• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If you were the leader of an evil team, what would it be like?

EmpoleonProd

Empoleon Master Trainer
Reaction score
What would be the goal of your evil team? The region, and what Pokemon would you use? Are you just blatantly evil (Rocket) or do you have some goal you truly think is noble and right (Magma/Aqua)? Do you lie for your cause like Ghetsis or are you true to what you say like N?

For me, my team would be called Team Glacier. It'd be a mix of Pokemon trainers, activists, and scientists. We'd be based in Hoenn, but would also send a team out to Sinnoh, more on that later. This whole idea basically assumes the Pokemon World may have a similar climate change issue to what our real world has.

The idea behind the team would be that, human intervention has caused an excessive amount of warming to the planet, the scientists in the team will have been studying this area thoroughly and pointing us to possible major causes of this, but would also study legendary Pokemon for our cause.

Our first goal would be to reinforce and refreeze the melting polar ice caps, and lower the overall temperature of the planet. To do this, we'd gather legendary Ice-type Pokemon, which consists of Articuno, Regice, and Kyurem.

Of course, our goals immediately present us with one issue, we're clearly a rival team to both Aqua and Magma, as both of their agendas conflict with our's. Magma in particular wants to outright heat up the world with sun, melting all water and therefore, ice, in their way. Aqua's goal, while not as conflicting with us as Magma's, still poses an issue, they want to drown the world with heavy rainfall, rain is still warmer than snow or ice, obviously, which means that eventually, this would melt all the ice as well.

We would make base in Hoenn at the bottom of Shoal Cave, where it is cold and filled with Ice-types for us. This means a lot of the team would use Snorunts and it's two evolutions, as well as Spheal and it's evolutions.

Our goal in Hoenn would be to gather those aformentioned legendaries in an effort to wipe out the weather competition, Magma and Aqua. If this involves going to Kanto and Unova to obtain Articuno and Kyurem, so be it. At least we have Regice in our home region.

A special task force would be sent to Sinnoh, Sinnoh is commonly referred to as a northern region, in HGSS, the Sinnoh Sound is the referred to as the "sound of the north" and the SinJoh ruins are implied to intersect Sinnoh and Johto, and us pointed as being north of Johto, so Sinnoh is even further north. Snowpoint City could even be considered the edge, or the "beginning" of the north pole, think like Greenland or Alaska.

The Sinnoh side of the team would use Snover, Sneasel, Snorunt, and all their evolutions, and would be based somewhere around Snowpoint City, possibly under Lake Acuity. The Sinnoh team's goal is to do exactly what I mentioned earlier, restore the polar ice caps to begin lowering the temperature, north of Snowpoint City is the north pole, which is where we'd go with our legendaries and start blasting off Sheer Colds and Blizzards and what not. If, after freezing the poles, we still have not reached a sufficient point, we'd be forced to expand the caps to extend further away from the poles, if we have to, freezing cities to do it, something like what Ghetsis does in BW2 to Opelucid City. Maybe we'd even have to hijack or reverse engineer the Plasma Frigate to carry out our plans more efficiently.

Oh, as a sort of front or cover for the team, we'd open up an Ice-type gym too, to casually express our goals and maybe use it as somewhat of an underground recruitment center. It's known in the Pokemon world that there can be more than 8 gyms in a region, as is clear with Unova in the games, and almost every region in the anime, so we'd probably open up a gym in Lilycove City, and I'd probably serve as the gym leader with a Froslass, Walrein, and Mega Glalie.

Last edited:
I would have a semi traditional evil team completely built upon the idea of the lake of rage plot. That is to say that my team would take the tech and ideas of Team Rocket's Lake of Rage plot and transition that to a (truly) regional plot. This would make pokemon more aggressive and force them to evolve as such it would disrupt the goody-goody relationship between people and pokemon ultimately destroying that bond. Hopefully this would upset a few legendary pokemon that would run rampant across the region. My team would use mostly dark and poison types in culmination with other evil seeming pokemon.

I would have a semi traditional evil team completely built upon the idea of the lake of rage plot. That is to say that my team would take the tech and ideas of Team Rocket's Lake of Rage plot and transition that to a (truly) regional plot. This would make pokemon more aggressive and force them to evolve as such it would disrupt the goody-goody relationship between people and pokemon ultimately destroying that bond. Hopefully this would upset a few legendary pokemon that would run rampant across the region. My team would use mostly dark and poison types in culmination with other evil seeming pokemon.

Just straight up evil, I like it!

I love how Team Glacier is its own concept while still building heavily on established elements of the Pokemon world, that's super rad!

I don't know if this is a team I could lead myself, but I came up with a team called The Status Quo, a Normal-type based team. Originally, Status Quo members were welcomed in the community they infected. They punished criminals of all sorts, from thieves to minor vandals. But when all crime is solved, The Status Quo moved onto their next goal: removing all deviation from the norm. All “unusual” activity was met with punishment by the strange, omnipresent people in white.

Despite their goals being to standardize everything, the motives of the individual members can often vary. Some delight in punishing people they consider "outside the norm", others genuinely think they've helping people by removing differing behaviors. And some, like the adminship of the group, are exploiting the goal of the group to shape society as they please.

I love how Team Glacier is its own concept while still building heavily on established elements of the Pokemon world, that's super rad!

I don't know if this is a team I could lead myself, but I came up with a team called The Status Quo, a Normal-type based team. Originally, Status Quo members were welcomed in the community they infected. They punished criminals of all sorts, from thieves to minor vandals. But when all crime is solved, The Status Quo moved onto their next goal: removing all deviation from the norm. All “unusual” activity was met with punishment by the strange, omnipresent people in white.

Despite their goals being to standardize everything, the motives of the individual members can often vary. Some delight in punishing people they consider "outside the norm", others genuinely think they've helping people by removing differing behaviors. And some, like the adminship of the group, are exploiting the goal of the group to shape society as they please.

Thanks, Team Glacier has been a fictional evil team of mine for nearly a decade honestly. My favorite types have always been Ice-types and I use at least one nearly every playthrough. When ORAS finally came around I could officially name my secret base team “Team Glacier” and my final team when you get to me is a double battle with Regice, Articuno, and M-Abomasnow.

Your team is interesting, definitely not something I expected to see on here.

I think naming a villainous team "Team [Name]" was always ridiculous. In the real world, there's no "Team Mafia" or "Team Yakuza". This is why I was so pumped when the Aether Foundation had a villainous role in Gen 7. So, with that being said, My villainous organization would likely be called "The Fists of the First Child", and would work feverishly toward the goal of realizing the dream of Mewtwo from the first film: establishing dominance of Pokemon over humanity.

I invision the general "grunt" characters as coming off a little like zealots, spewing how Pokemon were here before humans, and Pokemon will be around after humanity has gone extinct.

"Admin" type characters will work under the pretence of validating the old myth that human-kind are simply weak Normal-type Pokemon themselves, and have no place asserting dominance over every other species.

The "Leader" role will be filled by a man perpetuating these ideals to an even greater degree.

In the end, I would reveal that the entire organization is actually being led by three Mewtwo working together to eradicate humankind. These Mewtwo were cloned from the original when Giovanni tried to recreate the success of the original, yet with restraints in place. Restraints failed, and the three cloned Mewtwo used their psychic powers to seize control of the mind of a Team Rocket Grunt working in the lab (the only survivor of their escape) with the thoughts of using him as a figurehead to reach their goal.

You would fight each Mewtwo in the end, but only after fighting 6 on 6 battles with Pokemon they had recruited to their cause. For simplicity-sake, the Mewtwo would appear as the trainer for this battle, and the Pokemon on their "teams" as captured mons, but this would only be to follow the battle mechanic. Story-wise, all 18 of these Pokemon would be Pokemon who sympathize with the idea of eradicating humans, and volunteered their services as bodyguards for the 3 Mewtwo masterminds.

The name The Fists of the First Child refers to the original titles where Mewtwo is written to have been actually birthed from Mew (and is, to my knowledge, the only instance in those titles of a Pokemon being the child of another, other than Cubone), rather than grown in a tank as depicted in the anime.

Perhaps this would work better in animation or Manga form due to the subject matter, but a man can dream.

I guess this really doesn't hit the nail on the head, as I wouldn't be in charge of the organization. I'd more likely be the poor sucker who got himself brainwashed.

I like how you described the different types of members of your team, something I forgot to do.

My team would be a bit more low key and “underground”, like Team Rocket inbetween the events of the Kanto and Johto games. My grunts would mostly be intercepting Aqua and Magma grunts to ruin their plans, my admins would be the ones carrying out bigger objectives, such as the capture of legendary Pokémon and restoring the ice caps. As the leader I’d do a mix of maintaining our gym as well as making appearances when necessary when the admins are having an issue with something.

Honestly, I think I'd have a team like Team Skull, but we're more like a biker gang. We'd probably wreck property, cause mischief, and battle with strong trainers. I think it would be kind of cool to be a Robin Hood theme to my team. We steal Pokemon from the rich people who don't care for their Pokemon right, and then we would give them to kids, or just release them into the wild or care for them ourselves. I don't know what I would call this team though.

team CHAOS, an evil team with the goal to bring t the world into toal chaos and to use a legendary pokemon to achieve it.

Team ORDER, an evil team with the goal to bring the world into total order and use a legendary pokemon to achieve it.

or a team of new gym leaders that want to take over the pokemon league and gyms in a region.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom