• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Immortals: Second

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yun

Our World Is Worth Fighting For
Reaction score
@Azuma @Rainomi @Flaze @Naoto @Alolan Ninetales @Prez @Rocket Queen @Midorikawa @HeroicSociopath @Harambe

Newcomers were always welcomed with a sort of preternartural level of calm. Disconcerting as it could be for some, the Guardians understood that the people who came to Nouveau were where they were supposed to be. Said Guardians watched over the town, standing vigilant in their hoods and masks as they surveyed the comings and goings of all. Not only did they ensure the safe - and heavily curated - entrance of all people, but they watched their goings as well. They knew who were and weren't there, and who should and shouldn't belong.

Alongside this, the Gates that were protected by those Guardians separated what was essentially regular space from the supernatural. These entrances and exits popped you out to a location somewhere relative to where you needed to be. If you had something to do in Seattle, you'd be transported to where a Gate opened there - getting the rest of the way to your destination was your own job from then on. There weren't usually more than two Gates in smaller cities, with some towns not having a single one, but larger cities invariably did, and usually had around four or more depending on the size of the location.

These made things safe and convenient for the people of Nouveau. Beyond the Guardians and dimensional shenanigans, the town was rich, post-modern, and bustling with activity. Anything you would find in a normal city, you would find here and more. People had lives to live, jobs to do, things to run. Those people just also happened to be supernaturally-inclined; demigods, humans, and creatures of various kinds made this place their home.

There was a rather lucky set of quaint apartments that didn't cost much despite their relative beauty. Situated right in front of a nice cafe and library right across the street, it was a convenient place to live. It didn't have the amenities and boisterousness of the downtown area, but it worked for those who needed the things it provided. The apartments were beautiful, and held enough space around to have a number of people reside there.

--------

Lana had woken up at her usual time of around 7AM. She forced herself to get a normal sleeping schedule following her entering college. Since she went out of the community to go to school, like most others, she had gotten used to dealing with a crappy sleep schedule as the nearest Gate was some 26 miles away from her school in the mortal city of Chicago. It'd take her some time to navigate through the city to her destination, especially considering the traffic on the I-90. But, she had time, so she decided to just stay put and look over her work on her laptop.

She had made a pot of coffee, making to drink it while she brushed her hair.

Everything would've been tranquil if there weren't people outside causing a commotion. "What in the shite..." Lana looked out of her window, and spied three males outside hollering. At 8AM. What the fuck? "Oi, keep it down, ya fucks!" She yelled out of the window. That seemed to get their attention, and they made to start hurling insults at the redhead. She paid it no mind, closing the window and shaking her head. Idiots will be idiots, after all. The Guardians would catch up to them if they pulled anything, after all.

(OOC: Everybody should either live into one of the apartments or have just moved in today or the night before. Beyond that, try to find some interaction, feel free to explore things, react to the bullshit going on outside, etc.)

Diego yawned as he awoke in his new bed, letting the rest of his body wake up slowly as he took in his surroundings. He could get used to his new apartment, even if he still needed to give it his own personal touch. He turned towards the few boxes that were stack near the doorway to his room, a slight yawn escaping his lips.

He stood up, his senses reacting to some noise going on outside. He didn't think a place that looked as nice as that could get rowdy so early, but he didn't care, all that was on his mind was looking around.

After all, the second he heard about Nouvou he felt like he was going to heaven, not only had he heard about all the things the town itself offered but the fact that it connected to other parts of the world was perfect for him. "I can worry about this later," he muttered, passing his hand through one box as he walked out of his room.

He quickly changed into a dark blue shirt and a pair of black jeans, they were a little dusty, but he didn't have time for washing.

Now he just needed something important. Breakfast and a job.

Al was, not surprisingly, asleep. And completely missing his 8AM class. Advanced Art History to be exact; he was never really a fan of it.

However, being Lana's roommate, he was soon jolted awake by her yelling.

He propped himself up on his bed, hair completely messed up from the pillow. He wasn't really surprised to hear the commotion; he had been living with Lana for quite some time now. He was used to it. Slowly dragging himself out of the bed, still completely unaware of his tardiness to class, he went out into the main living area.

"What was it this time?" Al asked, grabbing himself a cup of coffee. "Werewolves? Or maybe not, I guess. They like moons and shit."

Tal Johnson, had woken up to the noise. Quite frankly, he moved in the day before, and wanted to sleep in, with boxes scattered literally everywhere.
He got up anyway, and decided to cook some bacon in the microwave. About two minutes later, he wolfed it all down in matter of seconds.
He proceeded to grab the TV remote and watch some awesome British nature documentary with CGI dinosaurs in it. He tried to compete with the people yelling outside, and intentionally turned the volume to the max as soon as the motherfucking T-Rex came on screen, letting out an epic roar.

Tal turned the volume back down to a much more reasonable level afterwards.

The noise, still being a problem, got too out of hand for Tal, so he decided to wait a few minutes to see if they would eventually shut the hell up. If not, he'd go out there, kick ass and take names. The police around here are a bunch of do-nothings apparently.

Lucifer enjoyed sleeping in. There was no point in getting up early to him. However this mornnng he knew he wouldn't be able to. Why? Because of the morons yelling outside. And Cerberus' meowing made it clear the cat didn't like it either. So with a devilish grin he grabbed an airtight container of catnip, and an empty salt shaker. He headed outside climbing onto the roof and from there proceeded to shake catnip down on the morons. He fed all the stray cats in the area so he knew all he had to do was sit back and enjoy the show.

Faye had gotten up around 5am to start her day. It started with a quick run before returning back to shower. It would slowly become a routine to her as she got used to the new place. She wondered if they would allow her a pet to keep at the apartment. She was eating her breakfast when she heard a commotion outside. Sighing, she just shook her head and turned on the TV to try and drown out the noise.

As Diego walked out into the living room he heard his phone ring, receiving a call from his mother. "Bendicion," he greeted her, a smile on his face as he scanned the area. He hadn't been able to get a look at it the night before with all the moving.

"Dios te bendiga," his mother replied on the other end. "Did you get there safely? I was expecting a call or something," he said, sounding a bit stern.

Diego just laughed at this. "Sorry, I was so tired from the move I fell asleep instantly," he added, walking towards the terrace. "You wouldn't believe how beautiful this place looks ma."

"Just be careful okay? You've...well you've never been around people that are..."

"Demigods? There are humans too," Diego replied as he walked outside. "I'll be fine, besides there's nothing stressful about this place," he said cheerfully as he leaned against the terrace, only to hear the sound of the people below once more. "Except for that," he sighed. "Anyways, I'll call you later before you leave for Egypt. Bendicion," he stated, his tone sounding more respectful but still retaining his relaxed demeanor as he hung up.

It was hard to stay relaxed when he felt something fall on him, was it dust? He looked up and his eyes opening in shock as he saw someone throwing catnip outside. 'What the fuck!?" He called out as he ran back inside, doing his best to get it off. "Now I really will have to wash this!"

On the streets below, clopping could be heard. Roger Ramirez was walking his goats. Since having relocated from his home near the city limits, taking proper care of his pets had become problematic. They simply weren't happy in an apartment, and he knew it. They had gotten restless. So he'd taken to putting them on a leash and walking them. There was some sort of a fuss going on outside. As a lawyer, it was in his nature to try to solve these sorts of problems.

"Gentlemen." He said, one of his goats licking at the catnip on the ground. "What seems to be the trouble?" The young man asked, looking upon them with his icy blue eyes. He was fresh out of law school, and boyishly handsome, with raven-black hair. He had on a black, button-down silk shirt and a pair of slacks. This was, as far as he was concerned, casual wear.

"Baaaaaahhh!" His other goat said. Roger shushed him. It was still fairly early, and he was trying not to wake anyone.

Last edited:
"Don't know werewolves that stay out in the fucken sun, yea," Lana pointed with her thumb. "They're just bein a nuisance. They're gonna get got."

People downstairs began to crowd. The three males were getting attacked by what seemed to be incensed cats. That seemed to keep them at bay for a bit.

"Toldja. Assholes get got," Lana said to Al with a smirk, leaning on the window to look out. She made sure to put her hair over her other eye, considering that she was peering out of the window.

But things were only just starting to get out of hand.

Lucifer doubled over with laughter at the scene. Sonmuch that he nearly fell down, just catching himself. He grinned looking down to see some of his neighbors. "Morning Al, morning Lana. Enjoying the show?" He greeted them from above.

"I know, right?" Lana said to Al, taking a sip of her own coffee. When Lucifer greeted them, she smirked. "Perfect way to start the morning," she answered.

Last edited:
It was mornings like these that made Riz miss the loft. Less noise, which was a shock given the fact they lived above a garage.

It was early, but not painfully so. At least not for him. It was a different story for his dear sister, who he knew was still sleeping upstairs. He on the other hand had not slept at all. As a doctoral candidate, he had quite a bit of work to do on his dissertation. But he wasn't worried. He already had one doctorate degree, he knew exactly what was required and expected of him. So he sat downstairs in the kitchen typing away at his laptop. The only sign that he'd been up all night was the small collection of energy drinks on the table around him, the only mess in the otherwise spotless apartment.

He seemed pleased with his progress and was about to pack it up until he heard cursing from the stairs. Loud cursing in Arabic which told him all he needed to know. The noise had woken his sister up.

Fareeha walked into the kitchen. Her hair was a mess and it was clear she wasn't happy. "Morning Fareeha. Sleep alright?" Riz asked her, his English sounding like that of a posh Londoner.

"Of course I didn't Zee... with all that racket outside I swear I'm gonna go pop somebody's head off..." Unlike her twin brother, she didn't speak in a very refined way. The consequence of being military. She paused for a moment. "Don't tell me you stayed up all night again... and those energy drinks... those things will give you a heart attack you know..." She muttered, tossing the cans into the garbage one by one.

Riz rolled his eyes. His sister had no right to tell him about unhealthy behaviors. "I'm almost done here but I'm not going to have time to put breakfast on..." He trailed off. Fareeha looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "You either put on the eggs or finish up this paper."

"I'd pick the paper... you know how I am with cooking." Fareeha knew she was walking into a joke, but she was too tired to stop herself from taking the obvious bait.

"So you know something about the long term sociological effects of Phoenician trade routes on the ancient societies of the Mediterranean and how those effects contrasted with those of more distant cultures?" Riz asked her, even though they both knew the answer.

"On second thought... I'll get started on breakfast." Fareeha muttered, starting to do just that. Riz laughed softly at his sister's expense. The rare occasions where he got the upper hand on her were nice to savor.

The males outside then got violent. Claws bore themselves and the three began swiping at the crowd, yelling expletives and death threats. Of course they weren't human.

"Uh oh," said Lana.

This escalation was immediately followed by one of the males throwing a claw and attacking one of the people in the crowd. The result was a barrier popping up around the assailed individual, which immediately broke on impact. That little tidbit meant they were protected - they were human.

Lana stood to her feet. "They're actually trying to shed some blood down there," she watched as the crowd began to move back from the incensed creatures, who started to skulk around. They were ready to continue their attack.

One of them did exactly that, responding to a human male who tried to take a swing. The result was a retaliatory claw that arced across the man's face, disfiguring him and sending him to the ground in pain. He wasn't protected from the attack like the other person had been - no, he had chosen to fight, and volition was the key to forfeiting metaphysical protection.

"Boy, why do people feel it necessary to ruin such a nice morning," Diego sighed in exasperation as he walked out to the terrace once more, seeing the guys that were screaming around attacking people. He didn't want to get involved, so he just stayed there and watched expectangly.

"Fucking cats," Kei muttered, glancing down at the annoyance with a bit of disdain in her wolfish gaze. The new tenant had already learned the leaves was not to be had, even at this time of day. She attempted to block out the shouting, plucking a few chords on her electric bass after slamming the veranda door shut.

The noise was getting to Faye at this point. She just sighed and proceeded to make her way outside. The type of calm expression on her face was the same calm that would before the storm, metaphorically. Opening her door, she saw the fighting commence.

"May I ask what you are fighting about?" she asked, with the same, calm, emotionless expression on her face.

The twins were pointedly ignoring the ruckus outside, mostly because it annoyed them. And more importantly because Fareeha had managed to cook a passable breakfast for once. Eggs and toast, but she hadn't burned the toast or dropped the eggs. A rarity. After brewing a cup of coffee for herself, she sat down across from her brother.

"You're not going to do something about those hooligans outside? Acting so uncouth in the morning... barbarians really..." Riz seemed amused by the fact that his sister hadn't flown off the handle like she normally would at such things.

"If they get too close to my motorcycle or my car..." Fareeha mused, glancing towards the door. She had a baseball bat she kept in the garage from their younger days, but it served as a decent intimidation tool. "Are you going to the university today?" She asked her brother with a smile, putting thoughts of the events outside away.

"In the afternoon." Riz answered after a moment's consideration. "I'm giving a lecture at two and then teaching a grad class at four." He sighed. "Won't be home until later. You?"

"Don't know. Haven't gotten any messages about the last test we ran so until that I'm in a holding pattern. Will probably take the bike out for a spin and check in at the base anyways." Fareeha replied, clearly coming to this decision as she spoke. "But before that, another couple hours of sleep and a long shower."

"Drink a cup of coffee and then try to go back to bed..." Riz gestured to her mostly empty mug with his fork between bites of his eggs. "That's an... interesting order of operations."

"Zee, did you just make a terrible math joke?" Fareeha raised an eyebrow.

"I did indeed dear sister, I did indeed." His sister's pained grimace said it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom