• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

In Which Generation Did You Start Playing Pokémon, and what was your first game?

In Which Generation Did You Start Playing Pokémon? (Updated to Gen IX)

• Total voters
Gen III- FireRed. I have every main series game released in English but Blue and Black, though. (And Sapphire, but that's just misplaced somewhere in my room...)

I was a very late arrival to the party. I started in December 2008 with Pearl (I remember that very clearly because Platinum came out in '09 and I got it a week after it came out). When they unlock Bulbapedia I'll have a good long monologue there.

I started playing Pokemon really late in Gen III. My first game was either Pokemon Ranger or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team.

Yellow Version for me.

But I couldn't read yet, so the first game that I understood what was going on was probably silver.

Pokémon Crystal. I still have the cartridge and walkthrough magazine, but sadly I borrowed my magenta GBC to a person I'm not friends with anymore. ;_;

Red version nearly right after release. Saw strategy in Nintendo Power and it looked cool. Paid in cash plus several dollars in change that included pennies. Worth annoying the cashier.

When I was four...Pokemon Gold and Sliver. Then I played Pokemon Blue then worked my way up to now.

I started playing Red version in Generation I, but I didn't own my own game until a few years later when my friend gave me her old gameboy and Yellow Version. I wish I knew what happened to that game... TT__TT

Gen IV, Pearl. I got mine a few days after release.

There was an article in some random magazine about it, so I bought it. It was $35, and worth it. I have almost 200 hours logged on it.

My first Pokémon game I played was Yellow when I was umm...nine or ten years old. So in the 1st generation.

Sapphire was my first game. Sadly, I didn't get to experience Johto at all until HGSS, as none of my friends had GSC.

I started in Generion IV wih Diamond... Ah, the memories of receiving Infernape...

The first game I got was Yellow, which my sister assures me I purchased after having said 'Pokémon? Looks way too babyish for me.'
Well look at me now, hundreds of hours later with at least one game from each generation :3
Babyish my arse ^_^

(don't hate me, I was young and stupid at the time of saying that xD)

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom