• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

I'm new here, my first team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

polelover44

BACK!!
Reaction score
bronzong.png

Bronzong @ Macho Brace
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpD
O Speed IVs
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Tick
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
Good SRing lead.
salamence.png

Salamence (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
198 Atk/112 Spd/200 SAtk
Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Dragon Pulse
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower
- Outrage
Dragon Pulse and Outrage are for STAB on the Physical and Special sides.
infernape.png

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 159 Atk/192Spd/159 SAtk
Hasty nature
- Close Combat
- Flamethrower
- Thunderpunch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Standard Mixape.
gyarados.png

Gyarados (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall
Standard Physical Sweeper, nothing to say.
Porygon2.png

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 40 SpA / 96 SpD
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
The Common Boltbeaming Pory2
celebi.png

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Grass Knot
- Leech Seed
- Recover
- HP Fire
Defensive Seeder.

A Hitmontop Rapid Spinner would be helpful, where could I fit that in?

Last edited:
Im not a competitive battler, but it looks like a solid team there. Celebi's new for me.

I haven't battled in a while, but the only suggestion I would make is giving Bronzong something other than the Macho Brace. Unless you're still training it, or if it's too fast, I don't see the point.

That seems like a pretty good team, though.

The point of the Macho Brace is to strengthen Bronzong's moves. It can also be Tricked onto a fast opponent. Zong doesn't need speed, its moves' strength are more important. Also, Gyro Ball gains strength from Zong's current speed vs. Zong's opponent's speed. The slower Zong is, the stronger Gyro Ball is.

Macho Brace... does not do anything in battle except cut your speed, it doesn't make your moves stronger. Its purpose is to make EV training go more quickly; after that it's quite useless. If you want to cut Zong's speed, or use Trick to switch a funky item onto your opponent, you'd best do with a Lagging Tail or Iron Ball.

Iron Ball would make Bronzong vulnerable to Ground-type attacks. So if this user is willing to take that chance, then it is a viable option.

As for Lagging Tail, it makes the Pokémon that is holding it move last regardless of speed. In other words, Lagging Tail does not affect the actual speed at all, and would not a boost to Gyro Ball.

^ Actually you're right, I just realized these differences. x_x;

In that case Macho Brace would be your best option to cut Speed without any other backlash. Iron Ball would be good to Trick onto enemy Fliers or Levitators, but only if you can be sure you're safe from Ground attackers until you do so.

What is this new move called "Tick"? Is it like a Bug-type version of Leech Seed? :p

Bronzong might want Leftovers instead of Macho Brace, mainly because it's very slow as it is and would love the recovery. You can then replace "Tick" with another status/utility move, like Hypnosis, Confuse Ray, or even Safeguard if you want to be different.

This is a nice solid team. Plenty of bulk, and some nice power behind it. As far as your wanting a Rapid Spinner, since most of this team is OU, you might want to keep all of the members OU/BL (meaning Hitmontop might not be the best idea unless you love getting on peoples' nerves with Intimidate). Porygon2 seems to be the most replaceable here. Donphan and Forretress can use Rapid Spin, and since your Pory2 is more defensively bulky these both do well. Forretress might be the better option since you'll already have Stealth Rock out, and it can set up the other two entry hazards: Spikes and Toxic Spikes. You can set those up, Rapid Spin when needed, and either Gyro Ball the fast stuff or Explode in something's face! You don't NEED a Rapid Spinner, however, and I think this team is fine the way it is.

Sorry, Typo, meant Trick on Bronzong. Although you're right, I might want to use something else. I tried a different variation of this team with Hitmontop instead of Porygon2, and it was a complete blowout. Hitmontop was actually suggested to me by somebody on the Marriland Forums:
Nike-Air-Force said:
EDIT:
A rapid spinner could also help your team alot. Two of your members are stealth rock weak, and 3 of the remaining 4 take neutral damage from the rocks. There are a number of great Rapid Spinners, but to fit any in your team you will need to replace some members to work around this Probably, although Starmie could work anywhere really because its that awesome and Starmies just about fit on any team.

EDIT 2:
Hitmontop could work amazingly well somewhere in this team as a Rapid spinner. The reason it would is because, your currently only rock resist is your bronzong lead, and once this goes down, your team will have alot of trouble with Tyranitar. Hitmontop counters Tyranitar amazingly well as it resists both tyranitars STAB attacks, can Intimidate T-tar, and doesnt have to worry about Boah's because of its very nice base 110 SpD.

If you like Hitmontop, then you can use it. Nothing wrong with it.

I don't know, I'll try it out with Forretress over Hitmontop. I'm really not sure.

I'm not either, so try testing both if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom