• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ikarishipping or Penguinshipping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Havent we already established Ikarishipping is a crack pairing? I dont want to pair Paul up with anyone, except Ash for yaoi cuteness.

Penguinshipping. There personalities go much better together.

PenguinShipping. Kenny and Dawn are just so cute together ^^ And paul doesn't seem like he can handle a relationship (look at how he treats his pokémon, if he's gonna treat Dawn the same way...)

Ikarishipping has no chance whatsoever, unless the two start to interact more. Even then, I'm not seeing it, sorry - see mijzelffan's post for why.

Penguinshipping, 4sho4sho. Kenny's crush on Dawn is adorable, and I love their friendship. Now...KENNY HAS TO ACTUALLY APPEAR Dawn just has to realize he has a crush on her, and then it can go from there.

Havent we already established Ikarishipping is a crack pairing? I dont want to pair Paul up with anyone, except Ash for yaoi cuteness.

Took the words right out of my mouth. IkariShipping is a crack ship that happened out of nowhere, created by bored ContestShippers/PokeShippers who wanted to ship Hikari with someone but hated Kengo. I hate both the ship and the ideas behind it and I never hated a ship for both those reasons.

I'd like the idea of Hikari being with Shinji because opposites acn attract as well as childhood friends

ikarishipping is not a crack shipping, it's like SasuSaku. Everyone loves SasuSaku but if you have realized Sasuke pretty much seems to be annoyed by Sakura but Sakura is irrevocably in love with him. A lot of people support SasuSaku much like I do.

Ikarishipping is the relationship between Hikari and Shinji (of course you already know). Yes I know that Hikari is optimistic and Shinji is......emo and mysterious. But opposites attract! A lot of people support contestshipping(i don't because it's too girly and happy) and at first Haruka hated Shuu. Shuu didn't even show up that much and pretty much everytime Haruka met up with him they would have some kind of arguement. If people can support a shipping like that and believe it would happen the same would be with Ikarishipping. I hate to say it but I think that Ikarishipping has more of a chance of happening than Comashipping (i love both shippings) because Shinji absolutley hates Satoshi and Satoshi hates him but Shinji isn't as bothered by Hikari as he is by Satoshi and Takeshi.

This has been shown almost everytime Shinji has made a appearance such as the maze episode. When Satoshi asked Shinji "Have you seen Hikari or Takeshi anywhere" Shinji responded by either yelling or being mean. The same happened with Takeshi (although Shinji really yelled at him that time). When Hikari saw Shinji and asked him a question Shinji responded pretty calmly unlike his responses to Takeshi and Satoshi.

Another hint would be that Hikari seems to talk to Shinji more than Satoshi and Takeshi which is probably because she cares about Shinji and his Pokemon. Such as one of the Oreburgh eps where she said "I just wonder what Shinji's Pokemon think of him" and she looked very worried.

I know that was very long but that is the reason why I love Ikarishipping. So Ikarishipping beats Penguinshipping all the way. Sorry that this was very long but it took me a long time to type so if you read the whole thing without being like "What the hell" than I honor and respect you

I think Penguinshipping has better odds for canon-ness, but I prefer IkariShipping because I just do.

Edit: Okay, scratch that. I totally prefer HeatTagShipping.

Last edited:
Ikarishipping lacks much ground as far as the strict facts go while Penguinshippping at least has some, buuuut....

Sorry, gotta go with Ikarishipping. I just can't stand Kenny and his childhood background crap with Dawn is just so painfully generic and boring. I'd pity Dawn being stuck with a living buzzkill when she could be bickering at Paul with Paul just being like "Talk to the hand, beeyotch." It'd be so much more fun that way. Too bad they'll never do that.

So yeah. Penguinshipping undeniably has a greater chance of actually happening, but I think Ikarishipping is infinitely more interesting than it if you just use your ~imagination~.

I really can't decide.

Ikarishipping is basically crack from the beginning of D/P, and Penguinshipping doesn't have a lot of merit since Kenny barely appears in the show. One has this bad ass aura surrounding it, and the other has this cute aura surrounding it as well. So it's really a tie.

Ikarishipping is basically crack from the beginning of D/P, and Penguinshipping doesn't have a lot of merit since Kenny barely appears in the show. One has this bad ass aura surrounding it, and the other has this cute aura surrounding it as well. So it's really a tie.

One also has character interaction, and confirmed future interaction since Dawn/Kenny are rivals.

The only reason Ikarishipping got started is because Dawn and Paul were the first two DP characters revealed on that original poster, and we also thought Paul would be part of the group instead of a rival.

However once DP started Dawn and Paul have had almost no interaction together besides that little moment at Roark's Gym where Dawn got mad at him for forgetting her name, but other than that...nothing.

Japan is currently up to DP114, and Dawn/Paul interaction has been practically non-existant. If the writers ever planned to pursue that ship, it would have happened by now.

Well Satoshi has 6 badges in the Japanese episodes so far so it's not the end yet Scott85

I also notice in some episodes Hikari talks to Shinji more than she does with Satoshi and Takeshi whenever they see him (which is rarely)

Like when? Just talking to a guy doesnt mean you like him. If thats what it means, Im a prostitute.

Well she also cares about how Shinji trains his pokemon is that a hint or not

Not really. And is that really care or concern?

So... she was concerned that Paul might kill one of his Pokemon, ergo she loves him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom