• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

In The Uk, do they call it "Pokemon Centre"?

As long as it is in some form of English then I'm happy.

I did talk to all of the NPC's in the Veilstone Game Corner to see if we would get any British English spellings due to the changes but all of the words used had no alternative spellings.
/uninteresting paragraph.

I think it's kinda odd that out of all English speaking countries, one uses American spelling, and the rest of the world use the original British, and yet so much of the worldwide media chooses to use the American spelling. (sorry if there actually are other countires that use US English I just can't think of any).

The US has this conspiracy with destroying the queen's english, and it's been going on for decades now:

Step 1, over saturate the media with a constant stream of american movies and television
Step 2, infiltrate the crown
Step 3, Force American Translations in Japanese games

and finally Step 4, create a satellite to send hypnotic brainwaves to change all British Accents into Brooklyn Accents. This one hasn't happened yet.

I'm warning you now, but I might have to delete this post because the government will surely come after me!

Well, it's not that bad, Latin America always gets English versions of the games (all the games) and if any game comes here in Spanish it's always Spain Spanish and not Neutral Spanish

The US has this conspiracy with destroying the queen's english, and it's been going on for decades now:

Step 1, over saturate the media with a constant stream of american movies and television
Step 2, infiltrate the crown
Step 3, Force American Translations in Japanese games

and finally Step 4, create a satellite to send hypnotic brainwaves to change all British Accents into Brooklyn Accents. This one hasn't happened yet.

I'm warning you now, but I might have to delete this post because the government will surely come after me!

Then they all can sing Brooklyn Rage with Joey. <3

Last edited:
Well, for what it's worth, I can confirm that it's also "center" (WRONG) in Canada.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom