• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Immortals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wren looked back outside, answering Alexis. "Waiting for them to get back," she said. She was referring to the group that went out to investigate the Vampires. She wanted to be there to help just in case they were injured.

Vincent didn't leave. He had other questions. As a human, he had a lot of metaphysical conundrums he wanted answered. He wasn't sure about being alone with this man - he'd seemed a tad nonchalant about watching a decapitation and subsequent cranial mutilation - but he had a golf club, and learning all these things was very important.

"So what happens to people without souls? Do they die?" Vincent asked. "And who was that guy in the basement?"

Ajah shook his head. "Not physically. Your body remains solid. You just lack essence and a mind. Technically, you'd leave your body and it would become a living husk with no function other than self-sustenance. Easy to mind control since you have all that free space up there," he said. "As for the other thing, you'd have to pay me for that type of info."

Alexis only nodded and stood back as she saw Rose walk into the inn. Part of her felt envious of Rose's beauty and confidence. She didn't feel exactly attractive, given her heritage. Sure her mother was a beautiful woman: Dark Chocolate hair that had curls down her back, piercing green eyes, and a fair complexion. Her mother was simply beautiful, and managed to steal the heart of her father. She didn't feel like she was near as beautiful as her mother, and honestly, she wished she could have confidence in her looks.

Rose smiled and waved at Alexis before turning her attention to Wren. She could sense the nephilim's sorrow, but didn't express it. Rose knew all too well what the girl felt, even if she never showed it. She had over a century to gain confidence though.

"Hello, Wren," she greeted with a smile, "Has everything been alright while the boys and I were away?"

Xavier was clearly deep in thought when they got back to the inn. He retreated to the bar and made himself a stiff drink. He didn't like what he had agreed too, but he also understood that he had no choice. He would uphold his honor and protect his friends.

Vincent had his card, and usually kept around a hundred or two hundred dollars on it. But he somehow doubted Ajah here would accept it, and having just heard the man's explanation, was wary of bargaining his soul.

"Maybe some other time. Thanks." Vincent said, then ran to catch up with the group. He almost wanted to ask Xavier where he was going to get all those souls. But another part of him really didn't.

"So that was kinda messed up." Vincent said. He had the golf club slung over his shoulder. The blood on it had begun to coagulate. It'd be a pain to scrape it off.

"Back in one piece. That's good," Wren stated simply when the group walked in. Rose's question would allow her to answer both Don and her. "Kei's hurt from our battle with a wendigo. And with you all; I'm assuming you met your informants. What did they tell you?"

Concordia walked into the room, only to find Xavier sitting in the bar. "Oh, welcome back," she said to him.

Xavier did his best to smile. "Thanks. We had another run in with those vampires. Chased them off again." He explained. "Your contact... He thinks you're simply enchanting. Doesn't mean he gave me a discount for information though." Even in his state, Xavier couldn't stop himself from cracking a joke.

"Is Kei alright?" Rose asked with a concerned look upon her face, "Does she need any sort of medical attention?"

"A cannibalistic spirit; it supposedly manifests in a creature when they consume copious amounts of their own kind and die," Wren stated. She'd read up on wendigos. They were one of the more destructive spirits that existed in the vast afterlife. "We had to exterminate one today since it was causing trouble near the city. Kei... she's injured, but she'll live. It takes a lot more to kill a thing like her."

"Hm, maybe I should pay Jensen and Ajah a visit some day. See if I can negotiate a 'deal'," Concordia said with a small smile, sitting down next to Xavier. "So, tell me; why is it that you're sitting here, sulking into your drink?"

Xavier smiled thinly at the question. "A number of things. Regret mostly. It's my fault everyone is in this mess with the vampires. And if I wasn't going to that house today, I could have helped Wren with that wendigo. After all, they don't like fire." A chuckle escaped his lips before he continued. "But most of all, the price I have to pay for this information. The Celestial in me is disgusted, the Infernal though... He's excited. And that scares me." This was the first time that Xavier had admitted his blood to anyone at the inn.

Concordia nodded for a moment. "Duality... it's a strange feeling. I don't think I'd ever be able to understand, fully, what a person like you has to go through," she closed her eyes for a moment. "I am also not aware of their price. But, an angry coven of Vampires is not worth anything cataclysmic for trade... so, if you find yourself backed into a corner, just tell me."

------

Three days passed without many problems in terms of the Vampires. The silence gave the inn time to adjust to the new issues that arose. With angry Vampires on their hands, they would have to be alert. After the rest of the inhabitants were briefed on the current situation, things were tightened around the inn; most importantly, security. The system of Guardians had all-but dissolved, as per Wren's insistence due to how strong everyone was. In its place, the rule that no one travel alone was enforced more heavily.

At the moment, Wren sat reading up on some lore - Vampire lore to be precise. Their proven and theorized weaknesses, their physiology and abilities, it was all there for her to research. "Iron and silver are known to cause them extreme harm. Cutting off the head can kill them. Burning them helps..." It was a boat load of weaknesses, but nothing too concrete beyond decapitation.

Xavier smiled at Wren's words. "I find that fire works well. Better than expected." He was grinning as he sat down next to her. "Don't tell Rose that though." This was much quieter.

"Vampires, huh?" Kei muttered to herself, staring up at the ceiling as she pondered what to do. She had just been allowed back into her room, since she had needed a few days to recover beforehand. She considered talking to Wren, but nixed the idea; if anything, the Celestial probably didn't need to bothered by the demigod, regardless them being friends.

"Heh. We'll try not to offend her with our talk of vampiric homicide," Wren replied to Xavier, still reading through the book. "Did your fire off one of them?"

Vincent plopped a jar of a gluey white substance down on the table.
"I've got it covered." He said. He'd spent about an hour making the mysterious fluid in the jar. "Check it. Napalm." He'd used the packing peanuts that had came with the components of his other project. The shopping cart he had borrowed took up much of Vincent's half of the dorm, and was full of car batteries, mirrors, and strange bulbs. Vincent was well aware he was at a disadvantage as a mere human, but he had planning on his side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom