• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

I'm writing a thing

Reaction score
So, I'm an aspiring writer, and lately I've been writing/developing a series of my own. This thread is mainly for me to talk about it with y'all. Here's what the series is about:

Title: Celestial Witch Chronicles

Basic Outline: Astrid Orbalon is sent to the magical realm of The Starshine Nation to attend Vidernary, Academy of Wizadry. The reason? She is a witch! Over the years, Astrid makes new friends, mainly Asnee Flash and Serena Thornworth, learns spells, all that cool wizard stuff. However, in each year comes a big new challenge to overcome/mystery to solve, and eventually, Astrid finds herself wrapped up in a battle to defeat the greatest witch The Starshine Nation has ever seen.

I know, I know, despite the two being the primary inspirations, it sounds very reminiscent of Harry Potter and maybe a bit of The Owl House thrown in there, but I think I've made book synopses and an overarching plot that deviates from both enough. Feel free to ask me any questions about the series, and maybe I'll respond! More details will be posted as I continue developing the series.

Update: THE SERIES HAS A NEW NAME!
That's right, I made a new name for this series!
The new name will be Sorcerors of Starshine!
(pls I need someone to see this I am in desperate need of beginning to advertise myself so when I am older people will buy my books)

Sorcerers of Starshine is a very good name! Are there different categories of magic/spells/etc.?
Sort of. Magic is split into two categories: Spells and Potions. Spells require a specific hand movement (calling out the name of the spell is not necessary but most witches and wizards do it anyway) and Potions require the right ingredients depending on the Potion. There are banned Spells and Potions such as the Spell of Death and the Love Potion, as well as an entire third magic category, Curses. Information on the hand movement, ingredients or incantations of banned Spells, Potions, and every single Curse is locked away in a compartment in the magic government's headquarters.

The worst part about doing everything on Google Docs is that its blocked on the school wifi so I can't work on it during break
(anyways ask me any questions you have about the series! anything works!)

Update: Certain plot elements of the first book are in the run for being rewritten.
I have also come up with ideas for new characters

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom