• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

In Which Generation Did You Start Playing Pokémon, and what was your first game?

In Which Generation Did You Start Playing Pokémon? (Updated to Gen IX)

• Total voters
Reaction score
What was the your first pokémon game?
And which gen did you start playing?

For me, it was gen III with Sapphire.
I played Blue and Crystal back in 2002, but those don't count since they were in a plane's entertainment system. :p

Last edited:
I don't know if a thread about this subject already exists, but since I dont remember talking about said subject, I'll post.

The first pokemon game I ever got and played was Pokémon Silver.
After that, I played Blue and Crystal before going to the gen III games.

My first game was Pokémon Silver. ^_^
Funnily enough, my first GameBoy (a GameBoy Pocket) was also silver, as is my current DS. :|

But yeah, that was the only Pokémon game I actually owned (though a lot of my friends' lent me theirs when they couldn't be bothered and I'd complete them for them) until I got Ruby.

Mine was pokemon gold and after i got it i couldnt get enough. I then went through on pokemon blue and now ive gone through every pokemon game created so far on a handheld accept platinum due to it hasnt been released in Aus.

But nowdays, my gold,blue and yellow have all had their saves deleted by the death of the battery. But the memory of the time and fun i had with those games will last forever.

Happy Holidays

I'm sure I remeber answering this question. Anyway:

Pokemon Silver. It's broken now though :(

Pokemon Blue was my first game, still cannot believe that I used to prefer Shiggy to Charmander. Oh the shame!

Mine was blue. Now, out of a force of habit, my character is always called Blue, and my starter is usually a Blastoise lol

Mwahaha Gold was the first game I played but I played Pokemon Jr. before that. Does anyone remember that game?

Mine was Pokemon Yellow. I played it all the time when I was sick. I have like 124 Pokemon on it now. But, I never play it anymore :/

My first was LeafGreen, mostly because I haven't been a fan nearly as long as the rest of us all here. ^_^;

Mwahaha Gold was the first game I played but I played Pokemon Jr. before that. Does anyone remember that game?

Pokemon Jr., I have that game! Anyways, back on topic, my first game was Pokemon Yellow. I was watching my brother play it one day and he randomly let me start a new game. Ah, good old Pikachu.

I remember that my mom bought me a gameboy and pokémon Yellow at the same time, but I don't know why I have pokémon blue as well . .

so one of the two, I'm assuming.

My brother got a game boy pocket for his birthday and bought Pokemon red and i was naturally jealous as i 4 yr old or whatever i was and for my Christmas my parents bought me blue and i game boy pocket.

My first Pokemon game was Sapphire. It was a Christmas present, and I had fun playing it and training the Pokemon, but I was so new to the series that it's actually funny now that I look back at it.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom