• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

In Memoriam: Celebrities

I remember when I was a senior in high school, I took a comedy class and we watched an episode of the Golden Girls. At the time, Rue McClanahan was still alive (she actually wound up passing away only a month or two later), and we were discussing how sad it was that only half of the Golden Girls were still alive. It's very strange and sad now that all four of them are gone, but honestly props to Betty White for making it to nearly 100! That is seriously impressive.

Last edited:
Ronnie Spector, who formed The Ronettes in the 1960s (with her sister Estelle Bennett and cousin Nedra Talley) has died aged 78 after a brief battle with cancer (Ronnie Spector dies aged 78 after 'brief battle' with cancer, family announces) (Ronnie Spector, Who Brought Edge to Girl-Group Sound, Dies at 78). Below is a couple of songs that featured Ronnie Spector, including "Be My Baby" by The Ronettes and "Take Me Home Tonight" by Eddie Money that featured Ronnie Spector.

Last edited:
Over the past couple of days, Australia has lost two cricketing greats. It was only just yesterday that news of the death of Rod Marsh from a heart attack suffered a week before was doing the rounds (Vale: Rod Marsh | TV Tonight), and now another Australian cricketing legend has died, this time Shane Warne from a heart attack (Vale: Shane Warne | TV Tonight ; Shane Warne, Australia's legendary legspinner, dies aged 52). I was at the local shopping centre just over an hour ago and on one of the screens at The Sporting Globe, FOX Cricket was showing a tribute to Shane Warne (he was a commentator for FOX Cricket in case you were wondering) and I heard that his name was being thrown around as the new England cricket coach before he died.

Last edited:
Scott Hall, a wrestler famous from his days in the nWo and as Razor Ramon, passed away yesterday from complications of hip replacement surgery. It let to a blood clot that caused three heart attacks. Kevin Nash, his partner in the Outsiders, wrote a particularly heartrending post on his Instagram about it, not to mention many others. He was taken off life support yesterday afternoon and passed away shortly thereafter. Never watched during the Attitude Era, but knew how influential he was on the industry and seen many clips of him.

A couple of months ago, I mentioned the deaths of former Australian cricketers Rod Marsh and Shane Warne. Sadly, 2022 has claimed yet another former Australian cricketer with Andrew Symonds killed in a car crash outside Townsville (Vale: Andrew Symonds | TV Tonight).

George Perez, a comic book artist and writer. Most famous for being one of the people who created the defining Teen Titan comic book runs and created Dick Grayson's Nightwing persona has recently passed away (May 6th, 2022) due to pancreatic cancer. And this week, I was reading the newest Nightwing issue and this happened.

This hurt a lot more than it should.

He's the one in the truck, waving to a character he help developed and redefine to greater heights.

Rest in peace Vangelis (29 March 1943 – 17 May 2022). One of the best movie soundtrack composers of all time and a genius musician in general.

Yup, Kazuki Takahashi died today. There were rumors that it was a shark attack, but I guess they are fake since I can't find a cause of death for him.
What a shame. :( I don't really have much to do with Yu-Gi-Oh! these days, but it was a big part of my teens and my main gateway into anime, so I was shocked when I saw the news.

Last edited:
Today we lost Bernard Cribbins, one of Britain's most beloved actors has passed at the age of 93. :cry:

Young'uns today probably only know him from his work in Doctor Who, but he had a long career appearing in many things such as several Carry On films, Alfred Hitchcock's Frenzy, and the legendary Railway Children to name a few. That last one is particularly relevant as earlier this month they released a bastardised "sequel" film trying to be socially relevant to the modern day, but that's neither here nor there.

Bill Russell is the greatest winner in NBA history with a total of 11 Championships and is widely regarded as the league's greatest defensive player.

11x NBA Champion
5x League MVP
12x All-Star
3x All-NBA First Team
8x All-NBA Second Team
1x All-Defensive First Team (He'd have more if this award existed a lot sooner in his career)
4x Rebounding Champion

Back
Top Bottom