• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Immortals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yun

Our World Is Worth Fighting For
Reaction score
The late afternoon had fallen over the city, and the population all seemed to start heading out to do their own things in the darkness. The night life was was about to start rolling on one side, while other places were more quiet. It was welcome to many who didn't enjoy or need the bustle.

Anthea Inn was one of those places. A quaint place, it was large enough to show that it held tenants. The inn - fashioned more like a mansion - rested on a street not widely traveled or populated. That was safest, considering the tenants that they took in. Supernatural beings of all kinds, and humans acquainted with that world, were the people allowed inside. As an extended residency place, all tenants were let in with the expectation that they would be staying for a while.

This was perfect as a safehouse - the project started by a grouping of supernatural creatures. They wanted to shield all of those they possibly could from the terrors of things that would be a threat to their livelihood and secrecy. This evening, they were expecting new arrivals. A number of people were reached out to, and were due at the inn at any point they could come.

There were, however, a few who were already very settled into the place. Wren, donned in an apron, was watching the food as she cooked in the kitchen. Tonight's dinner was much larger than they usually had, considering the amount of people they had to feed. However, she didn't tire very easily; her Celestial abilities kept that from happening with something like cooking.

The owner, Concordia, sat in the living area. Tea in hand, she sipped before letting out a content sigh. "I wonder when the newcomers will arrive."

------

( @Yang Xiao Long; @Ib All Alone; @SukiWooper; @Winter Rain; @Midorikawa; @Flaze; @Naoto; @Ladies and Gentlemen; @Meyneth;

And it has begun. Have your character come in and introduce themselves. From there, the game begins. )

One of the new tenants was a petite girl for her age; she had dark hair past her shoulders with a greenish-blue tint to it. Upon her head sat wolf ears of the same color - as well as an equally dark-furred tail, along with golden eyes and prominent canine teeth. The teenager sat back in the lobby, feeling about ready to have an anxiety attack. Iris felt that there were so many intimidating people around the mansion. So, she stayed quiet was averted her gaze to the floor.

Kei was helping out Wren in the kitchen, and while the girl didn't have the energy of a Celestial, she felt up to the task. The demigod looked to the older girl with her one turquoise eye; the other was obscured by a medical eyepatch.

Xavier walked into the inn whistling a jaunty tune to himself. Looking around, he noticed a woman sitting having tea alone. Grinning, he went over and pulled up the chair across from her. "Mind if I sit here?" He asked her jovially. "I've been on my feet all day you see."

A tall young man slowly entered the inn, holding a piece of paper. Unlike many of the residents, he looked more or less like a human. He wore a black leather jacket, and his thick boots clicked against the floor as he entered. Vincent knew this was the right place. Still, it was a little jarring to enter a building and see a bunch of crazy magical creatures. He'd been warned in the letter, but he thought it was just a prank. It had come in the mail to his house. He was apparently psychic. That was news to him. And wizards and demons? All real too. It had an address, and seeing as he had time to kill, Vincent had headed over there to see what was going on. A new place to live was nice. He'd long since been emancipated from his mother and father. But he thought it was all just a ruse. Until now. He entered the inn, then walked right back out, expression unchanging.

Vincent walked back into the inn after he had taken a moment in a nearby alley to compose himself. He looked around, and there weren't many empty seats. He ended up sitting next to a wolf girl who looked at least as spooked as he did.

"Mind if I sit here?" The young psychic asked, looking at Iris with his dark eyes. "I just need to sit down. It's a bit of a culture shock, I think." He held his forehead with his hand. It was a lot to take in.

"U-um.. N-no, n-n-not at all.." She stuttered, allowing him to sit down. She scooted away, flattening her ears in slight embarrassment from her uneasy speech.

In the library, veteran tenant Rose Bedingfield was stretched out on one of the couches, deeply engrossed in one of her many romance novels. She knew new tenants would be arriving soon, but she hadn't realized that time had passed by so quickly. The story was getting to the anticipated 'good part'. Of course, in romance novels, when the two main characters fell in love and confessed, that was only when it was the 'good part'.

Nervously walking into the building, Alexis looked around, marveled at how large this building was on the inside. She had her hood upon her head, as it was somewhat of a 'security blanket' for the young nephilim. She wasn't quite sure where to go first, so, she along with some of the others, remained in the lobby. She just chose to sit in the floor, away from everyone else.

"Thanks." Vincent said, taking a seat. He sat down to relax. He looked at the other residents. He saw what looked like a few humans, but mostly supernaturals. He didn't hate them, but it was a little overwhelming to him, finding out that vampires and werewolves existed all along. Vincent happened to glance at Iris, and noticed that her ears had flattened. She seemed to be more nervous than him.

"Are you new too?" Vincent asked her. He couldn't help but focus on her ears. It was really hard not to. They were like a dog's, and he really wanted to touch them.

Iris only nodded, not trusting her ability to speak. She shrunk back, seeming to be fidgeting slightly.

Don yawned as he made his way into the inn, carrying his bag slung over his back. He had been travelling a long way after getting the invitation to join the inn and was glad to have finally arrived at his destination. He did wonder however just what kind of people he would meet, he was still trying to get used to the fact he was an Infernal, something that had shocked him and changed his perception of things. That's why when he walked into the inn all he did was scan the room, looking at everyone. They all looked normal to him, well relatively at least. "...hello," he said quietly before throwing his bag down and sitting on the floor, assuming they were all new tenants as well and were just waiting.

Concordia looked to Xavier. "Of course," she said. "Oh. There seems to be some people in the lobby."

Via a mind link, Concordia spoke to Wren. "Wren, will you go and greet the newcomers?"

"Got it," Wren answered back. Looking to Keira, she pointed at the pot. "Keep it on 6, don't let it boil over," she said, rubbing the girl's head before walking out of the kitchen. After entering the lobby, she waved to Vincent, Iris, and Donald. "Hey, you three. Here for the rooming?"

Donald saw a woman walk into the Lobby, feeling a slight rush of pressure wash over him as he turned to Wren, almost as if a part of him was telling him to watch out for her. He stood up from the floor and grabbed his bag, approaching her carefully. 'Yeah, or at least I am," he said, glancing at the others dismissively. "I'm Donald, call me Don."

Xavier smiled gratefully as he pulled a leather bound flask out of his pack. He took a long pull from it before speaking. "Usually this busy?" He asked Concordia, hearing the noise of the new arrivals in the lobby.

Kei nodded, keeping careful watch over the pot with her singular eye.

Iris glanced up at Wren for a moment, giving a small nod before dropping her golden gaze back to the floor.

Vincent glanced at Iris. Dear lord, she was more like a rabbit than a dog. He felt bad for making her uncomfortable. Maybe she really preferred to be alone, and just wasn't the type to tell him to go away? He was just about to get up and leave her alone when Wren spoke.

"Yeah." Vincent said, nodding. Then he remembered something. "I didn't think the letter was serious, so I'll have to go back home to get my things after." He said.

"Can I help at all?" James asked Concordia. He was also an already resident of the place as well. He didn't particularly care or dislike the fact that they had newcomers. He just accepted it. But that was him. He guessed it was the result of being the child of an angel and demon.

Adrian Dragomir entered the inn. He actually had no trouble with humans. However they forced him on vacation and he figured he might as well re-acquaintance himself some with the non-human world. Walking in he took in the scents, smirking at a very familiar one. He figured he should bring his stuff to the room first but he just couldn't resist the scent. He noticed a woman come out and ask them if they were looking for rooming, though since he had just entered, she hadn't noticed him yet. That was fine. He would take care of that later. His cat slipped from his hands, walking up to Iris and rubbing against her leg. Since the inn hadn't banned her, he assumed she would be safe. If she wasn't then he would kill whoever hurt her. Thus he slipped out of the room following the scent and sneaking up on it. "Must be quite lonely without your sister. But if you need some company, you know I'm always willing," he said in her ear.

Iris gave a little smile, rubbing the cat gently behind the ears. "Hello, there. Who might you be?" She asked the feline, speaking to the animal with an unbreaking voice. She could easily speak to animals with no trouble whatsoever; it was humans alike that got her.

"Wren," she held out her hand to him. "Nice to meet you," she could feel her own energies reacting to him - reacting in a way she was familiar with. An Infernal.

The others seemed to be preoccupied, so she spoke louder for them. "If you're coming to room, come to the living area!"

"A-ah.. Okay." Iris got up, lifting her guitar case onto her back and grabbing her other belongings in her free hand. She followed Wren, albeit in a tentative manner.

Rose was still engrossed into her book. Her ears caught sound of someone opening the door, but she paid it no mind. It was until the whisper of a familiar voice that led to the book being shut. A wide smile appeared across her lips as she turned around and saw the figure. Squealing like a teenager, she wrapped her arms around him tightly.

"Adrian, it's you," she spoke with happiness, "I haven't seen you in so long."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom