• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[Indigo Disk Spoilers] So, Kieran & Amarys...

CloverDragon

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
This thread contains Indigo Disk content, particularly content that can only be accessed after beating the Indigo Disk main story. Viewer discretion is advised for those who wish to avoid spoilers. You have been warned.

So Game Freak just decided to make the Indigo Disk DLC a shipping club apparently. You've got Crispin crushing on Lacey, and now this.

So in the League Club Room, you're able to speak with Amarys after completing the Indigo Disk's main story. In this optional dialogue, Amarys has two fun bits of dialogue:
  1. When she asks about how you and Kieran first met, if you choose the "We paired up!" option, she completely panics before realizing you meant as part of a school activity
  2. She reveals that her chest aches and her appetite goes down when she thinks of Kieran, and the nurse says she has no abnormalities
So, y'all think Amarys is crushing on Kieran? Are there any enjoyers of this potential ship? Let's discuss.

Yes, this is what I'm making my first post on the forum. No, I am not sorry.

Last edited:
Interesting....I've only had Amarys once in the club room so far, so I haven't seen this dialogue yet (as it seems to be prompted upon the second time you see her). There's a whole lot of subtle ship tease flying around with these interactions you can have with the BBL group. I did get an interesting interaction with Lacey on her second visit, in which she basically said that she didn't like Kieran's rotten personality change (I believe that descriptor was hers, but I could be remembering wrong), but that she was into his new look. XD which...definitely caught me off-guard and got an eyebrow raise out of me, especially after Crispin's enormous crushing on Lacey....I think the conclusion that I'm coming to is that this academy is like a soap opera, with all these crushes and hormones flying around (and god, I cannot WAIT for the epilogue, and to get to see Kieran & Carmine themselves joining this mess, along with my Main Squad (who have f i n a l l y been returned to me from the war, I've missed them so much XD) as well---I was so MIFFED when I realized that I couldn't unlock them immediately XDD)

anyway, i've been on board with shipping Amarys/Carmine, and I was reading Amarys's feelings towards Kieran as being concerned for the brother of her "dear friend" (which was a phrase that definitely Caught My Attention as a great lover of femslash, and even more so when Drayton comes up to you after your battle with her and chose to talk all about their relationship, like....that was certainly A Choice XP). That dialogue definitely gives off a very different vibe (and I kinda wonder what happens when you pick the other option?)....but I don't think it's going to really have too much of an impact on my shipping choices and preferences. Even if Amarys/Carmine didn't exist, my main Kieran ship would remain as Florian/Kieran (along with Allister/Kieran as my crack ship of choice XD). I've definitely gotten a new perspective tho on their relationship, and there's always the chance that it could be added to my multishipping armada....Kieran's eventual interactions will probably be more of a deciding factor for me personally. (For instance, Crispin is undoubtedly crushing on Lacey, but so far I've seen nothing from her that indicates any similar feelings towards him, which leaves me much more "ehh" about the ship. Plus....idk, at best, they give me Ron/Hermione vibes in terms of their personalities, but since these are just small little side dialogues, there's none of the depth and history that Romione got in the HP books that made the ship work for me. Like, movie surface-level Romione vibes don't do much for me---instead, it was Ron having Hermione's back when various characters like Snape and Draco bullied her for all those years, it was Ron stepping up to take on creating a legal defense for Buckbeak in book 3 bc Hermione was overwhelmed with her workload even tho such a project wasn't really in his wheelhouse, it was Ron's reaction to what happened to Hermione in Malfoy Manor in book 7---those were the kind of things that caught me and made me care about their relationship, despite its lacking in vibes that would normally interest me, in terms of their personalities.) Reciprocity goes a much longer way for me, I've discovered over the years, especially when it comes to more canonical ships.

Love the response, this stuff's fun to talk about. Also yes, I'm so ready for the epilogue, it's got everything I've ever wanted out of this game (aka the base game squad is back and gets to meet Kieran and Carmine). I felt like Amarys/Carmine would be fairly popular among those who know the Indigo Disk, and for good reason.

I fully get how you feel about reciprocity in a ship though, I'd definitely wanna see more on Kieran's side and I feel like it could be really cute. Same goes for Lacey and Crispin. Also... I didn't know Amarys said she was into Kieran's new look, that's amazing :bulbaLol:

me, sobbing, throwing myself at nemona, penny, and arven: IT'S BEEN EIGHTY-FOUR YEARS----
(srsly, why the heck do they not get a BIT more dialogue, as they are kept caged in the prisons of their rooms?? it's truly a soul-crushing prospect, going to their rooms bc you desperately miss them, yet having to deal with the tiny bits of dialogue that never change after the initial scene you get when you visit them for the first time ;;;; )

me, a blessedly naive fool, upon starting indigo disk: eh, i do like juliana/carmine, and after teal mask i do now get why ppl are shipping nemona/carmine, but the main polycule owns my whole heart, so i'm probably gonna end up shipping lacey/carmine, or maybe even lacey/amarys....
amarys/carmine, the one blueberry academy femslash permutation that i didn't think to pair up at all: I CAME IN LIKE A WRECKING BALL---
(i was so unprepared, lmao XDD)

also, it may have been a typo, but to clarify just in case (as I don't want to give anyone false shipping hope XD), LACEY is the one who says she's into kieran's new look, not amarys. XP i did take screenshots of it on my switch, so here is what Lacey says exactly (again, upon my second time having her in the club room):

"Kieran changed a whole lot after he decided to mix up his look. His personality took a nose dive, but he looked darn cute...don't you think?"
(so...emo boys, confirmed to not be lacey's cup of tea? XP)
(i also find it absolutely hysterical that so much of lacey's dialogue that i've seen so far is her complaining about how much she hates drayton, lmaooo XDD)
(exhibit a of the drayton slander: "Why is Drayton so...Drayton? You know?! He's just so slovenly and unreliable and...ugh!" like get rekt my dude XD)

Ohhhhh I thought Amarys was, that would've been hilarious. Still, I find the fact that Lacey likes his new look pretty funny. Also I think most of the Indigo Disk characters have something against Drayton :bulbaLol:

It's also 100% criminal that they didn't give Nemona, Arven, and Penny more screentime in the DLC. It's possible they'll become coaches in the League Club Room after the epilogue since the epilogue involves them, but still...

i mean, tbf, i kinda don't blame them all for disliking drayton XD; i'm especially empathetic to lacey's frustrations with him, as weaponized incompetence is the worst, especially from men. ://

lmao, i was so MAD when i first started playing teal mask, and we were forced to go on the exchange trip with 3 randos, and not my squad??? the AUDACITY!! XP (but srsly tho....they didn't have to be major characters in the dlc's story!! they coulda just had small bit parts!! i truly do remain convinced that the dlc would've been so elevated if we could've had them along for the ride, rather than the 3 non-entities who don't even get names ffs XDD (like, instead of that one kid who got partnered with carmine who always had her yelling at them, and that she was forcing to play messenger between you, could you imagine if that had been, like, nemona instead? or maybe have that one be penny, and the 2 randos from your academy that got paired together could've been arven and nemona, bickering in the corner? WE COULD'VE HAD IT ALLLL--)) ever since the trailers revealed the existence of the special coaches, i'd been holding out hope for the Squad to be included in that, and when cyrano first introduces it to you and says that you can invite "any other strong trainers" too, i was like, yesss!!! this must mean my babies!!! and upon looking at the number of slots, it seemed to me that there was enough room for them alongside the gym leaders, paldea league, and teachers, so i went to bulbapedia, which does list nemona, penny, and arven as special coaches, so i got so excited...only to read that, as of now, there was no way to unlock them (whereas the teachers and etc had listed conditions for unlocking), and i was DEVASTATED and like, wtf do you meannnn?????? i found out about the epilogue later on, and like...on the one hand, i'm glad for more content with my Squad, but on the other hand, i'm just kinda like....why in the heck is it being released separate from the dlc?? that confuses me. and like....making me wait until jan 11th is so mean ;;; XP (well, at least for nemona and arven....we did get a tiny bit of penny content along with the team star storyline in indigo disk, so i suppose the dlc did give us at least a crumb XD and also there was the Encounter with the professor, which i guess you could see as arven adjacent, tho i cannot Speak of it, due to my incadescent Rage at said professor XP)

but yeah....we truly were Robbed of the beloved polycule Squad content that we deserve ;;;; and truly....why create the best group dynamic we've ever had in the games, only to give us so little content for them in the dlc??? like, i think back to swsh's dlc, and how hop got to show up during the story of IoA at least, and....ngl, i'm a little bitter about it. XP altho, i do have to give credit where it's due, and i must say that i vastly prefer the special coaches (and the league club room in general) over, like, the galarian star tournament, as it's a far better goldmine for character interactions, which is the kind of content that i value the most (as while gameplay is obvs important, i'm primarily playing games for the story above all else), and i def think sv's dlc was a huge step up overall in comparison to swsh's (but then, for me, sv beats out swsh all around in every way you could possibly compare them, so i suppose it's not that surprising XP to be clear, i don't hate swsh, but a lot of things about it were kinda...underwhelming, for me).

Back
Top Bottom