• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If You Were in Charge of the Anime (*POTENTIAL SPOILERS*)

• Misty and Brock indeed need more things to do. I think Brock should catch more rock types and Misty should be able to evolve her Pokémon. And Brock wouldn't have stayed with Ivy.
  • Dawn wouldn't give away Ambipom
  • Iris's Axew fully evolves during the BW series and she catches another dragon type. She doesn't lose against Clair.
  • BW Team Rocket can be serious but they would still get funny moments here and there.
  • Cameron uses a full team ffs
  • Serena would be similar to Brock : she would be an older trainer and have a mega ring. She would already have the 8 Kalos badges and would want to master mega evolution. She would give Ash tips during his journey.
  • Ash gets a mega ring and one of his older Pokémon is able to mega evolve (Sceptile ? Glalie ?). Instead of 2 dragons he would get a dragon and a fairy type (I can see him getting Slurpuff)
  • Lana would be the main SM girl and would catch the Dewpider, Lillie and Hau would be introduced at the same time (early). I don't really know what I would do with the rest of the cast but I wouldn't make Lusamine a good person.
  • More female trainers (such as Jeanette) take part in league tournaments. I wish Nina in SM was a battler like that.
  • I would rewrite a lot of Journeys battles.
  • Ho-Oh would appear in the final episode.

Okay, here I go...
Master Quest-Diamond and Pearl
  • Jimmy and Marina would have met at Ash and friends at some point.
  • Brendan introduced as Professor Birch's son
  • No Harley (I think he was funny sometimes, but didn't like him as a character)
  • Lucas would replace Brock during Diamond and Pearl and join Ash and Dawn. He would be the son of one of Professor Rowan's assistants from Sandgem Town
  • Giratina had a movie, but it would have been cool for it to be acknowledged in the series too.
  • May gets a special episode to see how she's doing without Ash, Brock, and Max on her first day in Johto
  • Maybe instead of Cyndaquil, Dawn should have a Togepie egg and raise it into a Togekiss?
Black and White
  • Bianca, Cheren, and Hilda as traveling companions of Ash (or just Cheren and Hilda).
  • Iris would have been Ash's main rival instead of Trip.
  • Ash only catches five Pokemon and only one of them is a Starter Pokemon
XY
  • Have Team Flare more involved in the beginning. Show off Lysandre Labs and the Holo Casters to deceive the viewers.
  • Maybe have Serena's goal related to Pokevision/Trainer PR videos or just have her figure it out early.
  • Korrina as a companion if Ash doesn't get Mega Evolution.
  • Zygarde gets movie focus and Yvetal and Xerneas get the television series focus.
Sun and Moon
  • If the school is kept, show more students and classrooms.
  • Hau would show up early and is a Pokemon School student and rival
  • Elio and Selene as Pokemon School students and rivals
  • As an adventure series, Ash travels with Hau and Lillie and/or Selene.
  • More Trainers who battle
  • Adapt the opening ceremony from the games
  • After the Alola League, have Ash and friends compete in the Battle Tree and have past characters like Misty, Brock, and Cynthia appear then.
Journeys
  • Instead of the World Coronation, Masters Eight, and strongest trainer in the world just have it being the Pokemon World Championship.
  • Have Mew inspire Goh to be curious about mythical and legendary Pokemon
  • More trainers with Z-Bracelets since they can be used outside of Alola
  • Ash uses his reserves and new team
  • Chloe catches that Galarian Ponyta and the Alcremie
  • More screen time for Marnie and Hop
  • Appearances of Bede, Nessa, Gordie, and Kabu
  • Ash voicing his opinion about endorsements needed to compete in the Galar League.

4Kids gets the dub rights for one last & just one more Season: for Season 9/BF, and wraps up the AG Arc instead of being cut off 3/4 of the way in. Meanwhile, TAJ gets them revoked instantly for the Mastermind dub as the trial test run is deemed a critical failure, and for abysmal quality are not allowed to touch the Series ever again as early as mid 2006.

After that, the English dub rights go to FUNimation and 4Kids no longer has them. FUNimation purchases the rights from TPCI for a hefty sum, however, then rehires the 4Kids VA cast they rehired for Slayers Revolution/Evolution R for the DP Arc onward: all the major principal roles are given to Veronica Taylor as Ash/Delia/May, etc. etc. All the Japanese OST is kept, the dialogue is kept 1:1 to the Japanese Version except sometimes when things are untranslatable. JCC is taken off the script writing team permanently after Season 9 (but is allowed to reprise Gary VO wise), as well, and Paul Taylor is brought back. No censorship, as well, and everything comes out in Uncut DVD format.

Sarah Natochenny etc. are brought in for new major roles, such as Dawn, Paul, etc. etc. and the additional talent pool expands.

Abridged parody VAs are banned from this production as it is taken with the most serious love & care, meaning no Anthony Sardinha, LittleKuriboh, etc. etc. or people off the street with no acting experience in anything, not even theater.

The Japanese openings and endings are kept, and no 30 second intros ever happen especially.

Ash wins the Kalos League, and the Series ends with him becoming a Pokemon Master there. Giovanni is defeated, and TR disbands, with TRio becoming heroes at the end- Jessie & James are married.

I think I would have just cut the series way shorter and reduce each season to the very best and/or most important episodes, with each series being about 40-70 episodes at most.

Literally keep every other series the same except BW:

My ideas (and I’m gonna be salty in this list):
  • OMG TPCi or whoever created it, If you like really wanted Iris to travel with them, at least give her a new outfit part way with elements from Hilda and Rosa’s outfits OR put Hilda or Rosa in the anime
  • They wanted to emulate Indigo League? Uh no thanks. Because (like I said) Hilda is not in the anime and neither is Hilbert
  • Make Team Plasma debut earlier (like in 2010 and not near the day that those earthquakes happened in Japan), so you won’t have to cut them out and do all that and tick off a thousand or so people
  • Continuing with my previous idea, MAKE N AND TEAM PLASMA APPEAR EARLIER IN MORE OF THE SHOW AND NOT JUST IN ONE SEASON
  • Also put Cheren in the anime earlier so we can also see him in his rival outfit and how he progresses as an anime rival possibly
  • Hugh, just Hugh
  • Absolutely DO NOT make Ash lose the tournament
Don’t get me wrong, the BW anime is okay, but I find several flaws in it and it gets me irrationally mad to the point where I just start venting… Sorry!

Edit as of July: I really like the ideas I’ve read in this thread, so let me go over them:
Master Quest-Diamond and Pearl
  • Jimmy and Marina would have met at Ash and friends at some point.
Yes. They SHOULD meet Ash and friends.
  • Brendan introduced as Professor Birch's son
And he would have a Mudkip starter since May has Torchic and is Norman’s daughter
  • No Harley (I think he was funny sometimes, but didn't like him as a character)
I kind of hated Harley (yes, I watched the weird episode he was in)
  • Lucas would replace Brock during Diamond and Pearl and join Ash and Dawn. He would be the son of one of Professor Rowan's assistants from Sandgem Town
And get a Chimchar (Dawn has Piplup and is Johanna’s daughter)
  • May gets a special episode to see how she's doing without Ash, Brock, and Max on her first day in Johto
That would have been fun. If KAORI didn’t get a voice disorder, or whatever it was called. I keep forgetting what it’s called. Help.
  • Maybe instead of Cyndaquil, Dawn should have a Togepie egg and raise it into a Togekiss?
I quite like Cyndaquil, but I like your idea, too. But now I’m thinking… one word: Misty.
Black and White
  • Bianca, Cheren, and Hilda as traveling companions of Ash (or just Cheren and Hilda).
THANK YOU! Finally, SOMEONE said it before I could, so thank you!
  • Iris would have been Ash's main rival instead of Trip.
That would be fun.
  • Ash only catches five Pokemon and only one of them is a Starter Pokemon
Yes.
XY
  • Have Team Flare more involved in the beginning. Show off Lysandre Labs and the Holo Casters to deceive the viewers.
  • Maybe have Serena's goal related to Pokevision/Trainer PR videos or just have her figure it out early.
  • Korrina as a companion if Ash doesn't get Mega Evolution.
  • Zygarde gets movie focus and Yvetal and Xerneas get the television series focus.
Sun and Moon
  • If the school is kept, show more students and classrooms.
  • Hau would show up early and is a Pokemon School student and rival
  • Elio and Selene as Pokemon School students and rivals
THANK. YOU.
  • As an adventure series, Ash travels with Hau and Lillie and/or Selene.
Yes, we need Selene in the anime. In fact, I did an idea similar to that (find it in either Postings, or search, I started writing the first chapter, but I didn’t finish it or post it, I’ll finish it today).
  • More Trainers who battle
  • Adapt the opening ceremony from the games
YES.
Journeys
  • More trainers with Z-Bracelets since they can be used outside of Alola
That’s true.
  • Ash uses his reserves and new team
  • Chloe catches that Galarian Ponyta and the Alcremie
  • More screen time for Marnie and Hop
  • Appearances of Bede, Nessa, Gordie, and Kabu
Yes yes yes. You forgot Milo. And I can’t think of any others so I’ll just say Gloria.
  • Ash voicing his opinion about endorsements needed to compete in the Galar League.
Yes.
I really like all the ideas I read, and I hate none of them, but these are just some of them I like the best. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 10 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom