• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

In Which Generation Did You Start Playing Pokémon, and what was your first game?

In Which Generation Did You Start Playing Pokémon? (Updated to Gen IX)

• Total voters
Red was my first, and I played all the way through to the end right around when it came out - My cousin got it as a gift but didn't like it, so I used HIS cart and my neighbor's borrowed gameboy (the original). I was a shameless addict even back then, taking stuff from these people just to get my fix, haha.

When Gold came out a few years later I was given it along with a Gameboy color. Since it was truly mine, I got far more attached to my Pokemon. Even completed the dex, sans mew, celebi, and the couple trade evolutions that required another king's rock or metal coat (politoed and scizor). Gen 2 will always be my favorite, but Gen I started it all for me.

(It freaks me out to see people saying Gen 3 or 4 was their first game... I feel so old. D:)

Generation III. I got Ruby along with a Game Boy Advanced SP for my 11th birthday. <3 I lost my game, though, and I want to find it. >:

The first game I bought was Silver, but I played Blue before that - my friend graciously let me borrow it for months and months. :D

(It freaks me out to see people saying Gen 3 or 4 was their first game... I feel so old. D:)

Well even Gen III was released between nine and five years ago, so it's been a while since then. Anyway, my first game was Leaf Green, and I've adored the series ever since, because I've got Emerald, Diamond, Platinum, Heart Gold, and Black since then.

I started from Gen 1 with Pokemon Blue. My brother got Pokemon Red. It was such a huge event. Those were the days :)

I've been around since the beginning, Pokémon Red was my first Game Boy game. I've had at least one game from each generation as well:
* Gen I: Red, Yellow, TCG
* Gen II: JP Silver, Gold
* Gen III: Sapphire, Colosseum, XD, Pinball R&S
* Gen IV: Platinum, SoulSilver, Explorers of Darkness
* Gen V: Black

My first was Blue, which my mum ought me on a whim.

And the rest, they say, is history.

I started from the first generation and my first game was Blue, which my mom's friend gave to me, since her son never played it. Then I had to save money for GBC... it took like a half year for that. I was 8 years old back then and hardly understood even a little English.

Started way back in Generation 1, before there were generations that I was aware of. I chose Red, and of course picked Charmander. By younger brother had gotten Blue, and picked Squirtle.

Started in Gen II with Crystal. Although, I did play my cousin's Pokémon Blue game :S

Sapphire for me; but it wasn't until Pearl that I really went crazy playing the games. Ah, the hours I've spent grinding unendingly...

technicly it was yellow for me, but i got stuck in the moon cave, gave up, and Silver was the game that got me hooked.

Soulsilver.... thats the first game i ever played......i dicovered DS+ games in Nov.... and let me tell you.. i missed out on so much

Aah, I started way back in the beginning, with Red. Of course, being the silly child that I was, as soon as I got Yellow for my birthday and realized it was almost exactly like Red, I sold my old game. =| Never did get to try the Missingno glitch.

I started with the 1st generation :)
Back then all my friends already owned a GameBoy with Pokémon Red/Blue. But my mother never wanted me to get one so most of the weekends, I would sit next to my friends watching them play Pokémon.

You don't believe how happy I was when I finally got a copy of Yellow a little bit later^_^ It was funny as I already knew everything about the game because I always watched my friends play. It was still fun as hell!
Today I also have Red and Blue :) The only generation where I possess all three main games.

I started with playing the third generation. However my Mom brought me both pokemon sapphire and diamond at the time the first nintendo DS was new. I played the third gen sapphire first, and then I played the forth gen pokemon diamond second ;>

Red and Blue the Anime got me interested in the Games and I still play the older Pokemon games.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom