• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

In Memoriam: Celebrities

Prince Philip passed away today. He would have been 100 in June.

I remember heading home from watching a short film I was an extra in a couple of years ago last night, and while on City Link heading home, I decided to change the radio station in my car to ABC NewsRadio and it was carrying the news that Prince Philip had died (I changed the station at approximately 2345 last night AEST- UTC+10). Even though it was last night, it will be up there with the deaths of Princess Diana (in 1997) and Michael Jackson (in 2009) or the disintegration of the Colombia Space Shuttle upon reentry (in 2003) as one of those things that you remember where you were when you heard the news.

Last edited:
Breaking News from Australia: Disgraced medical entrepreneur and former owner of the Sydney Swans Geoffrey Edelsten has died aged 78 (Flamboyant businessman Geoffrey Edelsten dead at 78).

And earlier this week, South Korean footballer Yoo Sang-Chul, who represented South Korea at the 2002 FIFA World Cup when they finished fourth, died from cancer aged 49

Last edited:
Former US Secretary of State Donald Rumsfeld has died from multiple myeloma aged 88. He would be remembered for that grossly incomprehensible speech before the War on Iraq which I have decided not to republish due to it being so incomprehensible.

Found the quote from Donald Rumsfeld from just before the Iraq War for those who are interested (I decided to be game enough to post the quote):

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. These are things we don't know we don't know."

Anime voice actress Philece Sampler passed a few days ago. She had several roles in Digimon, including Mimi and Cody

WHAT oh no :( I'm so sad to hear this, I've only heard her in a few things but I really liked her work. She wasn't very old, either. That's so upsetting. :(

Anime voice actress Philece Sampler passed a few days ago. She had several roles in Digimon, including Mimi and Cody

First time I saw something with her was The Incredible Hulk 1996 animated series as the second va in the show for Betty Ross.

She even appeared in the 1977 live action TIH series episode Dark Side as Laurie Schulte.

Also to anyone in general a RIP for Richard Donner who did some acting or cameos, but is known for directing movies like Goonies and Superman The Movie.

Despite the limitations of the 70s he indeed made us believe a man could fly.

Much loved English-Australian entertainer Jonathan "Jono" Coleman (who most recently appeared on Network 10's Studio 10 as well as being one of the original lineup of Simon Townsend's Wonder World as well as having worked in his native UK on BBC London, Sir Richard Branson’s Virgin Radio (‘Russ and Jono’) and a long, successful stint at Heart 106.2 (1998-2005)) has lost his battle with prostate cancer aged 65 (Vale: Jonathan Coleman | TV Tonight)

I don't think this has been mentioned, but British darts player Andy "The Viking" Fordham (who also appeared as Johnny Vega's mascot on an episode of 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown) has died from organ failure aged 59.

Back
Top Bottom