• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

in HG/Gold, when your Togepi hatched, did you go back to prof. Elm immediatly?

soom271

Reaction score
You know how you get a togepi egg in the beginning of the game and it hatches later and Professor Elm calls you and asks you to show him? Did you take the time to go back to him right away or did you wait until you got fly?

I went back right away the first time I played the game back when I was like ten because I thought something important would happen (or he'd give me something as a gift).

Later playthroughs I just went back after getting Fly.

Nope. I waited until I got Fly so that I'll be able to get back to action sooner. I don't like backtracking when it's only for one insignificant thing.

I don`t think I ever did to be honest. I think it was a Hustle Togepi so I boxed it forever. :-(

Ya know, Silver/SS exists too.
Anyway, yes. I didn't know that I didn't have to go immediately.

I completely ignored him. I waited until a gym or two AFTER I got Fly, actually. It wan't necessarily my top priority. (My Togepi was already a Togetic when Prof. Elm saw it, but he didn't seem to mind.)

And, I did that in SoulSilver. You know, HeartGold's counterpart? The one that is just as important? (Yah, it's past my bedtime, lol.)

First playthrough, I kept it and used it, only returning when I was forced to come back through New Bark near the endgame. Second playthrough, ditched the egg in the box and never even bothered hatching it.

(Also, I love how everyone else in this thread is like WHY NO SILVER LOVE D:)

Have I actually even went back to him at all? I can't remember xD

I think about sums it up.

ok i am sincerely sorry i didn't put SS/Silver in here because I don't have SS and I don't really play Silver :p but ya i usually wait till i get fly but this playthrough i decided to backtrack and give to him sooner because i thought the game makers (Game Freak?) expected you to do that so you could train your togepi.

I did, I wanted the Everstone. Bit miffed the first time on Gold, just an Everstone? Cheapskate.

I did, I wanted the Everstone. Bit miffed the first time on Gold, just an Everstone? Cheapskate.

ya ikr? Although it sorta worked out for this time cause I'm trying to keep my cyndaquil for as long as I can before I have to let it evolve :3

Normally I forget. Besides, an Everstone isn't exactly the most thrilling of prizes.

I usually wait until I reach Ecruteak City, usually. Heal up, then cut around the loop to go back.

Sometimes, I have a Togetic by that point, though. I did in my first runthrough of SoulSilver. (I actually used it on my team the whole game.)

Not until the end when he invited me about Ho-oh and when I came said:"Oh,the egg hatched!"

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom