• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

In Memoriam: Celebrities

July 2022 has been a shocking month in entertainment deaths
  • Takahashi Kazuki - creator of Yu-Gi-Oh
  • James Caan - Sonny Corleone (The Godfather) and Paul Sheldon (Misery)
  • David Warner - "Evil" (Time Bandits), Sark and Master Control Program (Tron), and Lovejoy (Titanic)
  • Paul Sorvino - Eddie Valentine (The Rocketeer) and Capulet (Romeo + Juliet)
  • Bernard Cribbins - Wilfred Mott (Doctor Who)
  • Nichelle Nichols - Uhura (Star Trek)
  • Pat Carroll - Ursula (The Little Mermaid and Kingdom Hearts)

David Warner, yeah even not viewing much of his mainstream works, he did a lot of voice acting overall and such.

Probably his most notable and others include:
1. The Lobe- Freakazoid!, which he reprised not too long ago in the crossover with Teen Titans Go, episode Huggbee.

2. Ra's al Ghul- First person to portray him outside the comics and his VA in the DCAU in Batman, Superman and Batman Beyond.

3. Archmage- Gargoyles and his performance made a difference as Greg Weisman planned for the villain to be a one time enemy who was a clichéd sorcerer. But Warner's voice gave him an unplanned menace and threat. Thus attempting an arc with the character, plus having him as a regular in the planned spinoff Dark Ages.

4. Herbert Landon- Not his most notable, but still recurring role in Spider-Man The Animated Series which started with a two parter with the cast of X-Men The Animated Series.

My first exposure to him was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II Secret of the Ooze as the TGRI scientist Jordan Perry. His character was supposed to be revealed that an Utrom from the comics, but was scrapped for belief that the audience would mistake him as Krang from the 1987 cartoon.

And yeah, beside her role in TOS, Nichols was among the cast to reprise her character in Star Trek The Animated Series from the 70s, and voiced herself several times on Futurama.

She also did recurring voice work on Gargoyles as Diane, the mother of regular character Elisa Maya and the only TOS regular to do voice work on the series.

Nichols also did voice work a couple times on Spider-Man The Animated Series as Miriam the Vampire Queen and Blade's mother.

Olivia Newton-John has lost her battle with cancer aged 73 (Vale: Olivia Newton-John | TV Tonight)
I'm very sheltered when it comes to celebrities and the content they've producted/contributed to, but this is very very sad. Partner is pretty upset by it and his playlist for the day is involving a lot of her music... =( Rest in peace.

This is something that hasn't happened in my GRANDPARENT's lifetime. Pretty surreal
Speaking for all the fourm members, this is indeed surreal as no one on the forums had a new monarch in their lifetime (my two remaining grandparents are among only a few relatives of mine that were born before the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II), so I think for the majority of the world's population (like my parents), this will be a shock.

It's unbelievable. Only a few days ago, the Queen was swearing in our new Prime Minister and now she's gone just like that. Even though she was still determined to carry out her duties, I don't think she was really the same after losing Phillip.

At least she lived long enough to see the Platinum Jubilee celebrations. The sketch with her and Paddington still cracks me up.

Last edited:
American rapper Coolio (who had a hit with "Gangsta's Paradise" which was for the movie Dangerous Minds) has died from a cardiac arrest aged 59.

Not as familiar with his famous stuff, but I remember his now unavailable guest appearance on All That and the still available opening for Kenan & Kel.

Anthony Robert McMillan better known as Robbie Coltrane has passed at the age of 72.

Harry Potter fans come together for a moment of silence for Hagrid. :cry:
1665769335631.png

Back
Top Bottom