• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

in HG/Gold, when your Togepi hatched, did you go back to prof. Elm immediatly?

The first time I played gold it was a Japanese version so I had no idea I was supposed to do that. It was only after I played an English version of Crystal did I knew what was going on and went back. I was pleasantly surprised he gave me an everstone for that.

Like most people, I don't ever go back to Elm immediately when the egg hatches. I'm usually at Goldenrod by the time it does, and that's just way too long of a trek. So I wait until I'm able Fly like most.

The most you ever get is an Everstone anyway, which I've never found very useful. I don't even use it for breeding. So often I don't even show Togepi to Elm, I usually forget to do so.

When I get the Togepi at first I wanted to release it due to a worthless nature and ability but after it says its the only Togepi I have and Elm wants to give me something, I decided to keep it and show to Elm later.

Never did. What was the point? Just to travel to have him say, "Good, good. This is progress."

Never did. What was the point? Just to travel to have him say, "Good, good. This is progress."

Well, he does give you an EverStone, but other than that, yeah, it is kind of pointless.

Actually, I DID immediately go back to Prof. Elm, mainly because I knew I'd forget if I didn't. That, and I was just hanging around Violet City anyway waiting for it to hatch, so it wasn't that much of a trek back to New Bark Town.

Not immediately - I got the Fly HM first because I was closer to there than to New Bark Town. I didn't want to go back to him at all, but him phoning me every 30 seconds got annoying quickly.

It hatched when I was all the way to Azalea. I figured I'd go back when I reach the intersection with the Sudowoodo, but on HGSS by then I completely forgot about it.

In Crystal I also forgot, but I was going back to New Bark Town before going to Ecruteak so I talked to him anyways to see if there was something new going on.

I go back to Elm immediately after Togepi evolves to get my free everstone, I later went into the process of evolving it.

Yes, because I put it in the PC after it hatches then think eh might as well get the Everstone now.

I immediately get the Exp Share from Mr. Pokemon as soon as I get the Red Scale too. Don't use it, just don't like having the scale just sitting in my bag.

I never went back. I just opted to box the little critter and keep moving.

First time, I immediately went back to the guy. I mean, he did give it to me.

The frist time i got it i went back immediately, because i was still in violet city, but then the second time and any time after, i waited until i got the fly HM.

Prof Elm didn't see my Togepi until he called for me to get the Master Ball, LOL

Back in Silver and Crystal, I used to just present my hatched Togepi to Elm whenever I felt the need to go all the way back to New Bark Town. However, in my one and only SoulSilver file since I bought the game, I remember that I returned to the lab when I reached Ecruteak for a couple of reasons. Firstly, it's easy to go from Ecruteak to New Bark with the Running Shoes/Bicycle. Secondly, I wanted to train the Eevee that I received from Bill in the Ecruteak Pokemon Centre as it is Lv 5 in these games iirc. The journey to New Bark is mainly memorable to me because it was the first time that I encountered a Legendary Dog in the remake since awakening them - Raikou. And you know what? I nearly captured it on my first go, with a Fast Ball at full health!

But yeah, I usually just return for the Everstone whenever I feel like it really.

I always thought that I had to eventually go to him to show him togepi or else I wouldn't be able to get my masterball or something like that. I would just wait till i learn fly since I am usually in goldenrod when it hatches.

Very rarely did I ever go immediately back to Prof. Elm to show him Togepi after it hatched. However, once I cleared the Sudowoodo path, I sometimes took the iniative to go show him it. Otherwise, I would go to him once I received the HM move Fly.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom