• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GEN VI: I'll breed just about anything for a shiny Eevee. (read first! POKEMON X!)

KuraiPhantom

Reaction score
if you're looking for perfect IVs, please explain it simply for me. I do not care for IVs, and haven't really paid any attention to them until now. I will breed just about anything for you until I get that perfect pokemon and take my time with it.

All you have to do is explain what you want, please explain the stats like..
ATTACK: 6
DEFENSE: 5
SP. ATK: 6
SP.DEF 5
SPEED: 6

If you just want a certain nature, then that is perfect for me and much easier to understand.
So is anyone willing to kindly give up a shiny Eevee they don't care about for a decent Pokemon they can give me to breed for them until they get what they want? I have plenty of time to do this c: Thanks!

I've RNG'd Shiny Eevee before. So I can give you one. (I probably have to explain RNG too, don't I?)

IVs and why you should care:

IVs, or individual values are numbers set at the moment of encounter of a Pokémon that affect the mon's stats.

There are IVs for Hit Points, Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed. Every IV can independently have a value between 0 and 31. At level 100 This means a difference in up to 186 stat points between mons of the same species.

Perfect IVs are IVs of the maximum value, 31.

How this applies to breeding is that three IVs at their values are selected from the parents at random to pass down to the child. This could mean the mother passes all three, the father passes two, or any other combination. So if you have something that already has some perfect IVs, it is easier to get more of them.

There yet is another help to this though. The Destiny Knot, when given a parent, changes the number of IVs inherited from three to five. That means, if you are working with parents who both have six perfect IVs and a destiny knot, it is impossible to get a child with less than five perfect IVs.

So there it is. IVs are the things that make otherwise identical mons different (worse).

Last edited:
Well...if you're not going to use the Shiny Eevee at all and if it just sits there, then I'll accept it. But I won't if you still want it o: I appreciate the offer though. I'm trying to get all shiny Eevees, so xD but if you don't wanna trade it, I completely understand.

So why exactly is everyone making a big deal, then? The natures also depends on the IVs, too, right? I've seen some differences with the natures. I also heard that Adamant is one of the best natures out there. I probably have one Growlithe with that nature.

I've heard from a few friends that "Stats are all that matters" when training Pokemon, which is what makes them powerful.

I have never heard of IV training until now, so that is why I'm completely confused.

Nature is generated separately from IVs, at least as of Generation 5. Nature increases one stat by ten percent and decreases another stat by ten percent, but it could end up being the same stat.

Nature and IVs end up making a large difference in the performance of a mon. An improper mon nets less knock outs and gets knocked out more often than a proper one. Single points make a difference, especially in speed.

Also, effort values are trained, and can be changed. Individual values are set.

I also have the ability to give you the same Eevee eight times over.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom