• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

in HG/Gold, when your Togepi hatched, did you go back to prof. Elm immediatly?

Reaction score
The first time I played gold it was a Japanese version so I had no idea I was supposed to do that. It was only after I played an English version of Crystal did I knew what was going on and went back. I was pleasantly surprised he gave me an everstone for that.

Previously known as 'Isamu Akai'
Reaction score
Like most people, I don't ever go back to Elm immediately when the egg hatches. I'm usually at Goldenrod by the time it does, and that's just way too long of a trek. So I wait until I'm able Fly like most.

The most you ever get is an Everstone anyway, which I've never found very useful. I don't even use it for breeding. So often I don't even show Togepi to Elm, I usually forget to do so.

Reaction score
When I get the Togepi at first I wanted to release it due to a worthless nature and ability but after it says its the only Togepi I have and Elm wants to give me something, I decided to keep it and show to Elm later.

There is only one king!
Reaction score
I did in Gold yeah, cause I didn't know any better. But in HG I pretty much just ignored him until I beat the E4.

Eaten by Giratina...
Reaction score
Never did. What was the point? Just to travel to have him say, "Good, good. This is progress."

♡ mk. vier ♡
Reaction score
Never did. What was the point? Just to travel to have him say, "Good, good. This is progress."
Well, he does give you an EverStone, but other than that, yeah, it is kind of pointless.

Actually, I DID immediately go back to Prof. Elm, mainly because I knew I'd forget if I didn't. That, and I was just hanging around Violet City anyway waiting for it to hatch, so it wasn't that much of a trek back to New Bark Town.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Not immediately - I got the Fly HM first because I was closer to there than to New Bark Town. I didn't want to go back to him at all, but him phoning me every 30 seconds got annoying quickly.

From Leyend to Myth
Reaction score
It hatched when I was all the way to Azalea. I figured I'd go back when I reach the intersection with the Sudowoodo, but on HGSS by then I completely forgot about it.

In Crystal I also forgot, but I was going back to New Bark Town before going to Ecruteak so I talked to him anyways to see if there was something new going on.

My Sword Hand Twitches!
Reaction score
Yep, or else i would have forgotten about it.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
I go back to Elm immediately after Togepi evolves to get my free everstone, I later went into the process of evolving it.

Reaction score
Yes, because I put it in the PC after it hatches then think eh might as well get the Everstone now.

I immediately get the Exp Share from Mr. Pokemon as soon as I get the Red Scale too. Don't use it, just don't like having the scale just sitting in my bag.

:D
Reaction score
I never went back. I just opted to box the little critter and keep moving.

You look good at Pokemon but how's you chem?
Reaction score
First time, I immediately went back to the guy. I mean, he did give it to me.

Back to KM
Reaction score
The frist time i got it i went back immediately, because i was still in violet city, but then the second time and any time after, i waited until i got the fly HM.

URESAI
Reaction score
Prof Elm didn't see my Togepi until he called for me to get the Master Ball, LOL

The Stray Veteran Pokemon
Reaction score
Back in Silver and Crystal, I used to just present my hatched Togepi to Elm whenever I felt the need to go all the way back to New Bark Town. However, in my one and only SoulSilver file since I bought the game, I remember that I returned to the lab when I reached Ecruteak for a couple of reasons. Firstly, it's easy to go from Ecruteak to New Bark with the Running Shoes/Bicycle. Secondly, I wanted to train the Eevee that I received from Bill in the Ecruteak Pokemon Centre as it is Lv 5 in these games iirc. The journey to New Bark is mainly memorable to me because it was the first time that I encountered a Legendary Dog in the remake since awakening them - Raikou. And you know what? I nearly captured it on my first go, with a Fast Ball at full health!

But yeah, I usually just return for the Everstone whenever I feel like it really.

Ice Master.
Reaction score
I always thought that I had to eventually go to him to show him togepi or else I wouldn't be able to get my masterball or something like that. I would just wait till i learn fly since I am usually in goldenrod when it hatches.

Reaction score
Very rarely did I ever go immediately back to Prof. Elm to show him Togepi after it hatched. However, once I cleared the Sudowoodo path, I sometimes took the iniative to go show him it. Otherwise, I would go to him once I received the HM move Fly.