• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

In the Pokémon World, where would you like to live?

In what Pokémon region would you choose to live?

• Kanto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Johto

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Unova

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Kalos

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Alola

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Galar

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Sevii Islands

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

Boss1708

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
In the Pokémon World, where would you like to live? In what Region, and in what particular town or city?

You can choose one main residence, and also one holiday residence.

Last edited:
Main residence: Unova, Opelucid City (Black version)
Holiday residence: Sinnoh, Hearthome City

So the setting won't get repetitive when going to Hearthome, plus with Opelucid City, I can look to where I will train Dragon-types so I wouldn't underestimate their strength and power.

Main residence: Unova, Icarus City
Holiday residence: Sinnoh, Snowpoint City

I like relatively quiet areas, as I tend to dislike large, crowded cities (mainly due to crippling social phobia), especially if they get lots of snow, as not only do I like the snow and cold, but 95% of the time my health increases during colder weather. It also worth mentioning that I practically melt in hot months, thus can't live anywhere tropical, and have heat-triggered asthma, so Hoenn and Alola are out for sure. Anyway, Icarus City looks like a nice size, cheerful residents, and also gets plenty of snow and the swamp ices over for ice skating. As for my holiday residence, Snowpoint City would definitely be my cup of tea. Not only is it in a mountainous region, like where I currently live, but peaceful, quiet, and has plenty of cold, snowy days. Not to mention the people there are quite warm and friendly, so it'd be a nice place to kick back, relax, and maybe do some sledding or snowboarding. On top of that, both areas are where the resident Ice-type Gym Leader is, which is my favorite type, so that'd be a boon to me.

Main Residence: Olivine City, Johto.
It is a very relaxing city, with a cool sea breeze, and we would get daily fresh Moo-Moo milk from the nearby farm. It would also give me easy access to Kanto via ship. Also, the Johto Frontier is very close, so I can battle there as often as I want!

Holiday residence: Rustboro City, Hoenn.
I have always liked Rustboro. It is big, technologically advanced due to Devon, but it also has fresh air because of the surrounding nature.

Last edited:
Main Residence: Hearthome City, Sinnoh.
This was always my favorite city in the Sinnoh region since it's very family friendly. It has the Super Contest Hall (contests being one of my favorite side activities to do) and Amity Square to relax with my Pokémon, so I certainly wouldn't be bored. Plus it has a church, I'm religious myself so it's another nice place for me to go to if I lived there.

Holiday Residence: Ballonlea, Galar.
Okay I was originally going to put this as my main residence since Galar is tied with Sinnoh as my favorite region, but Sinnoh beat it out cause gen IV. Anyway I chose Ballonlea cause I find it to be a very beautiful town, I'm a sucker for small towns in forest areas. Forests are pretty peaceful and I'd love to vacation here for some peace and quiet, plus with it's theme it reminds me of cute towns you see in other fantasy games/anime. (it also reminds me of that all female Witches' Forest in Black Clover, since Ballonlea is mostly female residents)

I would like to live in Snowbelle City... I like snow and I've wanted to live there ever since I was 12 (lol). I would go into the forest for fun too or see off strong trainers going to the elite four. another city I like a lot is Violet City bc Johto as a whole is very comforting and I like the places near it, like Sprout Tower and the Ruins of Alph. Falkner is also cool

there are also really pretty towns like seafolk, sootopolis, laverre, etc. but i like the other two more bc it would be fun ^^ i dont know about my holiday residence though

Main residence: Hoenn, Verdanturf Town
Holiday residence: Kanto, Viridian City
First of all, my opinion is based on the games and not the anime.

Secondly, I voted for Hoenn. I love Johto's Japanese vibe and Kanto has a big place in my heart, but Hoenn is the greener place and the first game (Sapphire) were I had more than 999hrs of gameplay because of the fauna and flora. I also love the grass tiles and the small flower fields. I'd go for Fortree if it wasn't for Winona and her Flying-type gym (I'll never understand why a Grass Gym wasn't there in the first place) and because my favourite secret bases where mostly there. I'd go on vacations to Viridian because i just love the mood there and it's closer to a forest and Pallet.

PS: I would love to own the mansion in Eterna Forest and live there (after exorcising the place...or not :p Trevenant could like it) or have a place in Eterna City south of the Dialkia statue or perhaps run the herb store.
One of the most amazing thinks throughout my life playing the games is that the scenery and music always created lots of places where I'd like to live with my Pkmn friends. :bulbaWave:

Main Residence: Galar, Circhester
Holiday Residence: Johto, a cabin by the Lake of Rage

I immediately fell in love with Circhester when I first saw it while playing through Sword and Shield. I would enjoy a constant view of my writing inspiration (snow), while wrapped up in a warm blanket in my small, cozy apartment. Then, for the holidays I would go to Johto to my cabin retreat by the Lake of Rage. A quiet, but happy life.

Honorable mention: It was very difficult to choose my main residence between Circhester and Snowbelle City in Kalos.

Main Residence:
Sinnoh. It reminds me a lot of my actual home, Washington state - in fact I remember saying this to my friends back when I first played DP, before I found out that it was actually based on Hokkaido. It also had the highest number of new Pokémon that I really liked.

Holiday Residence:
Tough call, but I'd probably go with Hoenn. Alola seems like it'd be too touristy for my tastes, and Kalos would probably be way too expensive to have a second home in. Hoenn seems like kind of a compromise choice - warm for a nice getaway from the winter but with some of that Johto-like culture & plenty of outdoor activities to do. And technically you can just build a Secret Base and use that as your holiday residence virtually for free.

Main residence: Sinnoh, Hearthome City. It's lovely there. Sinnoh isn't too warm either, so I think it woild be a pleasant region to live in. There's also contests there, and that's fun to have.

Vacation residence: Lumiose City, in Kalos. There's lots of food and stores there, it'd be a nice place to go to exploring with my family. Kalos is also a lovely region, and Lumiose is at the center of it all so I can visit other towns as I please

Main: Laverre City, Kalos
I really like the atmosphere of mystery and a bit of fairy-tale like charm, because it's obviously where a Fairy gym would be located. But even the routes leading to it are my favorites (route 14 and the scary-ness while routes 15 and 16 are very beautiful and make me feel nostalgic).

Vacation: Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
I think it'd be a fun place and I would love to live in a snowy area. Plus it's calm and seems like the perfect place to relax.

I would live in both Unova and Alola. Especially Alola.

Main residence would be Castelia or Aspertia City in Unova. Holiday residence would be in Hau'oli City in Alola.

I like Kalos most of all, but it would be awesome to live in Alola as it is mostly beaches. Unova looks very nice and interesting too.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom