• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

In Memoriam: Celebrities

The guy who played george jefferson on "the jeffersons" died. :( And if I can recall was'nt he on "all in the family"? Since i did'nt watch the latter show.

I haven't been keeping an eye in the media so I just heard about this now, but RIP Sherman Hemsley. You were a great actor who always made me laugh, whether it was on the Jeffersons, Amen, or the Fresh Prince of Bel Air. You will be missed. ;.;

RIP Mary Tamm of Doctor Who fame. She was a much-loved actress who we tragically lost yesterday.

1950 - 2012

^^^ Wait that guy died? O: Oh shit I watched that show when I was 10 and found it fucking hilarious...the poor bastard :(

Rest in peace, Phyllis Diller. I was never too familiar with her comedy while she was alive outside of her being on The Muppet Show, so maybe this is a good time to check her out.

But I digress. She was 95 and she had a good run.

I heard about Neil's death earlier today. It was so odd to hear. I took a second to think to myself "Is this for real?"

RIP Neil.

Michael Clarke Duncan dead at 54: ‘The Green Mile’ actor dies from heart attack

Michael Clarke Duncan dead at 54: ‘The Green Mile’ actor dies nearly two months after suffering heart attack* - NY Daily News

MIchael Clarke Duncan died Monday morning in a Los Angeles hospital, says his fiancee.
Actor Michael Clarke Duncan, the miraculous mountain of muscle in the Oscar-nominated film "The Green Mile," died Monday in Los Angeles after a massive heart attack in July.

The hulking 6-foot-5, 325-pound movie star passed away early in the day at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center at age 54, his rep confirmed to the Daily News.

“(He) suffered a myocardial infarction on July 13 and never fully recovered,” the rep said.

Michael Clarke Duncan and Omarosa Manigault-Stallworth at the premiere of 'Act of Valor' on Feb. 13.

His fiancée, Omarosa Manigault, a reality TV star and Baptist minister, performed CPR on Duncan when she found him unresponsive the morning he entered the hospital seven weeks ago, a source told The News.

Duncan left the intensive care unit in early August but remained hospitalized.

“Manigault is grateful for all of your prayers and asks for privacy at this time,” Duncan’s rep said, adding that public and private memorials would be announced soon.

“I'll miss you, my brother,” actor Dwayne (The Rock) Johnson, Duncan’s co-star in 2002 flick “The Scorpion King,” wrote on Twitter.

Aw man, I loved this guy. :bawl: He was so awesome in The Green Mile and The Scorpion King. :bawl:

You'll be missed, Michael. God bless. ;__;

Last edited:
Re: Michael Clarke Duncan dead at 54: ‘The Green Mile’ actor dies from heart attack

May he rest in peace. We will remember him through his roles.

Re: Michael Clarke Duncan dead at 54: ‘The Green Mile’ actor dies from heart attack

"You tell God the Father it was a kindness you done. I know you hurtin' and worryin', I can feel it on you, but you oughta quit on it now. Because I want it over and done. I do. I'm tired, boss. Tired of bein' on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. Tired of not ever having me a buddy to be with, or tell me where we's coming from or going to, or why. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly to each other. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world everyday. There's too much of it. It's like pieces of glass in my head all the time. Can you understand?" - John Coffey, The Green Mile.

May he rest in peace.
I am sure he is one of the few that will not be easily forgotten.

Rest in peace Clive Dunn – some of you may not know who Clive Dunn was, but he died recently sadly. He featured in many wonderful British television shows, most famously of all of course Dad’s Army.

A comedy sitcom, which ran from 1968 to 1977 it, was focused on a group of home guard soldiers charged to protect Britain during the Second World War. This group wasn’t very efficient & would often get things wrong hilariously. Clive Dunn played the role of the character Lance-Corporal Jack Jones in the show, one of the most fondly remembered of the cast.

In later life Clive campaigned against nuclear weapons & will be greatly missed, as what he was… a good man who could make you laugh.

Losing Lucille Bliss was a horrible tragedy. It makes me realize how much she put into Invader ZIM, the thing (along with Linkin Park) closest to my heart. Ms. Bitters, though seemingly unrelatable and unappealing, was hilarious, fascinating, and as necessary to the show as Gaz. I'm completely devastated by her death. Every member of ZIM has come to feel like my family and friends. She cheered me up and gave me joy countless times. It hurts to smile now. I'd give anything to have her back again.

Back
Top Bottom