• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

I'm gonna open a can of worms!

I don't know, probably a coincidence, I mean a lot of the character's eye colour changed over the years. Besides, the earliest sprites of Aerodactyl looks like a purplish grey to me.

I don't know, probably a coincidence, I mean a lot of the character's eye colour changed over the years. Besides, the earliest sprites of Aerodactyl looks like a purplish grey to me.

yeah the old ken sugimori art was kinda like that as well

Just a different shade of purple. Is there any other colored art?

There were no shinies back then...

I think that's how Mato drew it. Maybe it was an inspiration for Shiny Aerodactyl in the later games... who knows?

There is no word about it being shiny... The mangas generally don't include shinies, as they would be practically impossible to handle in the black-and-white drawing...

But as for your "impossible to handle" statement. Silver has the Red Gyarados.

Yeah, I know. But Red Gyarados was there because it was a plot point in G/S. Aside from it, there were no shinies in Special at all (well, Crystal said that she caught one shiny in her "Catch'em All" scheme but we never got to see it).

Shinies would be impossible to handle in a black-and-white comic, as it would look practically the same as a normal one. The reader would have to be constantly reminded that this Pokemon is shiny which would (probably) turn out pathetic. I think shinies is not what Special (and other mangas) needs.

Is Aero, Red's Aerodactyl, shiny?

this was before shiny Pokemon.

thread began and pretty much ended right there.

I think that's similar to the original from Sugimori, but it's been at least 9 years since I've seen it (good old Red/Blue strategy guide).

Crazy new idea: shiny Aerodactyl based off of Red's Aerodactyl!

Crazy indeed, but also possible... very possible
considering pokesupe is the most popular and longest running manga series (of Pocket Monsters), they could have done that almost as an easter egg :smokin:

Not that new.

This is the first I'm hearing of it.

If you can find a thread on any message board about "Shiny Aerodactyl is based off of Mato's illustration of Red's Aerodactyl from Pokemon Special v3!!!", then I'll agree, but...

This is the first I'm hearing of it.

If you can find a thread on any message board about "Shiny Aerodactyl is based off of Mato's illustration of Red's Aerodactyl from Pokemon Special v3!!!", then I'll agree, but...

no I beleive this is the only one

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom