• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If you were to be a COTD in the anime

Lluksonak

Uninteresting Individual
Reaction score
What would be your Pokemon team? Would your character battle Ash or one of his friends? Or help them against TRio? Maybe both? What will be your Battle Style?
What saga would your character appear in?

My team? A Pidgeot, Exploud, Magnezone, Salamence, Feraligatr, and Infernape.

If my character appeared in DP, he'd challenge Ash to a 3-on-3 after blasting off TRio lulz, and his battle style will be comprised of strong attacks and speed with his Pidgeot, Magnezone, and Infernape being his fastest on the team.

P.S.: If this thread was made already then sorryz, lolz

Your average COTD would have one or 2 pokemon native to the region and a small and insignificant problems that 10 year old could solve.

What you are describing would be more in line with league enemy/guy who knocks ash out of the league.

If I were a CotD, my team would consist of a Golurk, a female Bisharp and a Dewott. I would meet Ash and Co. while in Unova and they would have to help my poor sweet Golurk learn how to Fly. You see, before my Golurk evolved he was a little Golett that got himself into trouble and slipped down a cliff. It took my father's efforts--along with several other Pokemon Rangers nearby--to get him free. Although he's always been very sweet-natured and helpful, ever since then my poor Golurk has been terrified of heights. So Ash, Cilan and Iris try to help him overcome this.

Along the way, Team Rocket tries to kidnap my Bisharp, thinking she'd be a great gift for "da boss". They don't want Golurk because they claim there's no room for cowards in Team Rocket. They have Bisharp in their balloon and my Golurk overcomes his fear in order to save both his best friend and the day.

I will twist the roles of the COTD and Ash and co:
I will have a Mega Scizor, a Braixen and an Aegislash
I will meet up with Ash and co, seeming to be a normal guy with only by Braixen out of its Pokéball, attempt to flirt with Serena, then when the TRiO steals the gang's Pokémon (as well as my Braixen), I will reveal that I have a Scizor and Aegislash, and when the TRiO is getting the upper hand, I will mega evolve my Scizor, and send them blasting off! In the end, I will make another attempt to flirt with Serena, and get singed by her Fennekin's Flamethrower! XD

I would be Henry the Toast maker with my Magikarp. My Magikarp beats all of Ash's Pokemon.

I would be Ty the drift champ of Kalos who drifts the streets of Kalos with his trusty pokemon Lucario and Zoroark who drive a Chevy corvette, Chevy Camaro, and a Cadillac CTS-V coupe. i would show Ash and co. me and my Pokemon's wicked drifting skills and proving some pokemon can drive

I'd make sure I'm nowhere near Ash and his friends, so I doubt a battle would happen.

I would be around Clemont like a bee and a flower.

Last edited:
Though not a big fan of contests in the games, if I was in the anime, I would have to take the contest route. I thought they were so dazzling!

I would appear in the Hoenn sagas, since that is when the epic intro of contests took place. Since May is my favorite character, I think it would be cool to just be a friendly rival to her. Not sure what Pokemon I would have on my team down to a T, but my team would most likely be Water-based. I find many Water type Pokemon to be aesthetically pleasing.

I'd wanna be some random league trainer, like Katie(?) in Hoenn. I can job to Ash in a full battle I guess.

Roserade, Staraptor, Darmanitan, Krookodile, Azumarill, Dragonite (or maybe Tyrantrum if that's too op for a COTD)

I ould have Palpitoad and, knowing how writers treat Palpitoad I would appear in a one-second battle where my Palpitoad gets trashed by Pikachu/Charizard.

Was just thinking about this the other day. Since there are 6 regions, I would pick 1 from each...

My starter would be Bulbasaur, so obviously #1 would be Venusaur.
Lanturn from Johto.
Salamance from Hoenn.
Bastiodon from Sinnoh.
Zoroark from Unova.
Avalugg from Kalos.

I would have a Palpitoad and, as the writers loves to treat Palpitoad like shit I would lose to a Magikarp or something before never appearing again...

I'd have a ditto, and be causing trouble for Ash and his gang, probs be a recurring character that pops up every now and again to cause some mischief.

I would show up in a big-deal Triple Battle tournament, maybe be the final battle. I'd probably lose, but you never know with Ash Ketchum and his erratic skill level. My team would be my standard Maison lineup: Greninja, Charizard, Audino. I'd have a signature Mat Block, Dragon Dance, and Reflect lead, then give everyone a hell of a time with Outrage powered by Helping Hand and backed by strong special attacks. I'd also question during the fight why Pikachu was getting walled so badly while being at a type advantage.

I would be some girl with a Jigglypuff who kidnap Meowth . Then Jessie James team with twerp and have be the one blasting off in the episode.
or
or one of Jessibelle's friend/minion who has Jigglypuff and a Delabird who run into the Trio and tell Jessibelle of there location and helps her kidnap James. This results in the both of us losing in Double Team battle to Jessie and Ash of all people and James gets rescued.

Last edited:
My team? Pignite, Palpitoad, Lucario and Hydreigon
My battle style? Type versatility (Attacks of different types to use against all types of Pokemon)
When I'd appear? I'm flying on a Hydreigon when Ash asks me for directions, only a minute before Team Rocket tries to take my Hydreigon, who ends up being the one who blasts Team Rocket away.

Last edited:
If I were a COTD, I'd either:

- live in a forest, having been raised by an Entei. The TRio would be destroying the forest and I would mistakenly attack Ash, Serena and Clemont. Distrustful of humans and trainers in particular, Ash and friends would convince me to leave the forest to join civilization and after blasting off the TRio, I'd ask Entei to be my first Pokémon partner. And capture it in a plain Poké Ball.
tumblr_inline_n9pdhlEOjX1r0sbwb.jpg

or

- I'd catch Meowth and replace him in the TRio. And I'd never call him out of his ball.
tumblr_inline_n9pdhlEOjX1r0sbwb.jpg

I'd be some Average Trainer with a Drapion and a Magnezone as my Main Partner and Traveling Outside it's Ball

Back
Top Bottom