• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

In Which Generation Did You Start Playing Pokémon, and what was your first game?

In Which Generation Did You Start Playing Pokémon? (Updated to Gen IX)

• Total voters
I'm not sure if I've already posted in this thread, but....

Strictly speaking, my first game was Crystal, but I had played a lot of my older brothers' games beforehand. I remember I wanted to get Gold or Silver when they came out, but my brothers were already getting them, and my mom wouldn't let me buy something that we already have.

And then Crystal came out and I laughed in their face! ^o^

One word: Red since then I played pretty much through each game of the main series besides the Gen I remakes that I didn't play with as much spirit as the others and I will probably continue until I die or the series ends, whichever it is first (most likely my death since Pokémon will last forever it appears).

My dad and brother got blue and red and i would play my dads red but my first official game was yellow

Pretty sure I've posted this, but just in case I didn't it was GENI.
First game was Yellow.

Gen II, with Silver. Loved it so got Gold the next week!

Only recently, as in the last 6 months, have I actually played the original 1st Gen games. No hold items? Scared me a bit there.

Generation IV. My first game that I owned was Pearl, but the first time I played Pokémon was on a borrowed Diamond. I later bought HeartGold and FireRed.

My first Generation was 3 and my first game was Firered. However my most memorable was Emerald because I got it not too long after and I liked it more because I liked Hoenn and it's pokemon more than Kanto. Also I got lost in Rock Tunnel in Firered because I didn't know about flash.

Started at Gen I with Pokemon Blue. Lots of good times with friends. Even traded our respective Missingnos for a laugh.

Generation 1 with Pokemon Blue. Caught 'em all (except for Mew) and abused the Missing No. glitch. Also caught Missing No.

Platinum was my first Pokémon game. I wish I had started before that, but better late than never. Now I can't get enough!

The 1st game I ever played was my friend's Crystal. Then he got Sappire and I wanted it. I didn't officialy own a pokemon game until Gen III, so I guess that's really where I started.

I borrowed Pearl from my sister. I didn't really like it and gave it back. When HeartGold and SoulSiver came out I bought it and got obsessed.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom