• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If you were to be a Pokémon, would you want to be Wailord?

Tag365

Mr. Skuntank
Reaction score
If you were to be a Pokémon, would you want to be Wailord? Wailord is the second largest Pokémon, and is incredibly large, to the point that a Wailord would have trouble fitting through buildings. I might be interested to be something so large, however, and it would at least give me a different viewing perspective. In addition, it appears to be able to float at least slightly off the ground as seen in animations from games such as Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky. Being stranded on land would not likely be as big of an issue as a real life whale as it might be able to float and then move back into the water, though I don't know if it can stay stranded forever, as its pre-evolution can get lethargic when dry.

No, I wouldn't want to be a Wailord.

Wailord's mobility is heavily restricted due to its large size. If I were a Wailord, I'd probably be confined to large bodies of water. And while Wailord floats in-game, I'd chalk that up to game mechanics being prioritized over real-world logic (though I have heard Wailord is less dense than air, meaning that it could, in theory, float, but even then you'd still be restricted to large fields and such--you really couldn't go into a city, forest, etc.). I know in the Adventures Manga, Sapphire has a Wailord that, because of his size, doesn't battle and is kept out in the sea. Also, Wailord lacks hands and that's pretty big considering hands allow for (some) object manipulation. I figure life as a Wailord would be pretty boring to be honest. Lastly, Wailord is a slow, defensive Pokemon, which is also a negative in my book.

Nah. I would rather be a Groudon.

Rampage on a city like in Japanese giant monster films, anyone?

Or Celesteela, if I know about hacking giant robot Pokémon.

Nah, I wouldn't settle for being a Pokemon that is anything less than absolutely gorgeous and fabulous. I'd much rather be a Galarian Rapidash.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom