• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Infernape vs Primeape

Infernape. lol, I think the last time I saw a Primeape was when Ash let his go.

seriously bro, who don't love a fighting monkey with flame on its head?

Infernape high speed and high attack saves its butt many time.
Plus... Primeape defense is pretty low. Even lower than infernape.
Meh, I think more about how pokemon looks than it's stats. And I just don't like fire/fighting starters, even if Infernape is the coolest fire/fighting starter (Blaziken's a chicken with hair and Tepig's final evo's a roasted pig)

Who looks better? Infernape.
Who is your favorite? Infernape.
Who is more awesome? Both.
Who is more useful? Primeape, since I used it more.

Infernape: 3
Primeape: 2

Infernape gets my vote.

Meh, I think more about how pokemon looks than it's stats. And I just don't like fire/fighting starters, even if Infernape is the coolest fire/fighting starter (Blaziken's a chicken with hair and Tepig's final evo's a roasted pig)

Meh , to me , Blaziken is the coolest Fire/Fighting starter , altrough Infernape is good too, especially in the anime . But 3 Fire/Fighting starters is enough .

Infernape. Who doesn't love a flaming monkey?

Those who don't like monkeys

I'd have to go with Primeape. It has less weaknesses.

I may not account for all of them, but...
Infernape: Water, Flying, Psychic, Ground
Primape: Flying, Psychic

Although Infernape has more resistances, its weaknesses are more common (too many strong Pokemon know earthquake).

So yeah.

Infernape is better since it can be physical, special, or mixed
Posted via Mobile Device

I know this is late but a jolly primeape with earthquake will ohko infernape before it moves.

Infernape. Who doesn't love a flaming monkey?

I don't.

While I'm voting for Primape on principle (Infernape is still my least favorite Pokemon,) I will admit that the other monkey is better.

You can't beat Ambipom though.

1. Infernape for obvious reasons

2. Infernape for a cooler design

3. Infernape, again

4. Infernape for a vast movepool.

Poor Primate's got nothing.

1. Infernape for obvious reasons

2. Infernape for a cooler design

3. Infernape, again

4. Infernape for a vast movepool.

Poor Primate's got nothing.

This.

Infernape is much better in every way possible. The typing helps too and it can use it unlike a certain Pokemon *coughEmboarcough*

So true! And how come no one cried over Blastoise and Feraligatr both are pure water type. Blaziken and Infernape may have the same typing but they have their own pros and cons. The fire starter in B/W is also half fighting. just saying..

I am in total agreement with both of you! However, I feel that the fire/fighting type combination is becoming somewhat trite and overused (three generations in a row? come on!)
Anyway, infernape ftw!

Actually... Primeape can edge Infernape out... He gets EQ and Dig which are SE against Infernape... (plus he has higher attack lol) and Infernape is BARLEY more durable then Primeape.. he might be more useful but Primeape can still beat him in a fight

Infernape is almost superior in every way. About the only thing Primeape has going for it is its abilities, especially Anger Point. It could be extremely dangerous in a Double or Triple match. Then again, Tauros has that, too, and he's a much better Pokemon. Never mind. Infernape wins, without a doubt.

Actually... Primeape can edge Infernape out... He gets EQ and Dig which are SE against Infernape... (plus he has higher attack lol) and Infernape is BARLEY more durable then Primeape.. he might be more useful but Primeape can still beat him in a fight

Infernape is miles faster than Primeape, so I don't know how Primeape can "edge him out". If it's 1 vs. 1 Infernape is going to win, imo.

Neither is all that amazing. Primeape is just ugly, and its personality is horrible, while Infernape is overexposed and outclasses much cooler Fire-types, such as Ninetales, Houndoom, Typhlosion, Entei and Arcanine. Passimian is the only Fighting-type simian Pokemon I somewhat like.

Easy: Infernape.

1) Infernape has a much better design, especially considering the origin of it. Primeape is just a angry fuzzball with boxing gloves.

2) Infernape is my favorite of the two. Primeape isn't even in my Top 50 while Infernape is in my Top 10.

3) Infernape, hands down. Flaming martial art monkey for the win!

4) Infernape by lightyears. Great typing, well-designed stats that fit its role best, a stupidly diverse movepool (more like a move ocean) with plenty of coverage options (to the point it suffers from 4-move syndrome), solid abilities with various moves that complement them, and an absolute beast on the battlefield. Primeape doesn't even come close (although Defiant is a rather good ability for the berserker furball).

Eh.. neither to be honest, I'm not fond of most primate Pokemon aside from Passimian. Both of these two specific 'mons don't have appealing designs to me (and I don't care about the Chimchar line's Sun Wukong inspired origin, doesn't make it any better imo).

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom