• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

In Memoriam: Celebrities

Very sad about Richard Attenborough. At least he died at a good age. 90 isn't bad at all. RIP.

The sad thing is I had an idea we'd be losing Joan Rivers: her daughter stated about a day or so before her death that she'd been moved to a private room and was being kept comfortable. No word of recovery. So when I heard the news yesterday, I wasn't terribly surprised.

It still sucks, though.

RIP. It's amazing how she could go from Gosalyn to Chuckie to Dexter. A true talent in the voice acting industry, and she will be missed. Taken too soon.

I just found out about Christine Cavanaugh today. She was one of my favorite voice actresses and was really hoping one day she would return from retirement to continue voice acting.

May she rest in peace. Agreed, Pinball Wizard. She was taken too soon.

Today is indeed a sad day, as we mark the passing of Leonard Nimoy.

Most remember him as Mr. Spock from Star Trek but to Transformers fans, we remember him as the voice of Galvatron in the 1986 Transformers animated movie and Sentinel Prime in Dark of the Moon.

Farewell, Mr. Nimoy. You are sorely missed already.

Today is indeed a sad day, as we mark the passing of Leonard Nimoy.

Most remember him as Mr. Spock from Star Trek but to Transformers fans, we remember him as the voice of Galvatron in the 1986 Transformers animated movie and Sentinel Prime in Dark of the Moon.

Farewell, Mr. Nimoy. You are sorely missed already.

:bawl: He was the best actor in TOS by miles & always came across as a charming & dignified man in interviews

Vale Sam Simon (Vale: Sam Simon | TV Tonight). As a fan of The Simpsons, I was a little shocked about the news about his death, but not surprised about the news as he announced two years ago (almost to the day) that he had terminal cancer and had months to live. He lived life to the full, helping train animals for returned US veterans with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder as well as "hearing-ear" dogs for those who are hard of hearing through the Sam Simon Foundation (The Simpsons Archive: Simpsons News (The Springfield Times)). He is now at that rainbow bridge in the sky. RIP.

Last edited:
I've just heard of the death of Sir Terry Pratchett, the author of the Discworld series. His books have been a huge part of my life - I can't think of another current writer with the same combination of comedy, satire & social commentary in their work.

death-and-friends.jpg

AHH, MR. PRATCHETT, COME WITH ME - I HAVE SOMETHING SPECIAL ARRANGED FOR YOU

Okay, 2015 is beginning to piss me off. :/

We've now lost John Stephenson. He was known well for voicing Mister Slate on The Flintstones and Dr Benton Quest on Jonny Quest, but I'll always remember him as Thundercracker on The Transformers. I count myself lucky to have met him at BotCon 2001. He was a very sweet man and he will be dearly missed.

Last edited:
All of everyone's jokes about "the immortal Christopher Lee" (it was a favorite running gag of mine) have caught up with him. Lee was one of those actors who seemed to show up in everything I saw as a child, for no particular reason other than that he was just a damn good actor, and he never lost his touch. I don't think any of us imagined a day when Christopher Lee would finally catch up with the rest of the "Hammer horror" alumni, even when he was in his 90s. Now I just want to know the secret to his longevity.

Back
Top Bottom