it probably is a very useful battle move in the form of Shadow Sneak so

Either Munchlax for being my favorite and I love food, or Ditto for being able to turn into anything (i'm really indesicive)
What Trainer: a Chef, or a Cook (cause then i get free food)

Some pokemon i wouldn't want to be: Bewear, cause everyone would be afraid of me. Deino, because they cause bodily harm to themselves by accident, Primeape because they can get so angry that they can die, and just imagine what would happen if my pencil breaks.

Last edited:
A Ditto so I can transform into any Pokémon I need or want. Really though as long as I'm not one of those Pokémon with an impractical body, I'll be fine.

As long as my trainer isn't an abusive jerk like the GS rival or Paul.

I'd want to be a Glameow. I like cats, normal is my favorite type, and Glameow and it's evo Purugly are my favorite Pokémon. It'd be nice to just sleep the day away as a cat Pokémon, and I am fickle like one too. Also having a tail like Glameow's would be so cool imo.

As for what kind of trainer I'd want, obviously one that isn't abusive or part of a villain team.

Setting aside the mundane answer (i.e. if I really was born into the world as a Pokemon, it'd be the only frame of reference I know so I would accept it without question) and focusing instead of personal favorite Pokemon (by visual design or lore) I'd say I would probably pick the Riolu family. They're clearly on the more intelligent end of the Pokemon spectrum, and their bipedal posture integrates well with the human world.

As much as I'd love being a Shaymin, being in land form would mostly kinda suck, so unless I can permanently be in Sky form, it probs wouldn't be worth.

I have a big affinity for Grass-type Pokemon, so I feel like I'd be happier as a Celebi. Plus, having the ability to time travel would certainly be interesting to have!

I'd see myself wanting to be a Dusk Lycanroc. It fits my personality(usually calm, but has a bit of a hothead, especially when angry), plus it looks badass

Espeon would be my choice
I love cats, and love the cute Eevees
combining both, Espeon comes out - they look so playful, so soft fur, reminds me of two of my cats, giving the 'cute eyes' usually will get everything I want

Ditto or Mew because they can shapeshift.
Other than those probably Gardevoir because it's one of my favourites of all time and because being able to teleport would be very useful.

I can't really think of something specific but I know I'd really love to be a pokemon that can fly because that's something I've always wanted to be able to do. Other than that maybe a psychic type? Or Fairy.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom