• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

In this topic, we watch Bush dodge shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
bushduckfullmc8.gif

If you haven't heard yet, there was an assassination attempt made on President Bush while he was having a press conference in Iraq. The deadly weapon used in the attack...was a shoe. Two shoes, size 10, to be exact. Well, okay. It's not so much an assassination attempt as it was an insult in Iraqi culture (maybe a chemical weapon if he has smelly feet), but the assaliant got taken down by bodyguards afterwards nonetheless.

So what does Bush do? He ducks the shoe like Neo, laughs, and ducks the other shoe. Then he just continues on with the conference, completely unscathed, even making light of the incident and pretty much telling the secret service guy to just back off in protecting him. The Iraqi Prime Minister even takes a swipe at the second shoe. It's pretty badass stuff.

http://www.welt.de/english-news/art...orter-throws-shoes-at-Bush-calls-him-dog.html - Images, article
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/28223089#28223089 - Full Video

Last edited:
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

EPICK GIF that is all.

Bush may be an idiot, but he has amazing reflexes. That was the most epic dodge I've seen in my entire life.

You have REALLY made my day right there! XD

EPIC.

A wild President appeared! Pokéball, go!

Argh! Almost had it!
(Sorry, couldn't stop myself.)

More like "You missed the President!"

With an oversized Pokeball that doesn't require much in the way of strength to throw at that. And a pie would not have been better! It's not quite as ridiculous as a shoe, and most of the fun of that is the target getting hit. I have seen at least one political person get pied, though (Jean Chrétien, I think). What would've been funnier, though, is if a secret service agent jumped out in front of the shoe.

As much as everybody hates Bush, he's basically made pop culture in the last few years. Half the jokes you see on TV or read on the internet or hear from your friends are about him, and his influence on things.

Pretty good dodge there Bush. Almost as though...he's had practice dodging things thrown at him.

Bush had this coming.
But is anybody else thinking about the "Boot To The Head" sketch?

As much as I hate the reduction of great music to a meme...

Someone totally needs to set this clip to that long instrumental part of Ghost Love Score by Nightwish.

One might say that Bush is a SHOE-IN of a diplomat.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahaha... haha...

... :(

With all the disagreements between conservatives and liberals concerning Bush, we finally have one thing we can agree on. The man sure can dodge a shoe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom