• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

In Memoriam: Celebrities

RIP Mike Smith, one of yesteryear's great Radio 1 DJs and Top of the Pops presenters. My condolences to Sarah Greene.

Rest in Peace Casey Kasem, who did the voice of Scooby Doo and Norville “Shaggy” Rogers in Scooby Doo between 1969 and 1997 and again between 2002 and 2009. He also did America's Top 40 (Vale: Casey Kasem | TV Tonight).

Huh? Kasem never voiced Scooby, only Shaggy. Someone else, the same actor that did Fred, voiced Scooby.

But yeah, RIP Casey Kasem. :(

Also, RIP Chuck Noll, the greatest coach the Pittsburgh Steelers ever had. They're going to wear a decal in his memory this NFL season.

Sorry for the double post, but...

RIP Robin Williams. *sniff*

That's half my favorite actors now counting Casey Kasem. And in such a short time (the remaining two are Matthew Broderick and Robert Downey Jr.)... WHY?! D:

EDIT: Oh, I didn't double post after all. Oops. But still.

It's surreal isn't it? At least for me because I had no idea Robin Williams was dealing with depression, so the news is shocking. He's made a lot of classic movies with great roles, not mention he's incredibly funny. RIP

Shocked. I wasn't a big fan of his and I wont pretend I 'loved' his work but he was definitely an icon, even if his humor was lost on me. You could tell he was a genuinely lovely guy and it's so sad. To think about the mental state he was in to do something like that. Depression is a horrible thing and if anything positive can come out of this, it's awareness about just how debilitating living with it can be. That's something that quite a few people don't seem to understand.

I had just shown a friend Death to Smoochy this past weekend, and now this. Seriously sad, I really loved how the man could play a role.

I'm also a bit :-( by this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6hmQwfEmzc

Easily one of his most amusing and best roles
The truly sad thing? We lost two actors from that great film. Smee (Bob Hoskins) and Peter (Robin Williams). It's heartbreaking.

For me, Robin Williams will always be Mork from Mork and Mindy. I grew up on that show so it feels like I've lost a bit of my childhood hearing this news.

I'll miss you, Mork. The universe just isn't as funny without you in it.

Back
Top Bottom