• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Indian Food

Aragorn

Reaction score
It is one of the most underrated foods ever. On my vacation , Went to coimbatore. its the second largest city in Tamil nadu. The cuisine there........... just freakin awesome....
They have something called dosai/dosa not sure which , It essentially rice ground to a batter then toasted on a pan. It so daam crispy and awesome ! pair it with those spicy 'sambhar' ( its a watery gravy with mustard , veggies and loads of spices not sure wat all igredients ) and chutneys ( they usually do coconut chutenys there . even those are spicy lol ) I was in foodie heaven !!!!! Anyone else has tried it ?

Its hard to appreciate something when you can get it anytime you want to :)

But yes, there is much more to Indian food than just curry.

Being an Indian(kinda) myself I know, they have a HUGE variety of food.

Since you went to South India, stuff like "Dosa/Dosai" are like the staple breakfast everyday. But if you went up north, the food gradually becomes more Creamy/Buttery and less Spicy (with a few exceptions).

Wait! You went to Coimbatore so you were about 490 Kilometres from where I go every year!

Forgive me for being uneducated, but what's the green stuff with tofu and cheese in it? Palik Paneer or something. I apologize if I got the name wrong, that stuff is delicious!

I personally love Indian food and wish I could eat it more, but it's just way too expensive here.

Forgive me for being uneducated, but what's the green stuff with tofu and cheese in it? Palik Paneer or something. I apologize if I got the name wrong, that stuff is delicious!

yes, that is called Palak Paneer. It is made with Paneer or cottage cheese as its called, while Palak is that green leafy vegetable, similar to spinach.

Palak paneer (here it's normally called saag paneer for some reason) is definitely my favorite Indian dish, it's so delicious!

I'm also a huge fan of lassi to wash it down.

My dad absolutely loves a curry, like I think he practically lives at an Indian restuarant he likes going to xD

I remember making samosas in Yr10 when I was learning different pastries, this case filo. OMG, mine turned out so dainty and small and neat, my miss goes they look so girly xD I liked them, I've tasted the original authentic ones and they're like fat as fuck.

I live in a city that caters to tourists from all over the world, so yes, there's Indian here. Another thing, there's a little-publicized Punjabi festival happening next month. Last year's was amazing.

Hi

I'm a Masters student at the University of Waterloo, Canada. I'm currently doing my thesis on how Indian cuisine is perceived by travellers to India. I would like to invite those in this thread that have travelled to India to participate in my survey which will take about 10 minutes online. Here's the link:
https://qtrial.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_efKmRtL1UnnJkFe

I would GREAT APPRECIATE your assistance!!!

Thanks

Sudip

Being an Indian myself, I do eat a lot of Indian food. I'm actually from Tamil Nadu myself, so being a Tamilian, I have dosas and sambhar a lot. It is really good. I also have a lot of other staple South Indian food, which I will admit am always reluctant to try at first, but end up (most of the time :p) liking it.

I'm not really in touch with my Indian side, but the one thing that I always have and will keep in my life is Indian food. Stereotypes make it look like all Indian food smells and tastes bad, and the only thing is curry, however, that's wrong. I will admit, being a Tamilian myself, some of the food looks kind of gross, but when you eat it, 95% of the time, it tastes really good.

It really is underrated. Anybody here had idlis? I really like them. I also really like puri. There's a lot more to Indian cuisine than just curry, like Legacy said.

I love Indian food. I usually get chicken tikka masala and garlic nan. It could be my favorite meal.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom