• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

In Which Generation Did You Start Playing Pokémon, and what was your first game?

In Which Generation Did You Start Playing Pokémon? (Updated to Gen IX)

• Total voters
Sapphire was the first game I owned. Though I did play Red for a while.

First game was either Yellow or Crystal cant remember but I only knew about the games because I was searching Pokemon online when I was little, cuz i love/d the anime

Wow. I am somewhat of a n00b. I got my first game (HeartGold) earlier this year. I had wanted SoulSilver, but I was quickly pacified when I found out they weren't all that different anyway. I got Black when it came out, and Platinum about a month ago. Since then, I have received (mainly from one specific friend, which I am not sure has an account here or not) Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and FireRed.

I get hooked fast, don't I?

My first game was pokemon Blue, I started with bulbasaur because I thought it looked cool. I never beat the game until many years later when I got pokemon Pearl and finally understood what the game was about.And now looking back upon it I am so glad I started with bulbasaur because Misty's starmie was like 5 levels bigger which would have sucked if I had charmander.

Started in 1 with Blue/Red (don't remember now... 11 years ago) Then yellow then Gold... skipped everything up until Platinum, rewind to Diamond, SS, HG, rewind to Emerald, White, Black in that order.

Blue, with a Squirtle.

I remember going to Toys R Us on the game's launch day to get my copy of Blue, excitedly jumping around when the guy FINALLY put out those little coupons you'd have to buy and redeem at that magical 'back room' where they kept all the games...

...damn, I'm old.

Yellow I think it was, I'm not 100% sure though cause I have a bad memory. :p

Gen I. Blue. Bulbasaur.

Such a superb game as a child, back when it was the pinnacle of GameBoy Games. That alongside TOS anime... magic.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom