• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

In the Tood: something something Pokemon

screw the subtitle i have no ideas anymore, i give up
  • 15. Reference list
    This is now an opinions and headcanon blog because I feel like it.

This is my favorite and least favorite pokemon by type. For self-reference, mostly.

My reasons are petty because i'm not writing paragraphs for all 36 of them

Normal: Staraptor
    • Best regional bird. In gen 4 I usually just have one start close combatting things to death around gym 6/iron island because I can. I had a level 100 one in my first Diamond playthrough. Its name was STARAPTOR because small me decided not to use nicknames for whatever reason.
    Fire: Chandelure
    • It's pretty.
    Water: Wooper
    • It's cute. Not too keen on Quagsire, though
    Electric: Magnezone
    • It looks cool. It's probably the closest thing to a UFO Pokemon we have (maybe?) and that's cool.
    Grass: Oddish
    • some other post said:
      My first level 100 Pokemon was a Vileplume named Nerdone in Pokemon Sapphire. I taught it Cut, Return, Double-Edge, and Petal Dance since I was a clueless seven year old. I also had a tendency of catching every Oddish and Gloom I saw in the game, and I named them all Nerdone too. Each Nerdone had a letter or number after it so that I could tell each Nerdone apart.
    Ice: Froslass
    • It's pretty
    Poison: Swalot.
    • It's cute. Gulpin is cute.
    Ground: Dugtrio
    • Alolan Dugtrio is stupid-looking, but it's a likeable stupid-looking to me.
    Flying: Drifloon
    • some other post said:
      Its design is so simple and round, I just love it. It's been a main player for me in many playthroughs of Diamond, and in Black 2.
    Bug: Scizor
    • It's cool-looking. It's also the signature Pokemon of my favorite character, so that's neat.
    Psychic: Metagross
    • It's cool-looking. I also lile Steven, so there's that.
    Rock: Barbaracle
    • some other post said:
      An unexpected favorite of mine. I didn't even catch my own Binacle until after the post-game of X, but I ended up really loving it. Its dex entry said that if one Binacle got angry at the other, it'd just leave to go to a different rock, and for some reason I find that really cute. It's also really ugly-cute, in my eyes. They're adorable in Pokemon-Amie. Barbaracle is awesome because it's just a bunch of barnacles and rocks mixed up to make a hand monster, which is a neat take on the multi-headed Pokemon.
    Ghost: Mismagius
    • I had a level 100 one in SoulSilver. Its name was Purply.
    Dragon: Hydreigon
    • It's cool-looking. Sucks that it's a lategame Unova mon with high evolution levels.
    Dark: Drapion
    • Not actually a bug, don't know why I like this, but I do
    Steel: Aegislash
    • It has a fun gimmick and a neat type combo. Wikstrom is cool too because he's a knight with a sword and shield Pokemon. Put him in SwSh please.
    Fairy: Mimikyu
    • It's cute. It's also pretty good in battle.
    Fighting: Gallade
    • It's cool-looking.

Normal: Watchog
    • It look rabid or insane or something with those eyes. It's ugly.
    Fire: Heatmor
    • It's ugly
    Water: Bruxish
    • It's really ugly
    Electric: Thundurus
    • some other post said:
      They're ugly and a bit too palette-swappy for me. The Therian forms are a lot better, but I don't see why they couldn't have looked like that from the start
    Grass: Bellossom
    • some other post said:
      Oddish, Gloom, and Vileplume look like they belong in the same evolution chain. They're blue. Oddish has leafs, Gloom had dead leafs and a bud, Vileplume has a full flower. Bellossom makes less sense to me. It has a skirt now. It has two head flowers. It's green. It's not Poison-type anymore. Like why? Especially that last part, give me back my poison STAB. Gamefreak could have maybe redeemed it a bit in my eyes by making it part Fairy or something but nooooooooo. It was also the only excuse for Oddish to be in Alola, and it didn't get in anyway. It's a hula dancer, for crying out loud. Or wait, it was in the game: as an overworld Bellossom in a hotel with no purpose other than to rub it in the faces of people like me. Oddish and any other of its evos didn't in either, why is it there at all?
    Ice: Lapras
    Poison: Skuntank
    • See above but replace lorelei with jupiter(?)
    Ground: Landorus
    • See thundurus
    Flying: Tornadus
    • See thundurus
    Bug: Buzzwole
    • It's ugly
    Psychic: Sigilyph
    • It's ugly
    Rock: Carracosta
    • All the other fossils look like dinosaurs or extinct things. Carracosta is too, but it just looks too much like a normal sea turtle to me. It also had the same type combo as the Gen 1 fossils and I'm just sad we didn't get something else.
    Ghost: Dhelmise
    • I like all the ghosts, but I kind of forgot this one existed, so...
    Dragon: Druddigon
    • Not too keen on its design, but I don't think it's ugly.
    Dark: Mandibuzz
    • I am afraid of birds in real life and this is the scariest bird.
    Steel: Forretress
    • I also like all steel types too. Forretress just has kind of a bland design. I always imagine it as wearing glasses for some reason.
    Fairy: Primarina
    • Turns out I also like most of the fairies? Primarina is last based on elimination, but I have nothing against it.
    Fighting: Conkeldurr
    • Ugly + trade evo = no for me...

Last edited:
    Back
    Top Bottom