• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

IGN reveals Litleo Evolution: Leaked online before being officially confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
IGN reveals Litleo Evolution: Leaked online before being officially confirmed

Gaming website IGN reveals Pyroar, an evolution of Litleo.

Read more on Bulbanews

It really hope that there's an evolution between Litleo and Pyroar. It feels like a pretty big jump to me.

Ooh, I love it! I hope the female lacks a mane though, to reflect lions in real life. But if it doesn't, I still think this guy looks awesome. More reason to add a Litleo to my team. ^^

While Ability-wise, it's not super impressive (Unnerve and Rivalry seem a bit underwhelming, especially since they're somewhat situation-specific), it does have an impressive look and vibe. I can see why they call it the "Royal Pokemon". I hope it has some good moves under its belt. While I'm still more of a Luxray fan, especially with its Abilities (Intimiate and hidden ability Guts), Pyroar does look like it'll hold its own well. So hopefully it'll get a good set of moves and a good stat distribution, which would make it a good contender, even with somewhat weak abilities.

I think "manticore" can be ruled out for anything further. *sadness* It's coat-of-arms mane, on the other hand, has me hoping for a unicorn and possibly a small red dragon.

That's pretty cool. It's certainly the most liony-looking lion pokemon we've had so far. There haven't been a lot of those.
I was hoping the manticore theory would be right though.

Is it just me or have there been so many accidents lately with leaking?

Edit: Wow, I just realized what I said.

Last edited:
I hope that if Pyroar is Litleo's final stage that it has gender differences. I mean it's always been a big pet-peeve of mine when they don't give gender differences to Pokemon that are based off of real life animals that have gender differences.

I was fully expecting a stage between Litleo and Pyroar, but it seems it's a direct evolution. This probably means Pyroar isn't as powerful as it looks or Litleo evolves pretty late like Ponyta.

I was fully expecting a stage between Litleo and Pyroar, but it seems it's a direct evolution. This probably means Pyroar isn't as powerful as it looks or Litleo evolves pretty late like Ponyta.

A cute litle fire mammal which evolves into a big powerful fire mammal isn't unheard of. It's like Growlithe and Arcanine.

A cute litle fire mammal which evolves into a big powerful fire mammal isn't unheard of. It's like Growlithe and Arcanine.

I guess I was talking under the assumption that it would evolve via level-up, but special conditions such as a Fire Stone are very possible too. Pokemon often become powerful much faster this way than classic level-up evolution.

I guess I was talking under the assumption that it would evolve via level-up, but special conditions such as a Fire Stone are very possible too. Pokemon often become powerful much faster this way than classic level-up evolution.

But you're right, it could be more like Manectric where it doesn't end up being especially impressive.

Maybe it will get a third stage or a mega forme.

all i have to say is FINNALLY i've wanted a fire type lion pokemon forever and i'm so using this

Evolution via Fire Stone would make sense if Litleo is only a two-stage Mon. While it may mean that it'll get stronger faster (as well as make the "jump" seem more real), some of its moves will either have to be relearned, taught before evolving, or substituted with TMs. That's the downside of Stones, since most Stone-evolved Pokemon (aside from some, like Vaporeon, Jolteon, and Flareon), tend to get stuck in the way of level-up moves, since that department gets very, very narrow (Arcanine and the Elemental Monkeys come to mind). So if it does evolve with a Fire Stone, then it would be wise to see what moves it learns before and after evolving, just to make sure you're not losing something important by evolving too soon or too late. But the Fire Stone theory would make sense if Litleo has no middle stage, but we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom