• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Impossible games you wish were brought to future consoles

Poke Dragon

Looking for a way to be whole again.
Reaction score
It's no secret that there are many games that simply can't be brought to future consoles for many reasons, whether it's from a different control scheme not supported, unsupported online services, or how they are not needed in the current times anymore.

Personally, I would really love for Four Swords Adventures to be brought back and perhaps be enhanced as a port. It's an underrated Zelda game that did 2D Zelda multiplayer the best so far. The constant competition to have the most Force Gems than other players but also needing to do co-op made its multiplayer a dynamic experience. The problem would be the very thing the game is known for: multiplayer. The control scheme was multiple screen dependent.

Last edited:
The Tengai Makyou series. I want to play translated versions of those games, but I doubt that Konami will do anything with them, and making modern ports of them might be the only way that can happen.

Bloody Roar. Again, Konami doesn't seem interested in porting them, but it would be nice.

The console versions of the Street Fighter Alpha games. (or PSP version in the case of 3) I know Arcade purists will crucify me, but I'd rather have that extra content over them being accurate.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom. Specially if they manage to get the character themes (I can dream), although the bio section would have been pretty nice.

I would personally like Pokemon Battle Revolution to get a port. But since Pokemon is now fully 3D, there is no need for it anymore. Which is a shame, because I really enjoyed its soundtrack.

I'd love for the GBA Pokemon games to come to future consoles, since other than the Ruby and Sapphire Pinball and old Mystery Dungeon games, the mainline games for the Gameboy Advance haven't been ported yet. I'd also like for any 3DS-exclusive games to get ported, DLC included, if only for the purposes of game preservation. I know Fire Emblem fans wouldn't want the 3DS games' content to be lost forever.

Pokemon Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness, never had a Gamecube as a kid so I never had a chance to play both Orre games. Don't understand why it's never been re-released on Virtual Console tbh.
And also the pre-PS4 Metal Gear games since the PS4 isn't backwards compatible. I want to get into Metal Gear but that'd require me to buy a PS3 and the Legacy Collection first TT

Viva Piñata: Pocket Paradise is one of my favourite childhood games, but it'll probably never be re-released because the DS' features are hard to replicate, not to mention that it's basically a stripped-down version of the Xbox 360 games (which already have been sort-of re-released in Rare Replay). When I was a kid, I had no idea those games existed, so I can't imagine playing Viva Piñata without a touchscreen. Over the past few days, I've come to think that the Wii U would be the perfect system for a game like Viva Piñata — it has both HD graphics and a second screen to put all the alerts on — but alas, 'twas not meant to be.

MegaMan Battle Network, no doubt about it. That was my first MegaMan series and I loved it (well, BN4 notwithstanding) and I would love to have it back on the Switch. That was one of the Wii U's strengths, as it allowed me to play Battle Network for dirt cheap on the VC, something that Nintendo needs to bring back. I have many fond memories of playing various Battle Network games both on the GBA carts and VC so I would love to see it brought back.

I could also go for seeing Golden Sun: Dark Dawn on the Switch. I didn't like the first two Golden Suns but I did like Dark Dawn (I liked the concept and characters better). It would be great to see it on the Switch. I know that replicating the touch screen bits would be tricky but I think they could figure something out.

I would personally like Pokemon Battle Revolution to get a port. But since Pokemon is now fully 3D, there is no need for it anymore. Which is a shame, because I really enjoyed its soundtrack.
CRYING AND SOBBING ME TOO… THIS AND XD GALE OF DARKNESS… I’ve been begging and begging omg…

Over the past few days, I've come to think that the Wii U would be the perfect system for a game like Viva Piñata — it has both HD graphics and a second screen to put all the alerts on — but alas, 'twas not meant to be.
Oh my god literally this. I love Viva Piñata sooo much that game was literally so good. Would love ports for any in the series. I heard emulating it is sadly super difficult…

I’d also love for another, or a port of Dokapon Kingdom, literally such a fun mario party esque RPG. And Chibi-Robo! I miss Chibi-Robo so much aughh! And all of the other Katamari games!! Katamari Forever was my favorite!

I was watching a YTuber play some "Yugioh: Duelist of the Roses" blind and it brought back so much nostalgia. I would adore it if Konami either ported it, remade it or even made it a sequel. Unfortunately, despite the game being one of the greatest selling PS2 games of all time, I really can't see the latter two ever happening - especially as Master Duel seems to be doing so well which requires basically zero effort.

The obvious reason being the DOR game itself is very abnormal - instead of a direct TCG game, the cards are instead played on a chess-like board and you have to actually maneuverer them in a strategic manner and each battle has an animation where the monsters battle it out. It's kinda reminiscent of the first season of the anime's wonkiness. Naturally now the TCG has a ridiculous number of cards, making 3D models for each of them would be impossible. Furthermore, adding Synchros, Xyz's, Pendulums and Link monsters would also be a headache to balance. Lastly, the original game being based on the "War of the Roses" (with Yugi as Henry Tudor for example) means the writers would have to do more research to insert more YGO characters as historical figures.

I would be totally fine with a port though...so long as they remove that annoying Deck Cost limit in rematches. I would love to fight someone like Pegasus will a fully powered Deck.

Well, they don't have to use all the cards, but that would bring another problem: Which cards to bring. I know the aces would make it easily, but I don't know what else they could bring. Just don't bring the Ojamas back.

Also, the cards with new summoning methods could be made Normal/Effect cards. Sure, it cheapens things out, but at least that's an easier solution.

On which characters to bring: They could use more DM characters instead of the generic guys for the White Rose side, and maybe add Zorc Necrophades since NiteMare is more or less a prototype of him.

Pokemon Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness - Great games, great OSTs

Sonic Heroes - original game was kind of a porting miss to the PS2 and Xbox, fun game although it could be clunky at times

Some of the older Resident Evil sidegames getting remasters would be nice, I think Outbreak and Outbreak #2 would do exceptionally well with all the online multiplayer games being easier for people to access and play.

Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II - Again, online play would be easier for people these days, also the Tails egg save bonus is nice

Well, they don't have to use all the cards, but that would bring another problem: Which cards to bring. I know the aces would make it easily, but I don't know what else they could bring. Just don't bring the Ojamas back.

Also, the cards with new summoning methods could be made Normal/Effect cards. Sure, it cheapens things out, but at least that's an easier solution.

On which characters to bring: They could use more DM characters instead of the generic guys for the White Rose side, and maybe add Zorc Necrophades since NiteMare is more or less a prototype of him.
Fair points. I think just covering all of DM would be a fair compromise as while I like the later shows, my nostalgia goggles means I would prioritise the original anime. I believe there are actually some mods that add in later DM characters like Rebecca funnily enough.

Another change I forgot to mention would be to make Rituals work like the TCG as the game’s way of doing it made them unplayable despite them being the coolest cards.

i'm unsure if it's "impossible", but really nintendo should port over Kirby Air Ride already, if they haven't. damn shame that there are SO many people missing out on a great game, and i don't even play kirby games but that one for sure was great.

I'd love to see Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents rereleased somehow. If not for convenience and to reignite interest in the series as a whole.

Having to reacquire the licenses to all the songs that were originally featured is a probably a big issue though (otherwise i think we would've easily seen then on the Wii U's DS virtual console). Not to mention it's big reliance on touchscreen so it won't work best for switch either.

The F-Zero fan in me wants the Satellaview-only tracks to be officially released in some shape or form, and F-Zero 99 is my only hope for this to happen ><

There was "The Guardian Legend" on the NES, which was a neat game that crosses NES Zelda-like gameplay with shoot'em up sections, which I think would be a good game to port, or have a remake.

I'll admit up front that I have personally never played the game, but Panzer Dragoon Saga.

We're talking about a game that is not only considered one of the best games on the Sega Saturn, but it's considered to be one of the best games of all time and is widely regarded as 'the best RPG you've never played'.

The game is also only on the Sega Saturn and the price is literally 'fuck off expensive', at least if you want to play the game in English.

Japanese copies of the game are cheap, did a check on eBay and the cheapest Japanese version of the game sold recently sold for around $32 (and that was a complete with the case and everything copy).

The cheapest English language version of the game (specifically the EU release) recently sold for SEVEN HUNDRED FUCKING DOLLARS. Even people selling things like disc 2 of the game alone are still selling it for like $150-200.

The F-Zero fan in me wants the Satellaview-only tracks to be officially released in some shape or form, and F-Zero 99 is my only hope for this to happen ><

There was "The Guardian Legend" on the NES, which was a neat game that crosses NES Zelda-like gameplay with shoot'em up sections, which I think would be a good game to port, or have a remake.
According to the recent F-Zero video that DidYouKnowGaming did, despite never being rereleased, a couple of fans took it upon themselves to recreate the Satellaview-only tracks as accurately as possible so they are now available to play thanks to fan efforts. Not sure why Nintendo doesn't re-release the Satellaview-only games, I imagine diehard fans and new fans would def buy them since it would be like having a piece of history at that point.

Recently, thanks to re-visiting the game myself, another game I'd like to see be ported to modern consoles is Yu-Gi-Oh! The Falsebound Kingdom. It's a really interesting take on the original Yu-Gi-Oh monsters and cast. For those who don't know, The Falsebound Kingdom is not a card battle game, but rather a tactical RPG-like game. Players (as in members of the original cast) command three monsters at a time as "Marshals", and there are three different "stories" to play: Yugi, Kaiba, and Joey, each with different available monsters and plots. You needed to complete the stories in a certain order so you can get all the monsters, and multiple playthroughs are necessary to do it. The game has you focus on monster compatibility, managing resources, playing under a time limit, and making strategic maneuvers in order to claim victory. In essence, it was similar to Fire Emblem but with Duel Monsters and more tactical options. The game is very underrated and it was very creative, since it wasn't just a card playing simulator like most Yu-Gi-Oh games (although Dragons got screwed over the most in that game, but given who the antagonist was it actually makes sense). And if you knew and used the Konami Code during normal gameplay (repeatedly, I might add) you'd get a nice bonus that could really help strengthen your resources for each playthrough. Overall, it's a rather underrated game that took a different approach to the Yu-Gi-Oh cast and monsters that I find rather fun and fascinating and would love to see it come back on modern hardware.

According to the recent F-Zero video that DidYouKnowGaming did, despite never being rereleased, a couple of fans took it upon themselves to recreate the Satellaview-only tracks as accurately as possible so they are now available to play thanks to fan efforts. Not sure why Nintendo doesn't re-release the Satellaview-only games, I imagine diehard fans and new fans would def buy them since it would be like having a piece of history at that point.
I played the recreations. It felt so good to experience the exclusive tracks myself. And today there's a new patch that actually replaces the in-game songs with the Expanded Soundtrack composed by a fan a while back !

Tomodachi life every direct it seems less and less likely and I’m 90% sure I’m just huffing copium at this point but i want my silly little life sim backkkk

Back
Top Bottom