• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If you were commissioned to make a new type

No he told EVERYBODY they were wrong for suggesting a type which is WHAT this thread is about. It's nothing to do with the ideas I gave, I'm interested in OTHER ideas, hence why I asked. He doesn't like the PREMISE of the thread, so I suggest he finds one he likes. Discussion is give and take, not "YOU'RE WRONG"

Telling everyone that their idea was wrong isn't something prohibited in Internet forums. It's still a form of discussion. Have a moderator review this thread and s/he'll tell you the same thing. WTF do you mean about premises and talking in all-caps? Being the starter of a thread doesn't give you authority to decide in what ways people shouldn't post there; that's a mod job.

According to what I read, it seems like you responded badly to Articwolf10 since his first post. It's more like you had personal grudges on him. Amirite?

After many years studying light, I would have to go with that. Secondly Healing which could have an entire turn around for the games. White Mage abilities like curing out of battle with no use of potions ;) And lastly sound would be cool move wise but not so much for a Pokemon.

Also, incorporating flying types for Pokemon like Heracross. Basically a third type, balancing out weaknesses/resistances again lightning/rock. Example Heracross would gain weakness to rock while flying. Though, all flying should have option to fly or land. Another example Hercacross flying would become Bug/Fighting/Flying and a landed Togekiss would become Normal.

Food for thought!

After many years studying light, I would have to go with that. Secondly Healing which could have an entire turn around for the games. White Mage abilities like curing out of battle with no use of potions ;) And lastly sound would be cool move wise but not so much for a Pokemon.

Also, incorporating flying types for Pokemon like Heracross. Basically a third type, balancing out weaknesses/resistances again lightning/rock. Example Heracross would gain weakness to rock while flying. Though, all flying should have option to fly or land. Another example Hercacross flying would become Bug/Fighting/Flying and a landed Togekiss would become Normal.

Food for thought!

light is covered by Psychic Fire electric Fighting aand Normal... is covered by at least 5 types...and no to the 3 type thng... that would throw of the balence to much same with double type moves.

Telling everyone that their idea was wrong isn't something prohibited in Internet forums. It's still a form of discussion. Have a moderator review this thread and s/he'll tell you the same thing. WTF do you mean about premises and talking in all-caps? Being the starter of a thread doesn't give you authority to decide in what ways people shouldn't post there; that's a mod job.

According to what I read, it seems like you responded badly to Articwolf10 since his first post. It's more like you had personal grudges on him. Amirite?

Yeah and he keeps spamming people that they are wrong. I'm allowed to say I don't like it. Why not? You a moderator? And PREMISE means he doesn't like the IDEA of this thread, so he sits here bashing every post like he's insane (repeating same action expecting different result). And Georgie Pie stalks you, how cute :) If you're that bothered don't post here. You guys love conflict eh?

I'd create a cyber type, which involve Pokemon based off of electronic technology and computer programs. It'll have a disadvantage against electric types, who resist them and hit them super effectively, and its own typing, who is its only advantage against based on the idea of computer viruses screwing up with other computers. This would give the Porygon family a secondary type, much like the Magnemite family in Gen 2.

If I were to in vent a type I would have to say there should be a type called "Light" type. This was the topic starters idea for a new type and I agree with it.
It would be weak to Ice and Poison and have a resistance to Dark and Ghost.
Also I would make it's move collection focused on support moves and special attacks.

(Hopefully with it's weaknesses being Ice and Poison this would give those two types an edge in competitive play again.)

I'd create a cyber type, which involve Pokemon based off of electronic technology and computer programs. It'll have a disadvantage against electric types, who resist them and hit them super effectively, and its own typing, who is its only advantage against based on the idea of computer viruses screwing up with other computers. This would give the Porygon family a secondary type, much like the Magnemite family in Gen 2.

Make it weak to Bug-types.

I'd think Wood would make a good type.

Weaknesses: Fire, Steel, Ice, Bug, Poison and Fighting.
Resistancs: Water, Flying, Rock and Grass.

It'd be a crap type, yes.

Synthetic type mons would be cool. They would all be man made things, similar to Porygon. You could do a lot with it as far as designs go, I think.

I would make a Crystal typing. It would have high special defense and special attack, low speed and HP.

It'd be better if it also lost to ground, as in the idea of grounding circuitry.

I would like to not see a new type, but a new kind of "shiny" called "CORRUPT"

Imagine, It would be like shadows in DX!

I would create a Corpse type, which consisted of corpse Pokemon. Much like Ghost Pokemon, who die when their trainers die, these Corpse Pokemon continue to live on after death. Physical attacks have no affect on them, but fire can turn them to ash, bug will obviously be super effective because bugs eat dead things, and ice is a strength for them, because they can be preserved. Dark and Ghost can harm them, and Psychic doesn't even touch them because they don't have minds anymore. They are slow because their bodies are slowly hardening and decomposing.

=)

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom